Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

anti-aging technologies and wealth (rock stars on steroids?)
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 13, 2011 05:53

I wonder if Mick is interested in trans-humanism, steroids, HGH, "smart drugs," etc. If you have hundreds of millions of dollars, I wonder what sort of fountain of youth tech stuff is out there. We already had athletes using steroids, perhaps aging rock stars will be next.

Re: anti-aging technologies and wealth (rock stars on steroids?)
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 13, 2011 10:24

I read a long time ago, in the High Times article from 1978, that Mick was an expert on skincare. Clearly he protects his skin from sun damage. He has been preserving his health and fitness since about that time, and apparently gave up smoking in the mid-70s. I think it would be very, very likely that he would be working with anti-aging doctors, and using bio-hormone replacement therapy, which is very effective, for both men and women. How it works is that your hormone levels are measured via blood or saliva tests, and then compounded plant-based hormones are given to restore hormone levels to those of a 30 year old.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 13, 2011 10:27

Bliss
I read a long time ago, in the High Times article from 1978, that Mick was an expert on skincare. Clearly he protects his skin from sun damage. He has been preserving his health and fitness since about that time, and apparently gave up smoking in the mid-70s.

Seeing the Live in Texas 78 interview -it didn't work! But both Jagger and Wood wear wigs though.

Mathijs

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 13, 2011 10:50

Mick has the same problem many ultra-thin people have, a lot of facial wrinkles. They just have no fat in their faces to smooth the wrinkles out. As they say, 'It's either your face or your a$$'.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 13, 2011 11:32

Mathijs
Bliss
I read a long time ago, in the High Times article from 1978, that Mick was an expert on skincare. Clearly he protects his skin from sun damage. He has been preserving his health and fitness since about that time, and apparently gave up smoking in the mid-70s.

Seeing the Live in Texas 78 interview -it didn't work! But both Jagger and Wood wear wigs though.

Mathijs

Charlie's wig is far more convincing.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: October 13, 2011 11:36

Does this face look like it's been to the fountain of youth?

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: October 13, 2011 15:59

It wouldn't surprise me if some of them use that stuff or will do so... anyone remember a few months ago when Robbie Williams admitted that he takes testosterone and human growth hormone? And he's only 37!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 16:44

I've wondered that myself about some older rock stars.

There was a picture of Springsteen in RS at the beach a few months ago, and man, he is built. No loose skin, just a great physique for 61.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was on HGH at least to keep his back and joints healthy. It's not exactly like steroids, it doesn't pump up your muscles the same way.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 13, 2011 19:13

yorkey
Does this face look like it's been to the fountain of youth?

For a mere $200,000,000* anyone can look this good?

*the estimated difference between Keith's and Micks' net worth

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 13, 2011 19:27

you want to see the effects of steroids and surgery look at Mickey Rourke, Stallone and Arnold.

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:04

Rip This
you want to see the effects of steroids and surgery look at Mickey Rourke, Stallone and Arnold.

There's a difference between taking a bodybuilding dose of steroids and an anti-aging dose though.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 14, 2011 13:20

Strangely I remember at the time Jagger turned 50, he said something odd to the effect, that the muscles suddenly appear when one turns 50...(this was noticed at the time). I just thought that the guy had just trained more, but it could be the case that the use of certain hormons might have a role there, too. In the early 90's the hormons (EPO, etc.) were the latest thing in the athlete doping business technology (ask Norwegian cross-field skiers), so healthy-freak Jagger might have had his share of the stuff too... I wouldn't wonder if him, in order to repair himself physically for a long tour, is ready to use any trick (back in the old days, a bit of coke was all that was needed to get the engine going,but in these more professional, serious days, supposedly the cures and means are stronger...). In fact, at least already in the 1981/82 the band used a lot medical consulting and stuff prior the tour to avoid the flus, etc.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 13:26 by Doxa.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 14, 2011 13:34

Ahh come on they just don't need to get up 6.30 in the morning like a lot of the "salt of the earth" must do. And THAT'S what keeping 'em fresh. Thank God I don't need that either. Really that's what makes you look young. Yesterday a 21-year old girl told me I looked 15 years younger than I was. I told her, don't smoke, make sure you don't come too much, don't drink more than 12 cl booze mon-wed and sleep in as many mornings that you can. And Don't Worry no more about no nothing. Good advice= Wake up to Gimme Some Neck every morning (or more correct, every afternoon). Best breakfast (don't forget to eat breakfast) record ever!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2011 13:41

make sure you don't come too much

......... now that's a hard one ....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home