Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beyond The New TEXAS 78 DVD. SO What other shows from 75/76/81/82/89/etc. should be coming out?
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: September 28, 2011 12:15

We now have (on DVD) -

GIMME SHELTER (1969 Tour) plus all the extra unreleased songs on 2 different discs (CAROL, LITTLE QUEENIE, PRODIGAL SON, YOU GOTTA MOVE, UNDER MY THUMB, I'M FREE, SATISFACTION (Vs. II)

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (1972 Tour)

LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER (1981 Tour)

1989 IMAX TOUR (European 1990)

1994 MIAMI PAY-PER-VIEW - (highly edited)

So what's left that could be put out next year and after?

Here's the one's I know about or own -

1975/76

ENTIRE LA FORUM SHOW (7/1975) Not the best night. They did 5 shows at the Forum. The last night was PERFECT. This also suffers from major vocal mix problems.

PARIS SHOW 1976 - not complete Includes BLACK AND BLUE songs which 1975 did not have. Have a bootleg video. Not a knock out but pretty good

KNEBWORTH SHOW 1976 OUTSIDE LONDON The longest show the Stones ever played. I have a few songs on boot Video. IMHO the best concert from this period. GREAT set list, Very Good mix, Jagger's in good performance mood......

You get my drift, what else is out there from EUROPE 1973 and beyond that you think they's be putting on DVD or at least high quality CD BOX SETS ?

HAMPTON ROADS VIRGINIA and SEATTLE - 1981 MUCH BETTER than HAL ASBEY'S MESS (LSTNT)....

Let's Make the COMPLETE ULTIMATE list my peeps - LET IT ROCK !!!

Re: Beyond The New TEXAS 78 DVD. SO What other shows from 75/76/81/82/89/etc. should be coming out?
Date: September 28, 2011 12:23

CrissCrossMind
We now have (on DVD) -

GIMME SHELTER (1969 Tour) plus all the extra unreleased songs on 2 different discs (CAROL, LITTLE QUEENIE, PRODIGAL SON, YOU GOTTA MOVE, UNDER MY THUMB, I'M FREE, SATISFACTION (Vs. II)

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (1972 Tour)

LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER (1981 Tour)

1989 IMAX TOUR (European 1990)

1994 MIAMI PAY-PER-VIEW - (highly edited)

So what's left that could be put out next year and after?

Here's the one's I know about or own -

1975/76

ENTIRE LA FORUM SHOW (7/1975) Not the best night. They did 5 shows at the Forum. The last night was PERFECT. This also suffers from major vocal mix problems.

PARIS SHOW 1976 - not complete Includes BLACK AND BLUE songs which 1975 did not have. Have a bootleg video. Not a knock out but pretty good

KNEBWORTH SHOW 1976 OUTSIDE LONDON The longest show the Stones ever played. I have a few songs on boot Video. IMHO the best concert from this period. GREAT set list, Very Good mix, Jagger's in good performance mood......

You get my drift, what else is out there from EUROPE 1973 and beyond that you think they's be putting on DVD or at least high quality CD BOX SETS ?

HAMPTON ROADS VIRGINIA and SEATTLE - 1981 MUCH BETTER than HAL ASBEY'S MESS (LSTNT)....

Let's Make the COMPLETE ULTIMATE list my peeps - LET IT ROCK !!!

The St. Louis show from 1997 is also released officially. Maybe the best show from the Vegas era, together with Atlantic City 1989, which should be released - same goes for Hampton 81, imo. + 4 Flicks and Biggest Bang, of course.

Seattle 1981 isn't too bad. Barcelona 1990 is ok. The Wembley 1982 show was filmed.

Of course, if they filmed El Mocambo and a 1973 show, those would be more than welcomed releases.

Also, a REAL live show from the 60s would be appreciated (TAMI is great, but I want a longer show).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-28 12:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: Beyond The New TEXAS 78 DVD. SO What other shows from 75/76/81/82/89/etc. should be coming out?
Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: September 28, 2011 12:54

I know there's bits from Gimme Shelter, but a full film of a '69 concert would be incredible. Was the entire Ya-Ya's filmed?

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 28, 2011 12:59

Hartford '81 would be great. There is a excellent sb mono boot. A release in stereo and a new mix ...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 28, 2011 13:02

Either the Paris or Knebworth shows from 1976 are the only contenders for a future release. It would of course be great to see Hampton get an official release but that is unlikely given that LSTNT already covers that tour (whatever the arguments about the song selection, quality of performance etc).

Date: September 28, 2011 13:05

yorkey
I know there's bits from Gimme Shelter, but a full film of a '69 concert would be incredible. Was the entire Ya-Ya's filmed?

Yeah, the best songs are M.I.A. on film -

STRAY CAT BLUES
SYMPATHY (MSG)
LIVE WITH ME
GIMME SHELTER
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
STREET FIGHTING MAN (Complete)
BROWN SUGAR (first time live - Altamont)

DandelionPowderman, YEAH, EL MOCAMBO would be great !!! Same with 1973 !!

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: September 28, 2011 13:11

CrissCrossMind

Yeah, the best songs are M.I.A. on film -

Sorry, but whats M.I.A.?

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: September 28, 2011 13:16

Missing In Action?

Date: September 28, 2011 13:26

Yeah, MISSING IN ACTION....

Here's the ENTIRE Altamont show/concert (sound only) Jagger is just ON FIRE during STRAY CAT BLUES and BROWN SUGAR is really interesting for a first time live.....

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 28, 2011 14:45

They've filmed every thing since 81 I believe. But it's the ones we don't know about I'd be interested in. Most of the DVDs I have won't be improved by a official release, Ladies And Gentlemen being a case in point. The offical release was no better than the 4Reels DVD to me.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 28, 2011 15:03

>ENTIRE LA FORUM SHOW (7/1975) Not the best night. They did 5 shows at the Forum. The last night was PERFECT. This also suffers from major vocal mix problems.

I'm only aware of the 3rd night as having being filmed. The mix in a bootleg DVD isn't a significant issue as they wouldnt be relying on that. The LA shows were also recorded by the mobile unit for Love You Live. Ideal scenario - a DVD/2-CD combo comprising a cleaned up DVD of the 11th and a full show on audio of another night (say, the 13th)

>PARIS SHOW 1976 - not complete Includes BLACK AND BLUE songs which 1975 did not have. Have a bootleg video. Not a knock out but pretty good

All the Paris shows were filmed as far as I know (three of them were anyway), and there's a high quality complete version of one of them in circulation (6th June). All four were also recorded for inclusion on LYL. There would be no problem in getting material for a Paris '76 release, but I doubt it would be one where there would be much clamour for.

>KNEBWORTH SHOW 1976 OUTSIDE LONDON The longest show the Stones ever played. I have a few songs on boot Video. IMHO the best concert from this period. GREAT set list, Very Good mix, Jagger's in good performance mood......

The most songs they ever played, certainly but some shows have certainly been longer. I'm unconvinced that a full video recording exists. What circulates comes from a 55-minute raw footage video filmed for use on the BBC news. Saying that, there is another song (I think its 'Around & Around' which comes from another source, so you never know..). Again, not an era that would be much in demand commercially, but a full length version of this might be a better option than a Paris show in many regards - more commercial appeal, iconic status, interesting setlist, etc.

>You get my drift, what else is out there from EUROPE 1973 and beyond that you think they's be putting on DVD or at least high quality CD BOX SETS ?

We can largely only guess whats in their vaults, but I dont think its as much as what some people think. Especially on video. There was rarely much need for having several cameras at a concert filming shows in the days before they used video screens. They do however apparently have a video of one of the 4 shows from London '73 in the archives. That, to me, would be the most appealing video release - and again, they could thrown in a CD as a combo from the many KBFH/RTL recordings from that tour.

>HAMPTON ROADS VIRGINIA and SEATTLE - 1981 MUCH BETTER than HAL ASBEY'S MESS (LSTNT)....

Agreed. The most logical one would be Hampton - again, it has somewhat iconic status.

After 1982, I dont think there's the same demand or need for archive releases. Every major tour has had SOME official release soon after. No Security would be the exception - they filmed the last two shows at San Jose, but wer apparently dissatisfied with the results. If they WERE to going to put out an unedited full show from 1989 onwards, then my personal choices would be Tokyo 26/2/90 (Steel Wheels Tour), Rio 4/2/95 (Voodoo Lounge tour) and Buenos Aires 30/3/98 (BTB tour). Whilst other shows have been issued from these tours in edited form, none of these concerts - all filmed for TV broadcasts - have been officially released in any form. All three are great performances and visually quite spectacular.

Re - El Mocambo. It wasnt filmed. The CNIB shows in '79 were however (as news footage anyway - so its possible that more footage may survive)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-28 15:10 by Gazza.

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: September 28, 2011 15:30

The Double Door show would be a good one

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 28, 2011 15:36

Sure, release everything that's filmed in a huge DVD - Box Super De Super De Luxe...from 1963 - 2007 ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 28, 2011 16:59

I think they are only interested in releasing archival shows that were recorded in Texas. Keep that in mind.

How about Cotton Bowl 1981

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 28, 2011 21:41

Paradiso or Brixton 1995, for me.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: September 28, 2011 21:57

the 1995 club shows are a must. They are rotting in the vault; I would rather have those than anything from '81/'82. We all already have houston, seattle, hampton, LSTNT, and the other clips. The European leg of the voodoo lounge tour was the best of the modern stones; with the first 2 months of the licks tour being a close 2nd. But I'll take anything they give us.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 28, 2011 22:04

I´m hoping for shows that are not known in collector´s circles.
A stadium/arena/theater box from 1981/1982 for example.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 28, 2011 22:08

I'm hoping for Wembley Empire Pool 1973, but I think it's more likely that it'll be Paris 1976 or Hampton 1981

Posted by: varv ()
Date: September 28, 2011 22:14

I'd really like to see a properly mixed DVD of Ladies And Gentlemen,and a speed corrected version of Let's Spend The Night Together which was sped up to the point where it's unlistenable to me.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 28, 2011 22:47

varv
I'd really like to see a properly mixed DVD of Ladies And Gentlemen.

I am a little shocked at how lacking in dynamics L&GTRS sounds on my stereo surround system. Hell, it even has a quadrophonic soundtrack.

Also, a REAL live show from the 60s would be appreciated (TAMI is great, but I want a longer show). - Dandelion Powderman

Wouldn't a REAL live show from the 60s only constitute like 3 more songs than TAMI? It was 20 minutes and off the stage, if there wasn't a riot first that shortened the concert. It would be nice though to hear/see some things from 1967 when it sounded like they might have been experimenting a little on stage instead of just rote playing of the hits to audiences that couldn't hear them.

Was Leeds '71 filmed? I know the Stones have always released entire concerts, but I wish they would go about it like Led Zeppelin did, finding whatever they could and releasing it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 28, 2011 22:57

mjmjr
the 1995 club shows are a must. They are rotting in the vault; I would rather have those than anything from '81/'82. We all already have houston, seattle, hampton, LSTNT, and the other clips. The European leg of the voodoo lounge tour was the best of the modern stones; with the first 2 months of the licks tour being a close 2nd. But I'll take anything they give us.

Oh yes, absolutely. Bad oversight on my part! And, as far as I'm aware, a pro shot of the full Brixton gig was played at a fan convention in London in June 1999.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-28 22:58 by Gazza.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 28, 2011 23:04

Gazza
Oh yes, absolutely. Bad oversight on my part! And, as far as I'm aware, a pro shot of the full Brixton gig was played at a fan convention in London in June 1999.

Hi Gazza, I remember you mentioning the Edinburgh 1982 concert also being shown as PRO-shot, in a small venue in Scotland - the very same year. It's not a "holy grail" or anything; it's a fairly average 1982 performance; but it goes to show that there might be more footage in the vaults than we are aware of.
...if it really was PRO...and not just 2 "in house cameras" or so....

Date: September 28, 2011 23:41

I truly believe that by all the uploading and downloading of shows that goes on here is monitored by someone in the stones camp. People like falo, marko, laughingsam putting in countless hours remastering, Urban Steel, stonesmusikfan, kees, and everyone else who upload all of the stuff. Regardless of quality we all want it, I believe they see how we'll snap up this stuff regardless of how it sounds or looks, and this is why the vaults are suddenly starting to creak open. Hopefully, L&G and fort worth are just the beginning. Bring on the '95 club shows Mick!!!

And thanks to all the uploaders over the years, and tapers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-28 23:49 by mjmjr.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 29, 2011 01:57

LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER - is that out in the United States?

The Miami VOODOO LOUNGE is...well, I've never seen it anywhere on DVD in the US - and I have seen the St Louis BRIDGES TO BABYLON DVD.

All I see, constantly, are GIMME SHELTER, LADIES & GENTLEMEN, FOUR FLICKS and THE BIGGEST BANG, with the last one priced to where it's not even worth stealing. They're basically giving it away. GIMME SHELTER is expensive though.

STONES AT THE MAX is seen occasionally but I have no need to ever see it again. I'd like to have the VOODOO and BRIDGES because they both have some good performances on them and somehow I've never managed to get GIMME SHELTER.

Date: September 29, 2011 02:01

DragonSky
LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER - is that out in the United States?

yes for several years now

Date: September 29, 2011 02:04

It is? I had no idea. I've never seen it. How does it sound?

Date: September 29, 2011 02:05

I see Lions Gate released it in 2010.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: September 29, 2011 05:31

Come On
Sure, release everything that's filmed in a huge DVD - Box Super De Super De Luxe...from 1963 - 2007 ...
huge blu-ray box set 1963-1982 works for me lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home