Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT-John Fogerty: My Anger Towards Creedence Bandmates Has Faded
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 26, 2011 22:16

John Fogerty: My Anger Towards Creedence Bandmates Has Faded'
If you feel good and you get busy, your heart heals'

By ANDY GREENE
OCTOBER 25, 2011
[www.rollingstone.com]

...............Are you open to the possibility of one day reuniting with Doug and Stu from Creedence?
Ummmm, yeah. Somebody asked me this recently and I was surprised at my answer. I didn't know the question was coming so I hadn't fallen into my familiar mindset and emotions. I realized that it had been a long time. I'd lost so much of my anger from those times. I have a really wonderful life now. It all kind of begins with my beautiful wife Julie. We've raised a wonderful family. We still have one child at home, but two of the older ones are off at college. In some ways, I kind of just scratch my head and go, "Wow, look at all that happened!" I've had a happy life of looking forward to family things and and looking forward to artistic things. I haven't really had time to sit around and wonder and ponder the past. If you feel good and you get busy, especially if you're in love, your heart heals. You're not carrying a bunch of baggage.

I don't know what stars would have to line up for that to happen . . . but I realize I didn't have an automatic reaction to the idea simply because I haven't really wasted mental energy being angry for quite some time............

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT-John Fogerty: My Anger Towards Creedence Bandmates Has Faded
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 26, 2011 22:19

Great I love to see the old CCR setup............

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 26, 2011 22:19

oh, great. now that nobody (except Nicos) cares anymore....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-26 22:19 by StonesTod.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 26, 2011 22:25

I saw Fogerty in a very small place in Atlanta in 2004 and it was great. I wonder how many tickets the name CCR would sell?

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: October 26, 2011 22:35

It's not Creedence without brother Tom, who passed away years ago.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: October 26, 2011 23:21

Floorbird

Can't really see why not. Bands have changed lineups every now and then....

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: October 26, 2011 23:50

StonesTod
oh, great. now that nobody (except Nicos) cares anymore....

Well I love to see this one performed on stage ....................and after that they can add it to their Re-Mastered, Expanded, Super-Super-Deluxe Edition grinning smiley

Forgot to add the picture...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 00:02 by NICOS.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 26, 2011 23:50

Floorbird

Well, they did release a studio and a live album without him when he was alive, so the inconvenient fact of him being dead probably wouldn't stop them.

Besides, 3/4 of an original band line-up is pretty darn good when you're talking about a 60's act.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 26, 2011 23:59

I am guessing this probably means CCR will probably tour soon, and they will probably charge $75-$1000 per ticket and the tour will probably sell out world wide. People have been wanting this for a long time...

Ive seen John Fogerty play a couple of times after he stared playing CCR songs again and it is amazing how many songs they have/had. Even without a new album CCR could probably play for 2 1/2 hours, playing nothing but songs everyone knows and loves. Old bands (e.g. Bob Seger) who used to sell tickets for $5-$8 dollars realize they can come back now and sell tickets for $100.00+ and make more in one night night than they used to in a whole tour...enough money to let bygones be bygones.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 27, 2011 00:18

I hope Doug and Stu tell him to stick it up his butt. For years John has bashed them for telling the truth. Now he wants to play nice. Go f&*( yourself john.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 03:45 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: October 27, 2011 00:22

What stick up? Doug's stick?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 27, 2011 01:10

Wasn't Tom gone from the band before the actual break-up? I would love to see them. I have seen Fogerty twice and he was very good - though he had 2 other guitarists, keyboards, etc. I would like to see it stripped down. For me, they exemplified good, basic rock-n-roll. No costumes or attitude - just playing great songs in jeans and flannel shirts.

Nirvana and the grunge crowd kind of re-adopted that chic in 1991 after the hair-bands and electronica of the 80s.

As for Doug and Stu telling him to stick it up his butt...they seem to have gotten a ton of gigs over the years as Creedence Clearwater Revisited - which was pretty pathetic - but i guess they needed the cash.

Date: October 27, 2011 01:13

Wasn't Tom gone from the band before the actual break-up?

Yes, Yep, Ja

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 27, 2011 01:29

More Hot Rocks
I hope Doug and Stu tell hime to stick it up his butt.

Yeah, they do have reason to be pissed at John. His ego was too big to think of
his bandmates while he went to war against Zaentz.
He continued to collect huge sums of money off the songwriter share of the mechanicals, even though Saul owned the copyrights. He was given 50% of what Saul
collected.
He could have toured with the band, they would have made a lot of money, and Zaentz would not have collected income off ticket receipts.
There would be performance rights money....BMI and /or ASCAP that goes directly to the writer, even when the copyright was assigned.
He could have helped them and himself and continue to fight Zaentz, he turned his back on them.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 27, 2011 01:34

NICOS
Great I love to see the old CCR setup............

Did you forget the others sucked? JF should keep on touring with talented hired musicians. But hey $$$$$$$$ is a strong ex-bandmates magnet...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 01:36 by dcba.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 27, 2011 02:01

I always liked CCR...cant forget Brian was listening to them in the last weeks of his life...

Date: October 27, 2011 02:33

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 27, 2011 02:45

Floorbird

To be fair, it is, because Tom left when CCR was still very much together and it was Creedence then, so why not now?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 27, 2011 02:50

I don't know if there's that much demand at this point for a CCR reunion. The other two weren't particularly talented. It's not like the Police where Andy is a great guitar player and Stewart was a great drummer. Fogerty would be better served to maybe hitch up with some known talents and start a Super Group.

Date: October 27, 2011 02:54

A revival of Creedence Clearwater Revival is an ad makers dream. They could sell this so easy, so many hits, so many great songs, can you imagine the teasers and hype?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 27, 2011 03:33

Max'sKansasCity
A revival of Creedence Clearwater Revival is an ad makers dream. They could sell this so easy, so many hits, so many great songs, can you imagine the teasers and hype?

Like the Glimmers, the anger subsides when they see the numbers...

Date: October 27, 2011 03:42

loog droog
Max'sKansasCity

Like the Glimmers, the anger subsides when they see the numbers...
thumbs up exactly...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 27, 2011 04:19

Max'sKansasCity

I guess. But they've been apart for 40 years. The other members haven't exactly been doing high profile work. It doesn't seem like the young audience would give a shit, like they would for the reunion of a group like Led Zeppelin. I can't see Dodger Stadium sold out to hear CCR do 'Keep On Chooglin''

Date: October 27, 2011 04:32

My guess is young (old, all ) people have CCR songs are engrained in their DNA. Even if they might not know the names of the songs, they sure as heck know the song... at least these....

"Susie Q."
"I Put a Spell on You"
"Proud Mary"
"Bad Moon Rising"
"Green River"
"Down on the Corner"
"Travelin' Band"
"Up Around the Bend"
"Lookin' out My Back Door"
"Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"
"Sweet Hitch-Hiker"
"Someday Never Comes"
"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"

There are popular new groups out there that dont even have that many songs total(exageration), let alone that many super hits. That is like 12 war horses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 04:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 27, 2011 04:33

As others have said, Tom Fogerty quite the band while they were still active. Personally I could care less about a reformation of the line-up, as John Fogerty IS CCR in my mind. Not to dismiss completely the talents of the others, but they were good - not great musicians. And as for the songs he let them write and sing on the last album - horrible. I saw Fogerty at the Ryman 4 years ago and I imagine that is every bit as satisfying as seeing him with these guys (who've been touring for years with a new lead singer as Creedence Clearwater Revisited, playing songs they didn't write).

Date: October 27, 2011 04:49

theimposter
As others have said, Tom Fogerty quite the band while they were still active. Personally I could care less about a reformation of the line-up, as John Fogerty IS CCR in my mind. Not to dismiss completely the talents of the others, but they were good - not great musicians. And as for the songs he let them write and sing on the last album - horrible. I saw Fogerty at the Ryman 4 years ago and I imagine that is every bit as satisfying as seeing him with these guys (who've been touring for years with a new lead singer as Creedence Clearwater Revisited, playing songs they didn't write).

You make great points, as usualthumbs up

I just think it would be cool if JF really did "get the band back together". This would be his way of having his cake and eating it too and having some pie and donuts and cookies.... and brownies... and milk... and lots (more) money.

It would allow him to have won the the war of "FK YOU ALL I AM GONE!!!!"... then not playing ANY CCR for years and years... and then he comes back and is a smash hit success all on his on....and now if he brought CCR back together and did a monster so tour.... it would be amazing.

I am speaking as a huge John Fogerty fan, I think he is almost as cool as Neil Young. After I saw Fogerty on his first tour after deciding to play CCR again, he had me for life as a fan. I was flabbergasted. Before deciding to go, I read a story back then about how he had gone to a grave of some great old musicain that nobody knows... and he thought... man, it would be a shame if people forgot CCR's music.... so he set out and did.... what he has been doing... and it could not have gone better..... until now...

That is why I would love to see him succeed... again... I am a huge fan of JF, he kicked the music business in the nuts... and still kept on going, it is quite a story.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-27 05:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 27, 2011 04:54

Just to be fair, Cook and Clifford were an awesome rhythm section that had a lot to do with Creedence's sound.

Date: October 27, 2011 05:06

Wry Cooter
Just to be fair, Cook and Clifford were an awesome rhythm section that had a lot to do with Creedence's sound.

Yes, but Fogerty has claimed that he had to teach them basically each and every note, and he had to bar them from the studio when he was mixing because they didn't know what they were doing.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 27, 2011 05:13

24FPS
I don't know if there's that much demand at this point for a CCR reunion. The other two weren't particularly talented. It's not like the Police where Andy is a great guitar player and Stewart was a great drummer. Fogerty would be better served to maybe hitch up with some known talents and start a Super Group.
He's in his mid 60's at this point and done very well for himself without the others. He has a very good band backing him and he has had voice troubles in recent years.Their is little or any desire for a CCR reunion among CCR fans. I have seen him 4 times solo. All splendid. He pulls out plenty of different CCR material at every show.

Date: October 27, 2011 05:18

Let's face it, CCR was Fogerty. If you want to hear a CCR album where they shared the writing and decision-making responsibilities equally, listen to Mardi Gras - if you dare.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2022
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home