Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
From the Vault Extra - Japan release March 31st 2017
Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: January 4, 2017 16:52

On March 31st 2017 Wardrecords will release some special stuff in Japan:

Tokyo Feb 24th 1990 - the camera test show for the common Feb 26th broadcast

And some Stripped bonus which is labeled as 1995-07-03 which indicates that it is the Olympia, Paris show?! As this one was released as Totally Stripped bonus DVD this one is suspect. Maybe some fans from Japan now more?

Re: From the Vault Extra - Japan release March 31st 2017
Date: January 4, 2017 17:04

Sounds like the well is running dry to me, if this is the best they can come up with...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 4, 2017 17:13

Guess this is an easy cash-in targeted hard core fans.

There were questions why they do not add any extra to B&L - so here you go, Japanese only edition.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 4, 2017 17:19

DandelionPowderman
Sounds like the well is running dry to me, if this is the best they can come up with...
Yeah, I don't get it.

How about a full Voodoo Lounge U.S. stadium show? I've got a couple of boots and the Miami PPV, but an official show would be nice.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 4, 2017 17:28

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
Yeah, I don't get it.

How about a full Voodoo Lounge U.S. stadium show? I've got a couple of boots and the Miami PPV, but an official show would be nice.

I'd guess that this 1990 show was a quick and easy release, requiring little work to make it watchable.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 4, 2017 17:38

henrik87

Tokyo Feb 24th 1990 - the camera test show for the common Feb 26th broadcast

I hope it will have the running timecode at the bottom of the image for the extra "bootleg video" vibe! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 4, 2017 17:53

Is this official release, Japan only but official Vault release from Eagle Rock?

I have hopes this year will aee the Vault releasing Paris 1976 and maybe San Jose 1999!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 4, 2017 18:20

I do not think this is OFFICAL , I just checked to see if Wardrecords is part of Eagle Rock and I could not find any info .This does not pass the smell test.Maybe I am wrong ?

Date: January 4, 2017 18:22

Probably not Official, wouldn't make much sense; so it's just a bootleg, albeit a very expensively priced (I assume) and nice looking bootleg from Ward Records.

Come on Paris '76!! We all have the great boots, but we want cleaned up, full footage! So much Paris 1976 footage exists.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 4, 2017 18:25

Ward Records are 100% legit.
Their recent release of "Havana Moon" also came with a bonus disc of Ole Ole Ole.
[wardrecords.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: January 4, 2017 18:32

I can confirm that Wardrecords is the official label that releases the Stones videos in Japan. They supply the stuff to amazon and all those other retailers.

Ward also released a bonus CD of Sweet Summer Sun which had unreleased tracks of the first Hyde Park from 2013 on it.

So I think the new releases are something to maximize profit by offering Japan-exclusive stuff.

Date: January 4, 2017 18:35

henrik87

So I think the new releases are something to maximize profit by offering Japan-exclusive stuff.
Maybe for those who ordered Superdeluxe of Tokyo 90 from their site only.

Date: January 4, 2017 18:40

ironbelly

Could be possible but there is one more item listed for release

I do not know why on earth they would release the Paris 1995 show again. Only release making sense as 1995 bonus would be the 2nd Paradiso show.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 4, 2017 18:42

henrik87
ironbelly

I do not know why on earth they would release the Paris 1995 show again. Only release making sense as 1995 bonus would be the 2nd Paradiso show.

Possibly coming with a CD of the gig?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: January 4, 2017 18:49

Deltics
henrik87
ironbelly

Possibly coming with a CD of the gig?

Could be... but almost everybody got that one. With Paradiso 2nd they would have higher sales winking smiley

If only someone from Japan could help us translating the text.

Date: January 4, 2017 18:57

henrik87
Only release making sense as 1995 bonus would be the 2nd Paradiso show.

Remember the English video guy whose name was mentioned here said he mastered all four 1995 shows. So Paradiso II exists and is [addition: potentially] ready to be released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-04 21:19 by dcba.

Date: January 4, 2017 19:00

I didnt know that about Ward Records; so this is official! If Paradiso II could potentially be packaged with this that would increase demand substantially among us fans!

Date: January 4, 2017 19:04

dcba
henrik87
Only release making sense as 1995 bonus would be the 2nd Paradiso show.

Remember the English video guy whose name was mentioned here said he mastered all four 1995 shows. So Paradiso II exists and is ready to be released.
For the 2nd Paradiso I would be definitively in even if the price will be 'extra Japanese'. Not so sure about Paris 95 and Tokyo 90 even with CD's included.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: January 4, 2017 21:10

Maybe (hopefully?) with a decent mix, this time? grinning smiley
Cause the original Stripped mix was so much better than Totally Stripped...

Date: January 4, 2017 21:21

Jagger's design might have been : "if hardcore fans want the complete 1995 package with all 4 shows they'll order the limited item from Japan. Casual punters will be more than satisfied with one Paradiso dvd".

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 4, 2017 22:23

[nme-jp.com]

Use google translate winking smiley

[translate.google.com]

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: January 4, 2017 22:52

Here is the google translation

On March 31, The Rolling Stones has decided to release two video works including images of the first Japan tour.

"The Stones - Live at the Tokyo Dome 1990" has been released in October 2015, but the movie of a completely different performance day is released from "From The Vault Extra" performance of The Rolling Stones' As world released for the first time.

Another piece will be a picture of Small Gig at the Olympia Theater in Paris in 1995 which could only be seen with the "Totally Stripped" T-shirt perfectly limited box box or Super Premium Box.

"Stones - Live at the Tokyo Dome 1990" was a full video of February 26, which was also televised on a Japanese television system at the time, but this time it will be released before that one 2 It will be the image of the 24th of the month. Although it was known among fans that video recording was done for the camera test in preparation for the actual recording on the 26th, it is released as genuine software only for Japan. It is said that the team is restoring the image with engineers Bob Clear Mountain as the lead.

Meanwhile, the image of Small Gig at the Olympia Theater in Paris was recorded on July 3, 1995, which was held in conjunction with "Striped" production.

Details of the product will be announced in the future.

The Rolling Stones was announced today at Zepp DiverCity and Zepp Namba on January 4th "Stones Ole! me! me! Simultaneous screening of "A · Trip · Across · Latin America ·" and "Havana · Moonstones · Live in Cuba 2016" was held.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: January 5, 2017 00:13

there is no "D" in america, and if i got this right, no release of this in america also?

[www.youtube.com]

this is the last time they broke virgin territory with bill. would be nice to be able to get it here. they really enjoyed these shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-05 00:16 by sundevil.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 5, 2017 00:33

sundevil
there is no "D" in america, and if i got this right, no release of this in america also?

[www.youtube.com]

this is the last time they broke virgin territory with bill. would be nice to be able to get it here. they really enjoyed these shows.

"They really enjoyed these shows"

Bill did not. His father died the week before.

Looking at the cover it shows.

edit But You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover as Bo Diddley said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-05 00:40 by RipThisBone.

Date: January 5, 2017 10:11

Got the following confirmation from Ward Records:

At this moment we only can tell you that “Live at Olympia 1995.07.03” and “Live in Japan Tokyo Dorm 1990.02.24” will be released on March 31.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 5, 2017 11:31

I'd have thought they surely must be working on the Paris 76 and Knebworth 76 DVDs. That's pretty much the last gold in the Stones reserves. After that, archive wise, it's more or less the Vegas years.

Date: January 5, 2017 12:36

henrik87
Got the following confirmation from Ward Records:

At this moment we only can tell you that “Live at Olympia 1995.07.03” and “Live in Japan Tokyo Dorm 1990.02.24” will be released on March 31.
As long as Totally Stripped was not archive release “Live at Olympia 1995.07.03” makes sense in terms of re-packing. Like they did in the US with Hyde Park 1969. Maybe it makes some sense for 'average Joe'. But for those who already own Totally Stripped Deluxe - this would be waste of money (unless there will be DVD or Blueray based combo with 3LP's or 2CD's). Why not Paradiso II anyway?

“Live in Japan Tokyo Dorm 1990.02.24” seem to be for hardcore only. It shares the same set list with 1990.02.26 and I am not sure one could distinguish those shows from one glance.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 5, 2017 15:23

Why bother working on the other Tokyo concert when there are other things out there. Seems another wasted opportunity. What's new. Sorry about the cynicism but come on really.

Date: January 5, 2017 15:54

frankotero
Why bother working on the other Tokyo concert when there are other things out there. Seems another wasted opportunity. What's new. Sorry about the cynicism but come on really.

I get your point frankotero but as a hardcore Stones collector I am very happy to get shows in so much better quality than those old lossy 100th generation VHS sources we had until now.

Of course I would rather like to see stuff like Paris 1976, San Jose 1999, Shepherds Bush 1999, Licks club gigs or the great Leipzig 2003 show which was recorded for DVD.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 15:57

henrik87
frankotero

I get your point frankotero but as a hardcore Stones collector I am very happy to get shows in so much better quality than those old lossy 100th generation VHS sources we had until now.

Of course I would rather like to see stuff like Paris 1976, San Jose 1999, Shepherds Bush 1999, Licks club gigs or the great Leipzig 2003 show which was recorded for DVD.
YES! A proper No Security release is what's in order. What an amazing tour that was, even with Ronnie completely out to lunch for most of it.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2133
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home