Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Pic Of Keith Playing At An After Party TODAY!!
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 28, 2011 19:26

audun-eg
seitan
I've never seen Keith or anyone else confirm in public that he has arthritis. So It´s a @#$%& gossip - nothing more - and there´s video and the man plays fine, I guess it´s matter of opinion and musical taste, but it sounded good enough for me.
And that´s Keith Richards were talking about here..dont forget.

Have you actually seen pictures where you can see his fingers from the last decade? One doesn't have to be a doctor..... or get anything confirmed from his own mouth.

Wait. Hold it. We need to get a doctor to officially let us know that Keith's hair is grey and that it was dyed for the Voodoo, Licks and Bang tours. And maybe that doctor can tell us why Keith had (some) grey hair as far back as the Tattoo You tour as well as during the Bridges tour. If not then I guess we're all just making it up. Although Keith has PUBLICLY confirmed that he dyed his hair. But that might not be enough for seitan. Afterall, it's not from a doctor.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 28, 2011 19:33

DragonSky
audun-eg
seitan
I've never seen Keith or anyone else confirm in public that he has arthritis. So It´s a @#$%& gossip - nothing more - and there´s video and the man plays fine, I guess it´s matter of opinion and musical taste, but it sounded good enough for me.

Have you actually seen pictures where you can see his fingers from the last decade? One doesn't have to be a doctor..... or get anything confirmed from his own mouth.

Wait. Hold it. We need to get a doctor to officially let us know that Keith's hair is grey and that it was dyed for the Voodoo, Licks and Bang tours. And maybe that doctor can tell us why Keith had (some) grey hair as far back as the Tattoo You tour as well as during the Bridges tour. If not then I guess we're all just making it up. Although Keith has PUBLICLY confirmed that he dyed his hair. But that might not be enough for seitan. Afterall, it's not from a doctor.

wait a sec. you telling me you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows? if so, i think this could be incorporated into some song lyrics....

Date: October 28, 2011 19:52

Only if you are directionless...

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 28, 2011 22:34

Thanks to Keith's website, we now know that Jane Rose provided the pics. (At least, that's how I read it!!)smoking smiley

---------------

OCT 28 UPDATE: Some guerrilla video footage from Keith's appearance has surfaced! Thanks to Jane Rose for nimbly capturing the surprise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-28 22:37 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 28, 2011 23:00

Everything I saw confirms Keith was playing in NYC. I strongly doubt if he'd go to Austin for a premiere of Johnny's Rum Diary and then perform at an after-party there. :-)

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 28, 2011 23:02

StonesTod
DragonSky
audun-eg
seitan

wait a sec. you telling me you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows? if so, i think this could be incorporated into some song lyrics....

find some kid from Minn., have him sing it thru his nose and you got a great hit.

Date: October 28, 2011 23:45

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: October 29, 2011 02:45

Sounds and looks like a poor man blues band that I could see any day of the week around here. Generic is the word or is it Geritrol, I just don't know.

Posted by: SoCharlie ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:31

The video is on youtube, afterparty rum diaries, Keith playing and singing and obviously enjoying it!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:50

I guess everyone hopes to click on the new link and have it be...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:38

Man, Keith playing Jeff Beck with the right hand and Robert Johnson with the left one....wow!

Seriously, I like the minimalist slow old man blues stuff he does there. Quite tasty. But like every guitar player notices easily, that's is kind of stuff that is the easiest to reach if one picks up the guitar with any kind of basic technique. The difference is that it is Keith Richards doing it. (Just think of it being anyone else...)

From that base it is impossible to make any inclusions of his abilities as a player - for or against.

(But personally, I 'd rather hear him sitting on a chair, playing stuff like that, than trying to run miles on a huge stage and trying to pose-play "Brown Sugar", "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Start Me Up".)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-29 12:39 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 29, 2011 14:01

Doxa
hear him sitting on a chair, playing stuff like that

That would be great indeed. I would sure buy a ticket for that show.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 29, 2011 15:16

Rolling Hansie
Doxa
hear him sitting on a chair, playing stuff like that

That would be great indeed. I would sure buy a ticket for that show.

Indeed! In fact, I'm patiently waiting for that day to arrive!! And I believe it will arrive one day!!smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 29, 2011 15:57

Doxa
Man, Keith playing Jeff Beck with the right hand and Robert Johnson with the left one....wow!

Seriously, I like the minimalist slow old man blues stuff he does there. Quite tasty. But like every guitar player notices easily, that's is kind of stuff that is the easiest to reach if one picks up the guitar with any kind of basic technique. The difference is that it is Keith Richards doing it. (Just think of it being anyone else...)

From that base it is impossible to make any inclusions of his abilities as a player - for or against.

(But personally, I 'd rather hear him sitting on a chair, playing stuff like that, than trying to run miles on a huge stage and trying to pose-play "Brown Sugar", "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Start Me Up".)

- Doxa

Nobody had brought a spare lead along for Keith, and he didn't have a pick handy. That suggests that this wasn't a long-planned and rehearsed appearance but a spur of the moment thing, and something slow and easy that everyone knew would be the obvious choice of what to play. It may be simple, but it sounded good to me, and I agree with you, Doxa - "From that base it is impossible to make any conclusions of his abilities as a player - for or against." It's just very good to see him out and playing again.

Date: October 29, 2011 17:21

Doxa

smiling smiley He´s only playing with his thumb because nobody in the house had a pick for him (listen to the vocalist asking if anyone had a pick). Keith is playing simple, slow and effective. He´s a bit lost here and there, but does all right, imo.

However, there are a few Johnson licks in there, I´ll give you that. But playing Jeff Beck is stretching it a bit...

- Doxa

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 29, 2011 17:39

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

smiling smiley He´s only playing with his thumb because nobody in the house had a pick for him (listen to the vocalist asking if anyone had a pick). Keith is playing simple, slow and effective. He´s a bit lost here and there, but does all right, imo.

However, there are a few Johnson licks in there, I´ll give you that. But playing Jeff Beck is stretching it a bit...

- Doxa

I agree with doxa.
On the latest KR interview, he said:

Richards is currently rehearsing new material with his other band, the X-Pensive Winos. “I hardly played [guitar] at all for two years,” he revealed. “I’m sort of basically recovering from the book, and this is my therapy at the moment. In the process of doing it, my chops are coming back.”

Read the full story:

[www.gibson.com]

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 29, 2011 17:51

DragonSky
audun-eg
seitan

You wanna talk about his hair now ? - hahahahah..gets funnier again and again. Listen, Why dont you just buy the new Tom Waits album and enjoy Keef's playing, it's great you know...
Meanwhile, I'm really happy that Keef's getting back together with X-pensives. I hope they get a new record out soon..

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 29, 2011 17:54

seitan
I'm really happy that Keef's getting back together with X-pensives. I hope they get a new record out soon..

Right. Make that very soon ... and then get the Stones back on the road >grinning smiley<

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 29, 2011 18:02

seitan
DragonSky
audun-eg
seitan

You wanna talk about his hair now ? - hahahahah..gets funnier again and again. Listen, Why dont you just buy the new Tom Waits album and enjoy Keef's playing, it's great you know...
Meanwhile, I'm really happy that Keef's getting back together with X-pensives. I hope they get a new record out soon..

I am going to get the new Tom Waits album - but not because of Keith. As far as the hair goes, well, I figured you'd demand some kind of official word since you don't seem to believe the obvious arthritis issue so I was putting it out there - someone find a hair doctor to verify that Keith's hair is... No matter. It's good to see that you find it funny.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 29, 2011 18:17

Doxa

- Doxa

Robert Johnson didn't play with a pick either!

Me too likes what he does with the blues in that video. Not exactly "tight" (quite sloppy indeed), but tasty, yes. On the other hand, the headstock of the guitar he is using says everything ...

Where I do not agree with you is when you say it is "easy".

For what matters all of his best guitar work is not much more complicated from a strictly technical point of view (HTW intro, for example).

That said, there is no way that someone who "picks up the guitar with any kind of basic technique" can 'sound' that way when he plays. The spaces Keith leaves empty are exactly the spaces that others need to fill up. Keith's guitar is not necessarily the loudest of the ones on stage, but his lines always cut through the mix, they have presence. And I could go on and on.

Keith rules!

C

Video of Keith Jamming with Johnny Depp
Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: October 28, 2011 22:10

Just showed up on my facebook feed...

[www.keithrichards.com]

Or here on youtube

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-28 22:13 by goinhome.

Re: Video of Keith Jamming with Johnny Depp
Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: October 28, 2011 22:26

Super. Great to see my man alive and kicking.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 28, 2011 22:28

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 28, 2011 22:31

Brilliant to see him back playing live...my only concern is that he really appears to have aged in the way he moves and plays. On a positive note though he does seem to be melding into an old blues man in the mold of BB King, Muddy Waters. That is very promising. There was no posing really on this and whilst he didnt do a great deal in terms of guitar playing, it still comes across with the feeling - and that is Keith's strength. Whether he has the stamina left to undertake a serious tour, is very debatable.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: December 26, 2011 20:49

Found this clip, it's a bit longer than the first one posted earlier

Nice Depp8/richard footage
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 24, 2012 08:18

Posted by: bbkink ()
Date: March 25, 2012 05:54

What brand of guitar is Keith playing?

[savoirfaire-hoorayforhollywood.blogspot.com]

Re: Nice Depp8/richard footage
Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: March 25, 2012 06:07

steffiestones
[thepastdarkly.blogspot.com]
Wow, nostalgia! I have not seen that since I it first aired! Thanks!

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home