Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT-John Fogerty: My Anger Towards Creedence Bandmates Has Faded
Posted by: winter ()
Date: October 29, 2011 03:57

I wonder if getting to add handclaps (and being credited) to the SG bonus disc was the catharthis for his change in attitude towards old bandmates!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 29, 2011 04:08

MKjan
Send It To me
Ha. Yeah, that lady is alright.

I was always struck by the Stones "grown up" reaction to getting taken advantage of by Alan Klein (Keith: "price of an education" ) as compared to Fogerty's crybaby reaction to his bad deal with Zaentz. I mean, you signed a sh*tty deal, but...you did sign it...

Yes, he was not without a lawyer or 2 when he entered this agreement, so he made a call he ultimately has only himself to blame.
There was also the issue of JF losing a big chunk of money in an off shore banking gig that Zaentz suggested.
I think he did milk the rock star vs the corporate thug thing too far, I mean,
he was being very corporate in his own way, and did even worse to his band mates than what he feels Zaentz did to him, all due to bad decisions and a huge ego. I like CCR, but JF was a crybaby. "price of an education" much better.

Best summary of the drama I could find. Fogerty is a business moron for sure...

[www.cincottalaw.com]

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 29, 2011 05:00

Send It To me
MKjan
Send It To me
Ha. Yeah, that lady is alright.

I was always struck by the Stones "grown up" reaction to getting taken advantage of by Alan Klein (Keith: "price of an education" ) as compared to Fogerty's crybaby reaction to his bad deal with Zaentz. I mean, you signed a sh*tty deal, but...you did sign it...

Yes, he was not without a lawyer or 2 when he entered this agreement, so he made a call he ultimately has only himself to blame.
There was also the issue of JF losing a big chunk of money in an off shore banking gig that Zaentz suggested.
I think he did milk the rock star vs the corporate thug thing too far, I mean,
he was being very corporate in his own way, and did even worse to his band mates than what he feels Zaentz did to him, all due to bad decisions and a huge ego. I like CCR, but JF was a crybaby. "price of an education" much better.

Best summary of the drama I could find. Fogerty is a business moron for sure...

[www.cincottalaw.com]

It was my understanding that Stu's father did see the contract.
It is a bad story, all the way around.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 22, 2011 02:06

John Fogerty was in New York to play some Creedence.

"At the start of Thursday's show, the three video screens behind Fogerty displayed images of the Cosmo's Factory album cover but cut out Clifford, Cook and Fogerty's late brother, Tom Fogerty."

Doesn't sound like John's forgiven all just yet.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 02:13

I'd love for them to get back together. Back in the late 90's I saw John Fogerty, then a few weeks later I saw "Creedence Clearwater Revisited", which was basically Doug and Stu with some other musicians (one was Elliot Easton from The Cars on guitar, I forget who was singing) playing CCR songs. I remember thinking at the time how silly it was that they couldn't just get together and play instead of touring around separately plying most of the same cities and most of the same songs. I was young and naive though, I've seen many worse band grudges since then.

But hey, if Pink Floyd can get back together, even if just for one night, I think there's hope for CCR.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 22, 2011 13:08

As much as I love CCR, they don't need to get back together. If Tom was still alive, maybe. But he's been gone for a good 20 years now and Fogerty is all you need in that band. I too just saw him in New York and his vocals and guitar playing could not be more spot on. Its amazing that at his age he hasn't lost a thing. I've missed him the last 3 times or so for one reason or another and could not be more happy that I finally witnessed a show. Even if I didn't get to hear any Cosmo's Factory songs.

And to sweetcharmedlife, I wouldn't say he hasn't forgiven the band. I agree that the show/images weren't as heavily band nostalgic as I imagined. I did figure he'd show some pictures of the band or talk about them during the shows. But I think the point is its Fogerty and not CCR. He plays the songs and thats about as nostalgic as you can get. I can see him not wanting to go off the deep end and make it full blown with all stories about CCR and pictures as well. I didn't see any photos or videos where the band was cropped out, just to me they seemed like they were already heavily focused on John and he used those because in the end its his show. I agree that the band didn't get as much of a mention as I figured, but it does genuinely sound like there isn't any bad blood between them anymore even though they don't play together.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home