Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT: Manchester Arena UK terror attack
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:23

Ariana Grande concert deaths

Reading online that two explosions happened at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester England. Early reports say there have been deaths reported. Don't know how to add links. Very sad.
Wonder if this will cause any concert cancellations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 09:30 by bv.

Re: OT: Ariana Grande concert deaths
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:24

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Balloons?
[www.independent.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 02:27 by Deltics.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:28

just got back - was there with the kids (9 and 12)
Thankfully left half way thru last song but heard an enormous bang (ground shaking, def not a speaker or balloon as early reports indicated), got in the car and away very quickly. Thoughts go out to those that stayed to the end, nobody should ever not come back from a gig

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:35

It is not yet established if this is an accident or something sinister if the latter then we all know who is likely responsible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 02:39 by Nate.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:43

It was loud enough for my first thought to be bomb or train crash (Victoria station next to the arena)

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:45

Very sad

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 03:03 by HankM.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:47

very sad, very scary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 03:03 by HankM.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:53

Just horrible.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:57

Sad news ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: May 23, 2017 03:04

Just makes so angry and sad. Kids going to a show and this happens.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 03:23

Incomprehensible and terribly sadsad smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 23, 2017 03:33

Terrible and very sad - 19 dead and 50 injured. How come people do these things!!!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 03:59

mtaylor
Terrible and very sad - 19 dead and 50 injured. How come people do these things!!!
This makes me sick...her fans are mostly young girls.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 23, 2017 04:14

When are they gonna get serious with these idiots and dust them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 04:15 by black n blue.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 23, 2017 04:24

Know nothing about this, haven't really read the news, but can only think: Whoever did this, these flcukers need to go.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2017 04:51

Horrible news...thoughts with everyone in Manchester.

If true that it's a sinsister/evil act of terrorism....at an innocent teeny bopper concert...................f*@king cowards.angry smiley

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 23, 2017 05:17

yorkshirestone
Thankfully left half way thru last song but heard an enormous bang (ground shaking, def not a speaker or balloon as early reports indicated), got in the car and away very quickly. Thoughts go out to those that stayed to the end, nobody should ever not come back from a gig

There are no good words to express how I feel for you and your daughters after such an experience.

My very best wishes to your family from the other end of the world.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 23, 2017 05:55

BV will probably delete this thread and I respect him for that. Sometimes the real world creeps in when it intersects with music. Have a thought for the innocent lives lost and the multitudes that were injured and the multitudes and multitudes that have been emotionally scarred by this senseless act. They are the Salt of the Earth.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 23, 2017 06:13

very sad.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 23, 2017 06:25

Very sad news...

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 07:12

I am going to attend to many concerts next summer, included stones 3 times and Guns'n 'Roses in London , and even before what happened last night, I was already worried about something like that . It is so easy to kill people in crowded places.. Car parking, subway etc etc. very bad situation , difficult solutions

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 23, 2017 07:55

Incredibly sad and worrying. I've been to this arena so many times. My best mate was at Take That last week with his 6 year old. Sickening.

I've always feared this.Such an easy soft target. Blowing up teenagers and Children. What a deluded c**t .

Thoughts are with the victims and families

sc uk

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:06

Very shocked and saddened. Yorkshirestone - so sorry you, and especially your kids, experienced this.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:08

yorkshirestone

Saddening to hear the story but great that you and your kids are alright. Take care of your kids. This must be shocking and beyond reason especially for them. All the best.

- Doxa

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:14

"...The bad guys could be crippled within six hours. Let it rain hell from the sky..."

Against who, MileHigh? Against every country of Middle East? Even Tony Blair admitted that the reason why this horrible ISIS exists is Iraq war, in 2003. Try to think clearly...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:27

andrea66
I am going to attend to many concerts next summer, included stones 3 times and Guns'n 'Roses in London , and even before what happened last night, I was already worried about something like that . It is so easy to kill people in crowded places.. Car parking, subway etc etc. very bad situation , difficult solutions

Just for perspective--think about how many concerts you've been to over the years where no bomb went off. Even in the years since 9/11. Thankfully yorkshirestone and his family were spared, so that probably means hardly anybody in this forum has been the target of a terrorist attack at a concert. It's because the odds are so heavily on our side that it's so shocking and horrific when we hear of it happening to others, especially children.

If people are really determined to kill, they'll find a way and there's nothing we can do. But the chances you'll be one of their targets is minimal, so grieve for the victims and then enjoy your upcoming concerts. smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:31

MileHigh
I am shedding some tears. 19 killed, a probable suicide bomber.

Let's assume that this is traced back to the big bad guys in the Middle East. So many people on this board are old-school liberals, they have difficulty processing these things. If I was Trump I would secretly put the production of cruise missiles on a wartime footing, and reduce the cost from a million dollars per unit to $20,000 per unit. Then I would launch 2000 cruise missiles at the bad guys in one shot, or whatever is practically possible. Forget the Stone Age, go for scorched earth. It's not nice, but shooting up and blowing up innocent people at concerts is not nice either.

Regretfully, these idiots have sympathisers in, I would guess, almost every civilised country in the world. Blow their "hq" in Syria or Iran or Iraq or wherever it is to smithereens, and these sympathisers world wide would crawl out of the woodwork en masse and we'd literally have this everywhere, all at once. Solution is not as simplistic as your approach equates to, much as I'd like to agree...

Rod

Re: OT: Manchester Arena UK terror attack
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:37

so sad, thoughts go out to all the people effected.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:39

im sad and shocked...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: biggzee ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:45

Sad to report 22 now have lost their lives and another 59 injured.

Suicide bomber apparently, in the main foyer of the arena.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home