Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards And Ronnie Wood Jamming - Tuning Room
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 20, 2017 13:25

I love this. Pretty sharp and exciting.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-20 13:27 by hopkins.

Re: Keith Richards And Ronnie Wood Jamming - Tuning Room
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 20, 2017 13:48

Yeah thanks hopkins, as Keith said at the time, "on our own me and Ronnie are pretty lousy, but together we're better than ten others" .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-20 13:49 by stone4ever.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 20, 2017 18:59

Remember seeing it ages ago: great stuff!

What was it? Licks?

C

p.s. Of course this video is propaganda set up by Jane Rose to support the "wave" myth. It's clearly staged, the music is overdubbed, all guitars are played by Pierre and/or Ry Cooder. The won't fool us! Everybody here know that Keith and Ronnie "lost it ages ago" and can't play anymore ...

Date: March 20, 2017 20:09

liddas

What was it? Licks?

C

p.s. Of course this video is propaganda set up by Jane Rose to support the "wave" myth. It's clearly staged, the music is overdubbed, all guitars are played by Pierre and/or Ry Cooder. The won't fool us! Everybody here know that Keith and Ronnie "lost it ages ago" and can't play anymore ...

I thought this was around the 97' 98' period, No Security possibly.
I didn't realize this was overdubbed, shocked to hear that Liddas, what makes you think its overdubbed ?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 21, 2017 03:45

This is so beautiful to me. It's like the genesis of everything really great in music. Two guys, or even one guy sometime, but two guys with acoustics just jamming off each other in a familiar progression; trading licks and rhythms; these guys being so natural at this; it's almost so much more apparent than in actual gigs sometimes, when the distance and spectacle and program demands are a totally different dynamic. Tho they have breeched that distance often enough over he years, with all three co-guitarists, that we have that solid groovy stuttered perfect wobbly swinging rolling thing often enough to know what we need and love....and here just almost casusally; like that country honk thing backstage from ole ole movie, where it's just m and k with one guitar totally tearing the ass off of country honk with so much soul...this is kind of like the geetar version of that for me...
...i like how at one point Keith just meanders to right hand picking right on or next to the bridge, just to get a sharper crisper popping bassy sound out of the strings...he just does it for a few seconds but i got a thrill out of it. he's just playing as much as the neck up and down as he can somewhere along the way just sprawled out on the couch with prohably 60,000 people outside waiting with a whole lot of excitement keying up....
...i get a big kick out of these more natural back stage or rehearsal moments whenb we can get them.

Date: March 21, 2017 11:02

stone4ever
liddas

What was it? Licks?

C

I didn't realize this was overdubbed, shocked to hear that Liddas, what makes you think its overdubbed ?

Just a joke!

C

Date: March 21, 2017 11:03

hopkins
This is so beautiful to me. It's like the genesis of everything really great in music. Two guys, or even one guy sometime, but two guys with acoustics just jamming off each other in a familiar progression; trading licks and rhythms; these guys being so natural at this; it's almost so much more apparent than in actual gigs sometimes, when the distance and spectacle and program demands are a totally different dynamic. Tho they have breeched that distance often enough over he years, with all three co-guitarists, that we have that solid groovy stuttered perfect wobbly swinging rolling thing often enough to know what we need and love....and here just almost casusally; like that country honk thing backstage from ole ole movie, where it's just m and k with one guitar totally tearing the ass off of country honk with so much soul...this is kind of like the geetar version of that for me...
...i like how at one point Keith just meanders to right hand picking right on or next to the bridge, just to get a sharper crisper popping bassy sound out of the strings...he just does it for a few seconds but i got a thrill out of it. he's just playing as much as the neck up and down as he can somewhere along the way just sprawled out on the couch with prohably 60,000 people outside waiting with a whole lot of excitement keying up....
...i get a big kick out of these more natural back stage or rehearsal moments whenb we can get them.

So true!

And may I add that if one listens carefully, there are similar moments also on the big stages!

C

Date: March 21, 2017 11:51

liddas
stone4ever
liddas

What was it? Licks?

C

Just a joke!

C

«The wave». That was a new one grinning smiley

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 21, 2017 12:25

Chicago april 12th 1999-

Date: March 21, 2017 13:52

liddas
stone4ever
liddas

What was it? Licks?

C

Just a joke!

C

Haha good one, i was humouring you, thought perhaps you needed help lol

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: March 21, 2017 14:00

hopkins
I love this. Pretty sharp and exciting.
[www.youtube.com]
Cool!!

..and out on stage Sure the one you need

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home