Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: From the Vault Extra - Japan release March 31st 2017
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 5, 2017 16:05

San Jose 1999, Paris 1976, let's release them already

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 16:09

TheGreek
San Jose 1999, Paris 1976, let's release them already

I second that. Would also like to see the Leipzig 2003 pro shot. They recorded that show for DVD production and had AC/DC and Chrissy Hyde as guest appearances.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 16:50

henrik87
frankotero
Why bother working on the other Tokyo concert when there are other things out there. Seems another wasted opportunity. What's new. Sorry about the cynicism but come on really.

I get your point frankotero but as a hardcore Stones collector I am very happy to get shows in so much better quality than those old lossy 100th generation VHS sources we had until now.

Of course I would rather like to see stuff like Paris 1976, San Jose 1999, Shepherds Bush 1999, Licks club gigs or the great Leipzig 2003 show which was recorded for DVD.

Shepherds Bush 1999 would be another great one; the DVD boot we have is excellent of course, but to have a pro shot version would be mighty! I'm a huge fan of the B2B tour anyway (& NS Tour), maybe my favourite tour post 1989. Babylon they looked cool, wonderful stage, they sounded great (Keith was in prime form), and I loved the setlists!

Was watching Paris again last night and there really is a lot of footage; the TV special which combined tracks from three nights; the full unedited show from 6th (? not sure which date); and of course the 5th June one-camera shot that was discovered a year or two ago. They should just release all 4 shows^!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 5, 2017 17:11

IrelandCalling4
Babylon they looked cool, wonderful stage, they sounded great (Keith was in prime form), and I loved the setlists!

Exactly the kind of reason it doesn't get released. It would contradict alienating fans and giving them what they want. I mean really, they would rather release another concert with the same setlist 2 days earlier. Who does something like that? Not someone that cares about their fan base in my opinion. Actually it's a smack in the face. Of course everyone is welcome to perceive it as they wish.

Date: January 5, 2017 17:19

frankotero
IrelandCalling4
Babylon they looked cool, wonderful stage, they sounded great (Keith was in prime form), and I loved the setlists!

Exactly the kind of reason it doesn't get released. It would contradict alienating fans and giving them what they want. I mean really, they would rather release another concert with the same setlist 2 days earlier. Who does something like that? Not someone that cares about their fan base in my opinion. Actually it's a smack in the face. Of course everyone is welcome to perceive it as they wish.

But please keep it mind that these releases are just Japan extra stuff. Something like the Hyde Park bonus CD.

Of course there will be other video archive releases by Eagle Rock this year.

Date: January 5, 2017 17:23

- A 1966 show
- A 1967 show
- A 1972 show
- A 1976 show
- El Mocambo
- A 1994 show
- A 1995 show
- A 1997 show
- A 1998 show
- A 1999 show
- Phoenix, Toronto 2005

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 17:33

Last time I saw an interview with Paul Dugdale and he seemed a bit depressed when he said that the Fonda show wasn't released because of some reason. I wonder what those reasons are...

Date: January 5, 2017 17:42

What concerts were filmed since 1989 for a potential dvd release? I get that the video feeds off all shows since then were archived, but I don't know if they're good enough for a dvd release (well, Leeds apparently was).

Date: January 5, 2017 17:43

MonkeyMan2000
What concerts were filmed since 1989 for a potential dvd release? I get that the video feeds off all shows since then were archived, but I don't know if they're good enough for a dvd release (well, Leeds apparently was).

Phoenix Toronto

Date: January 5, 2017 17:47

Yes, so it's Phoenix, Fonda and Leipzig. But I think there are more than those...

Date: January 5, 2017 17:49

MonkeyMan2000
Yes, so it's Phoenix, Fonda and Leipzig. But I think there are more than those...

Paris, 1976
Shepherd's Bush 1999
San Jose 1999
Most 1994, 1995, 1997 and 1998-shows

Date: January 5, 2017 17:54

Then of course we have the shows from last year that Paul Dugdale filmed. Some on here noticed that at most of the shows there were two cameramen standing on each position.
So enough material for many from the vault volumes to come!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 5, 2017 18:09

Atlantic City'89 on DVD?
1989 is one of the few years that hasn't yet been covered by the Stones Archive program (along wiht 1977 of course).

Date: January 5, 2017 18:47

MonkeyMan2000
Leeds was abhorrent , not the Stones performance even though it was the last date of the 1982 European tour .I do have to mention that to me it seemed that the Stones performance was rushed if I may so myself .My big gripe was that they used the feeds off the giant screens from the performance venue .Some really awful camera work that stands out as some of the worst .Examples of this are when Keith or Ronnie is laying down a nice solo they show somebody else's face or if Ronnie is blazing away on a solo they show a up close view of his face and that type of thing instead of panning back a little a showing the whole person and the work on the guitar and the look on his face as he is plying his craft .That kind of thing really rankles me in the worst way .

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 19:03

I feel rankled just reading about it.

Date: January 5, 2017 20:25

There are a lot of shows from the past few years that would be great for a release: the O2 gigs, Echoplex, Waldbühne, Perth II, Detroit, Nashville, Atlanta, Desert Trip II...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 6, 2017 11:35

There are many potential unreleased shows but how many of them are commercially viable? Maybe multi-show DVD/CD releases like Totally Stripped is the way forward?

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 6, 2017 12:48

Father Ted
There are many potential unreleased shows but how many of them are commercially viable? Maybe multi-show DVD/CD releases like Totally Stripped is the way forward?

Bob Dylan doesn't care if it's commercially viable. Musically, if they don't loose money but win just a little bit, they will be gentlemen. Just in case Music should be the main interest and not the bank account.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 6, 2017 13:13

MonkeyMan2000
There are a lot of shows from the past few years that would be great for a release: the O2 gigs, Echoplex, Waldbühne, Perth II, Detroit, Nashville, Atlanta, Desert Trip II...

Imho none of them have a true commercial value. Us at IORR lamented the lack of an audience recording for the Echoplex. 3/4 years later nobody bothers about this show anymore.

If the band decides to play Dalhalla this summer, this spectacular venue/setting might be suitable for a DVD release.

Date: January 6, 2017 13:42

ouroux58
Father Ted

Bob Dylan doesn't care if it's commercially viable. Musically, if they don't loose money but win just a little bit, they will be gentlemen. Just in case Music should be the main interest and not the bank account.

The Stones presumably don't share Dylan's business strategy.

Date: January 6, 2017 14:00

I do not think it is the Stones' strategy. It is more Eagle Rock who is figuring out what is releasable at low costs and might sell well.

Of course they are listening to what people say. So I guess talking about San Jose 99, Shepherds Bush 99, Paris 1976, Leipzig 2003 and so on gives them an indication what might sell.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 6, 2017 14:08

henrik87

Of course they are listening to what people say. So I guess talking about San Jose 99, Shepherds Bush 99, Paris 1976, Leipzig 2003 and so on gives them an indication what might sell.
And talking about San Jose 99 and Shepherds Bush 99 one should ask where is re-issue of that obscured No Security CD that was omitted during 2009 re-issue program (but premised to be issued at later date).

Date: January 6, 2017 14:10

ironbelly
henrik87

And talking about San Jose 99 and Shepherds Bush 99 one should ask where is re-issue of that obscured No Security CD that was omitted during 2009 re-issue program (but premised to be issued at later date).

Maybe they plan some reissue by Universal with a DVD package (SBE or San Jose)?

Date: January 6, 2017 14:14

And do not forget the Werchter 2007 show. They recorded with the same director as Austin 2006. Start Me Up and I'll Go crazy were shown on Danish TV that summer. So the whole show is definitely out there with more cameras than the usual stage cams.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 6, 2017 14:50

Werchter 2007 was awfull. Keith was in a really bad shape and a few times clearly didn't know what he was doing.
They never are going to release that one.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-06 14:53 by GJV.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 6, 2017 15:29

MonkeyMan2000

Or what about the 2003 Vredenburg gig I´ve seen some pro shot stuff (snippets of songs) on dutch television long time ago.
And they also shot in 2003 the first Amsterdam Arena show (some shots are used on Four Flicks) the second show was planned to be broadcast live on tv but that show was postponed because of Mick´s throat. That´s why the Twickenham show a few days later is shot for the Four Flicks dvd.

Date: January 6, 2017 16:01

henrik87
I do not think it is the Stones' strategy. It is more Eagle Rock who is figuring out what is releasable at low costs and might sell well.

Henrik, I would encourage Eagle Rock to release as much as possible as I will buy it. I've never seen the shows you mention - was San Jose a PPV film?

Date: January 6, 2017 16:09

San José 99 was recorded for a later broadcast but never aired.
Shepherds Bush was professionally recorded and exist as SBD in collector's circles.
Leipzig 2003 was recorded for DVD purpose and therefore had two guest appearances.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: January 6, 2017 16:15

What about a box with the Clubconcerts from the Licks Tour?
I would buy it.

Date: January 6, 2017 16:44

I would have thought there would be an official release from the vault or eagle rock of the Fonda show from 2015 in LA .There was a official download audio release , so that is why I am curious as to why the Glimmers have not prepared this for a deluxe treatment of a CD/DVD ?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home