Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: 1981 Tour: The Stones request American Cheese & Bologna
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 28, 2011 02:52

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 28, 2011 02:54

......Arrrrrr good come back there Maxeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Date: September 28, 2011 02:56

Rockman
......Arrrrrr good come back there Maxeeeeeeeee
grinning smiley

Date: September 28, 2011 05:26

.........Keef don't do cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese....

But does he do HEADCHEESE

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 28, 2011 05:28

....hey 21st ya memory seems ta be workin' fine

ROCKMAN

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: September 28, 2011 20:10

Rockman

Wild Doritos commercial:

]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 28, 2011 20:22

Just to inform the pompous "French is better" vibe of some comments here:

I love French food, especially in France, but an English friend (who lives in London) who visited me here in California—and liked the American food—told me she lived in France for three months. We had the following exchange:

ME: "You lived in France for 3 months? When I was recently in France for two weeks I didn't have one bad meal."

FRIEND: "When I lived in France for 3 months I didn't have one good meal. It was always some horrible piece of meat with some horrible sauce."

Incidentally, another quote: "I love Paris, but hate Parisians." — Keith Richards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-28 20:40 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 28, 2011 21:03

Here in Canada "American Cheese" doesn't meet the legal definition of cheese here, so we call it "Processed Cheese Product".

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Turdontherun ()
Date: September 28, 2011 21:04

I will probably be francophile only until I visit France. I have heard from several people that France is really something (a pain in the ass, that is). Myself, I love France and everything french! Especially Gitanes.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: September 28, 2011 22:33

When I hear those two ingredients I think Kids menu. Since the Stones started having Kids hang about then, It could very well be for them.

Date: September 28, 2011 22:52

jamesfdouglas
Here in Canada "American Cheese" doesn't meet the legal definition of cheese here, so we call it "Processed Cheese Product".

Agreed,
As I said above, that crap is NOT cheese....
they should call it yellow blurpit or something,
and I would love to track down, and kick his ass,
the jokester who decided to call it... what it is called... what a prank.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:15

Title5Take1
What's with all this food snobbery? American food can be great. And I know some four-star French chefs who'd agree with me (and one who has praised In N Out Burger to me because of its fresh ingredients). Julia Child loved McDonald's French fries.

four star chef's? Wow! So in a three-star system they've earned a fourth star! They sure must be good chefs!

I like to sleep in 6 star hotels.

Mathijs

Date: September 29, 2011 10:20

Max'sKansasCity
With that said, there is plenty of great American food... Kansas City strip steak, Maine lobser, Alaskan king crab, Kansas City barbeque, Chicago Pizza, New England Clam Chowder, Southern fried chicken, New Orlean Cajun...

This remind me of a promotional video I saw on a plane to the US some years ago. It was about the fabulous & famous top three American food inventions: Pizza, Hamburger and Budweiser beer.

Mathijs

Date: September 29, 2011 10:24

Mathijs
Max'sKansasCity
With that said, there is plenty of great American food... Kansas City strip steak, Maine lobser, Alaskan king crab, Kansas City barbeque, Chicago Pizza, New England Clam Chowder, Southern fried chicken, New Orlean Cajun...

This remind me of a promotional video I saw on a plane to the US some years ago. It was about the fabulous & famous top three American food inventions: Pizza, Hamburger and Budweiser beer.

Mathijs

What you posted makes no sense, but that is not unusual for you.

Date: September 29, 2011 12:44

Max'sKansasCity
Mathijs
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

Er...I have seen that documentary on a Delta Airlines plane from Amsterdam to Phladelphia. We where four of us, two if which are on this board as well.

So, what doesn't make sense, me or the documentary?

Mathijs

Posted by: electric-duane ()
Date: September 29, 2011 13:35

After living in Germany for ten years I find it quite funny has Europeans bash American food because the tend to assume American food is exclusively fast food, which is ironic because the only believe this due to the fact that fast food (ie. McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, etc.) has a presence in European countries, which means their products sell successfully. Then the Germans get all bent out of shape because Americans assume Germans only eat Sauerkraut and Bratwurst, when in actuality, the reasoning behind this is the same as the German reasoning behind American fast food.

I also find it funny that, according to the Europeans, American food, which is only fast food, is crap and they would never be caught dead in a fast food restaurant, but fast food in Europe is never fast because the restaurants are so crowded and the lines so long.

I love German food, but I also love American food.

Date: September 29, 2011 13:56

Mathijs
Max'sKansasCity
Mathijs
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

Er...I have seen that documentary on a Delta Airlines plane from Amsterdam to Phladelphia. We where four of us, two if which are on this board as well.

Mathijs

What doesn't make sense is how you quoted my post and then somehow related crappy Budweiser beer and pizza to great American food like Kansas City strip steak, Maine lobtser, Alaskan king crab... but I guess we should expect that out of a xenophobe like you who hates everything American.

Date: September 29, 2011 13:58

Maybe you should try not being such a constant hater Mathijs, maybe try making this a more mellow board.

Date: September 29, 2011 14:07

Title5Take1
Just to inform the pompous "French is better" vibe of some comments here:

I love French food, especially in France, but an English friend (who lives in London) who visited me here in California—and liked the American food—told me she lived in France for three months. We had the following exchange:

ME: "You lived in France for 3 months? When I was recently in France for two weeks I didn't have one bad meal."

FRIEND: "When I lived in France for 3 months I didn't have one good meal. It was always some horrible piece of meat with some horrible sauce."

Incidentally, another quote: "I love Paris, but hate Parisians." — Keith Richards

When you eat burgers or spare ribs every day, everything else will eventually taste like shite winking smiley

Date: September 29, 2011 14:10

And.... another "bait thread" on IORR works exactly as planned.

American cheese... gimme a fkn break...

Posted by: hummingbird ()
Date: September 29, 2011 14:16

SwayStones
uhbuhgullayew

It was reported that a French journalist quipped: "That's what happens when a Frenchman has to eat American food."grinning smiley

See, we have stupid journalists over here too tongue sticking out smiley

Can't believe it smiling smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 29, 2011 14:22

I wonder what they requested on the famous 1792 tour?

Date: September 29, 2011 14:37

Silver Dagger
I wonder what they requested on the famous 1792 tour?

raw meat

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 29, 2011 14:49

No doubt they also ordered a hot plate and lot's of butter so they could make up some Fried Bologna sandwiches.

Mmmm...........nothing better..........heap the butter on..........Fried Bologna sandwich..........

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 29, 2011 14:55

"some dry French red wine"

Yeah but many bottles per guitarist? Five? Ten? grinning smiley

Date: September 29, 2011 16:38

Max'sKansasCity
Mathijs
Max'sKansasCity
Mathijs
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

Mathijs

What doesn't make sense is how you quoted my post and then somehow related crappy Budweiser beer and pizza to great American food like Kansas City strip steak, Maine lobtser, Alaskan king crab... but I guess we should expect that out of a xenophobe like you who hates everything American.

Because everything you mention -except maybe Cajun- is not typically American in any way. Strip steak, lobster, crab: there's nothing American about that. What makes it American, or French, or German or whatever, is how you prepare and cook it, what spices you use and how you present the dish.

It's quite funny though how American's always feel threatened when there is some criticism from abroad. Within a minute you're called a xenophobe -even though I have lived outside of Europe for two years, work for an American company and travel to 25 countries yearly professionaly.

85% of the Americans do not have a passport and never travel outside their own state. Isn't that a bit xenophobic?

Mathijs

Date: September 29, 2011 16:45

electric-duane
After living in Germany for ten years I find it quite funny has Europeans bash American food because the tend to assume American food is exclusively fast food, which is ironic because the only believe this due to the fact that fast food (ie. McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, etc.) has a presence in European countries, which means their products sell successfully. Then the Germans get all bent out of shape because Americans assume Germans only eat Sauerkraut and Bratwurst, when in actuality, the reasoning behind this is the same as the German reasoning behind American fast food.

I also find it funny that, according to the Europeans, American food, which is only fast food, is crap and they would never be caught dead in a fast food restaurant, but fast food in Europe is never fast because the restaurants are so crowded and the lines so long.

I love German food, but I also love American food.

Europeans aren't that stupid -I mean many have visited the US one time or another. We know there's more than burgers. My problem with American food was that I found it very hard to eat a bit healthy. Vegetables where hard to find, portions where double or triple to what I am used to, and about all food is always smutthered in cheese, butter or gravy of some kind. Example: in Houston there's some fantastic taco restaurant, but you have to ask when ordering to cut down the cheese with 300% or else my veins clog right on the spot.

Mathijs

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 29, 2011 17:40

Ya'll haven't eaten until you've had Cajun/Creole food.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 29, 2011 20:03

You have to ask to cut the cheese?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 29, 2011 20:34

jamesfdouglas
You have to ask to cut the cheese?

You just do it and pretend it wasn't you.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1342
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home