Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Jagger: "I don't know if I'll join Keith anymore".
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 7, 2011 23:05

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
thabo
johnnyjolene
I think, this is Mick's way to @#$%& with Keith. He want's to Keith regret his book. Mick knows, these statements are prodably driving Keith crazy.

No it makes Keith happy because it is Keith that wants to stop the Stones simply because...what's he going to do? He can't play the guitar any more, but he doesn't want to go down in the books as the riff master who lost his mojo, so he wants Mick to pull the plug so he can blame Mick for the end of the Stones. The last thing Keith wants is to admit the facts and step down, the last thing Keith wants is to see Jagger, Watts, Woody, Taylor (and Wyman) tp come together and make a damn good Stones album without him. Keith is a little child hence his remarks in his book all serving the cause of making it look that it is Mick that pulls the plug.

Come on! Do you really believe that? Well, time will tell...

I think there may be merit to that school of thought. I actually believe Keith may have a hard time playing now. Maybe in the studio not as much of a problem, but live would be a whole other can of worms.

And that's why he deliberately wants to fvck up the Stones? That's stretching it way too far, imo.

He got some good reviews on his playing with Tom Waits now. Let's see if the old geezer can surprise us a bit...

Well I would prefer if you were right of course. I just think that if he actually can't play anymore, the 'passive-aggressive' approach would be an effective one, and leave the blame with MJ. I'm not saying that is what is happening, I just think the argument has merit.

it has enough merit to warrant a conviction on circumstantial evidence alone. at least here in the great state of texas....

Re: Jagger: "I don't know if I will work with Keith ".
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 8, 2011 02:15

WilliamPatrickMaynard
one thing for certain is that SOME GIRLS is not getting as big a push as EXILE.

KR does not deal with the Stones, he occupied with his brand "Keith Richards". Mick did all the work, and KR rested on his laurels and poured dirt on Mick in the press Perhaps Jagger got tired of it and decided to do nothing for SG promotion. This is very disappointing. Some Girls is one of Jagger's favorite albums, "his" album, I think he would be pleased to talk about it and to see the success equal to reissue of Exile last year
Have you noticed an odd coincidence - since the KR's book came out , the Rolling Stones became the forbidden subject in any interviews with Mick, Charlie and Ron.
Boy, Keith fvcked this band for real

Date: October 8, 2011 02:28

Keith did session work for EXILE and took part in the documentary and did tons of press, TV, and radio interviews.

Mick is not going to be too pissed to promote SOME GIRLS. The promotion is what Universal doles out and will be based on the anticipated sales and sales for EXILE. Had EXILE tanked, it wouldn't have happened. There's a contract to exploit the back catalog. Relations with Mick and Keith are not a factor in this instance - a tour or new album might be another matter.

I'm sure Mick will be doing press for SOME GIRLS. All I said was Universal isn't spending as much to push it. That's not a Keith situation, it's sales forecasting driving marketing.

Have you noticed an odd coincidence - whenever they aren't ready to announce a tour or other plans and are promoting solo projects, they try to downplay questions about the band?

The only valid point is the obvious one - Mick doesn't want to discuss Keith's statement about him. Why would he?

Yes, I think it was a cheap shot to sell books. Yes, it worked. Yes, Keith's sniping at Mick publicly does more harm than good. Yes, Mick is quite likely fed up with him for it.

That said, I don't think UMG yanked the promotional budget for SOME GIRLS as a result. If things were as doom-laden as you think, we wouldn't have a CD and DVD around the corner.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 8, 2011 02:52

whenever they aren't ready to announce a tour or other plans and are promoting solo projects, they try to downplay questions about the band?

Not at all. Check out Jagger's interviews during the promotion of the Goddess, or Best of Mick Jagger or Enigma - he's happily talking about the Stones, because he knows what to say. He does not want to say a lot maybe , but still he knows what to say. Now - Mick really does not know what to say. I can post some Watts interviews from previous tours - he has no problem to talk about Stones
The band is falling apart before our eyes - and I think that's the main reason for the absence of any promotion for Some Girls.

If there could be some sort of opportunity to Stones to work together - Richards would not record his solo album. He wrote a book, Jagger made ??Super Heavy 1/1. But KR does not want to work with the Stones - J.Rose tells him that he would be much better without Jagger.Everybody love and respect him, the book was praised to the skies.
Richards saw how the critics smashed Mick's project and then returned to the studio to work on his solo album.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-08 03:06 by proudmary.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 8, 2011 04:54

.....Jagger is a master manipulator of the press...he's one of the best at controlling the message...if he wanted to hint or declare that he wasn't going to work with Keith anymore i don't think he'd do it with an obscure article in Spain....I think he'd do it in a major English or US publication...so all this speculation does is create theatre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-08 05:16 by Rip This.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2011 16:42

StonesTod
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
thabo
johnnyjolene
I think, this is Mick's way to @#$%& with Keith. He want's to Keith regret his book. Mick knows, these statements are prodably driving Keith crazy.

No it makes Keith happy because it is Keith that wants to stop the Stones simply because...what's he going to do? He can't play the guitar any more, but he doesn't want to go down in the books as the riff master who lost his mojo, so he wants Mick to pull the plug so he can blame Mick for the end of the Stones. The last thing Keith wants is to admit the facts and step down, the last thing Keith wants is to see Jagger, Watts, Woody, Taylor (and Wyman) tp come together and make a damn good Stones album without him. Keith is a little child hence his remarks in his book all serving the cause of making it look that it is Mick that pulls the plug.

Come on! Do you really believe that? Well, time will tell...

I think there may be merit to that school of thought. I actually believe Keith may have a hard time playing now. Maybe in the studio not as much of a problem, but live would be a whole other can of worms.

And that's why he deliberately wants to fvck up the Stones? That's stretching it way too far, imo.

He got some good reviews on his playing with Tom Waits now. Let's see if the old geezer can surprise us a bit...

Well I would prefer if you were right of course. I just think that if he actually can't play anymore, the 'passive-aggressive' approach would be an effective one, and leave the blame with MJ. I'm not saying that is what is happening, I just think the argument has merit.

it has enough merit to warrant a conviction on circumstantial evidence alone. at least here in the great state of texas....

So can death by lethal injection be too far behind? How ironic, given that was the supposed mode of death for KR for so long only to actually happen AFTER he kicks the habit!

Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: October 9, 2011 01:01

Well one for speculations:

If you look at the video for Miracle Worker there is a scene (around 3:40) that actually points to the video for Waiting on a Friend. But what to put into this I don't know - I am just certain it is there for a reason.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 9, 2011 02:39

Keith wants nothing more than to work with the Stones. Obviously he sees his book in a different light than some of you, telling it like it is the way he sees it (yes, for posterity) but it is never his intent to divorce Mick Jagger.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: October 9, 2011 02:46

Considering all the criticism that Keith has heaped on Mick over the years, has anyone efvey heard Mick say a bad thing about Keith in public. I can't recall anything said by Mick that is even close to the shit Keith has said. Mick's always kept quite. Is somewhat revealing also that Mick admitted to writing a number of songs and working with Charile.

In my opinion, Mick is probably had enough of Keith's public criticism. I doubt if there will be anything really major coming out the Rolling Stones anymore. They will do something for their annversery and continue to release some old jems.

Charlie has his jazz band and he seems to be happy doing that, he's certainly not doing for the money so he must be financially OK. Ronnie has a radio program in Europe I understand and he becoming something of a rather successful marketed artist. He seems happy and Mick is working on SUperHeavy and movies. Those three have all taken their Stones fame and turned into activites that are making them personally happy.

Keith wrote a book and it did very well,so is he going to write another. Why would you be so critical of the one person who really held the band together when Keith was in such bad shape with drugs. I just don't understand the logic there. I thnk Keith screwed himself and the band.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: October 9, 2011 02:51

TeddyB1018
Keith wants nothing more than to work with the Stones. Obviously he sees his book in a different light than some of you, telling it like it is the way he sees it (yes, for posterity) but it is never his intent to divorce Mick Jagger.

Keith may be working on solo material right now but IMHO it will evolve into a Stones project.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:23

WilliamPatrickMaynard
thabo
[No it isn't because in Keith's view the Stones is his band, meaning that he doesn't have a life beyond the Stones, he would be nothing without the Stones, so in his view if he can't join in anymore than they shouldn't play on either.

You are missing legal considerations of whether they could do so if it was the case.

The whole idea that the Stones might be remembered by a great last album that doesn't nclude his highness is a no go area in his psychi.

His psyche has nothing to do with it. This isn't even a possibility outside of your own speculation unless Keith dies or quits.

Like I indicated Taylor played with Jagger on Plundered My Soul, Taylor plays with Wyman, Woody and Watts, Jagger also plays with Watts. Where is Keith in this whole thing?????

Taylor doing session work for an EXILE outtake is not the same as sitting in on Ben Waters' gig or Stephen Dale Petit's gig with Woody. Where was Keith? Same place as Jagger as far as Ben Waters or Stephen Dale Petit was concerned - it wasn't something they cared enough to show up for. As for Taylor's session work for EXILE, Keith also did overdubs for it so no real point that I can see.

Keith doesn't want Taylor, yet Jagger and Woody etc does, but NOT with Keith.

Where do you get Keith rejecting Taylor from? His sentiments in December 1974? Jagger wants Taylor in as much as it made a single track sound authentic. He hasn't invited him back in the band. Woody has always been friendly with Taylor and has played with him more than any of the others over the past 35 years and that isn't really saying much.

Wyman wants to play but only on the condition that Keith isn't there,

Where did this come from? No interview I have ever read.

Jagger is very clear here also.

Jagger is pissed at Keith it appears. He hasn't said anything about replacing him or carrying on without him. He allegedly said (from a source that was not recorded and whose reliability is questionable) that he might not tour and might not write and record with him. If true, then we're still looking at finishing SOME GIRLS outtakes and likely playing some shows next year. That's all we can reasonably expect since there is no contractual obligation to make an album and no deal for a tour in place. No surprises there.

And even Woody's close companionship with Taylor gives off a clear sign where things stand as far as he is concerned.

Woody's close companionship is the same as in the mid-seventies when they played sessions together, in the mid-eighties when Woody booked him at his club in Miami, etc. He likes him and respects his playing. They play together when they synch up. Nothing big. From that analysis what does Ronnie doing session work for Keith's album just a few weeks ago tell you?

True, Keith's riffs have been the signpost of the Stones sound in the late 60's and 70's,

Try signpost of the Stones sound from the beginning through A BIGGER BANG and you'll be more accurate.

however there is no reason at all that the Stones could'nt develop a new sound, you don't have to be 20 for it, just look at Jagger and Woody's recent activities to see that new things can be and will be developed. And with some great guest musicians on horns and keyboards ANYTHING is possible.

Mick doing SuperHeavy is hardly an indicator of where the Stones are headed musically. Charlie is 70 already and Mick is two years behind. Get a grip. SuperHeavy is a gimmick. A nice gimmick that might help break new territory for Mick and, by extension, the Stones (the "big picture" Mick referred to was the Far East market) but the Stones are not about to reinvent themselves this late in the game. They can't even do so legally if they wanted to and Mick certainly wouldn't risk alienating audiences even if he could do so. This is utter fantasy, but stick around there are a few others who will share your vision even if it has zero chance of becoming reality. Let me know when you think it's a good idea to let Darryl write and sing with the Stones. Finally, regarding Keith's current ability, while road work has yet to be proven (same as Mick who also hasn't done a concert in just as long), he's obviously doing fine in the studio based on the fact that he's diligently working on a solo album that people who have heard it consider vintage Keith (as in Stones signature sound and not just late 60s and seventies vintage). Wait and see on that point.

What kind of crap is that anyway? "Keith doesn't want Taylor, yet Jagger and Woody etc does, but NOT with Keith" and "Wyman wants to play but only on the condition that Keith isn't there," ? Is that even in this thread?

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:29

proudmary
WilliamPatrickMaynard
one thing for certain is that SOME GIRLS is not getting as big a push as EXILE.

KR does not deal with the Stones, he occupied with his brand "Keith Richards". Mick did all the work, and KR rested on his laurels and poured dirt on Mick in the press Perhaps Jagger got tired of it and decided to do nothing for SG promotion. This is very disappointing. Some Girls is one of Jagger's favorite albums, "his" album, I think he would be pleased to talk about it and to see the success equal to reissue of Exile last year
Have you noticed an odd coincidence - since the KR's book came out , the Rolling Stones became the forbidden subject in any interviews with Mick, Charlie and Ron.
Boy, Keith fvcked this band for real

Yeah, it's all over until they hit the stage next summer. A new album certainly no later than 2013 maybe even in 2012.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:33

No later than 2013 or even 2012?

This has gotten stupid. What if it is later than that? Then it would be later. What if it's never? Then it will always be later.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: October 9, 2011 05:01

DragonSky
No later than 2013 or even 2012?

This has gotten stupid. What if it is later than that? Then it would be later. What if it's never? Then it will always be later.

The Rolling Stones will release a new album of all new songs in either 2012 or 2013.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2551
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home