Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Jones
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 24, 2011 18:47

There's photos of Mick with Andy from 1965/66.

If the photographer says it's Brian, he may simply be mistaken. It's easy to see why people might think it's Brian.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 24, 2011 18:52

I thought I remember reading about Brian handing out at Warhol's in the mid-60s, perhaps before the other Stones. I thought I read it in that Mojo special on Brian many years back. Isn't that where he supposedly met Frank Zappa and burped in his face?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 24, 2011 19:06

His Majesty
When exactly was the photo taken? The nose doesn't look like Brians and a date would help too because the hair seems unlike Brians was during 1966.

November 1965, it seems - not 1966 after all
[nymag.com]

Date: September 24, 2011 19:09

Erik_Snow
His Majesty
When exactly was the photo taken? The nose doesn't look like Brians and a date would help too because the hair seems unlike Brians was during 1966.

[nymag.com]

His hair wasn't so long at back in late 65 either.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 24, 2011 19:43

one of the funniest threads ever on IORR, and the OP did not have to say a word.

Date: September 24, 2011 19:50

yeah, hilarious.

Date: September 24, 2011 19:51

No way it's Brian. Glad Cindy finally pointed out the nose;

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 24, 2011 19:52

Max'sKansasCity
one of the funniest threads ever on IORR, and the OP did not have to say a word.

Maybe he was implying that it's a different "Jones" (Davy? Paul? Tom?).

Date: September 24, 2011 20:05

His Majesty
Erik_Snow
His Majesty

[nymag.com]

His hair wasn't so long at back in late 65 either.

I guess we could conclude with; that Brian got a quick hair extention, at the same time as doing a nose and chin operation - just in time for the opening party of Paraphernalia
It must had been done in a hurry, since Rolling Stones were touring Northern America the entire month

Date: September 24, 2011 20:10

Erik_Snow

I guess we could conclude with; that Brian got a quick hair extention, at the same time as doing a nose and chin operation - just in time for the opening party of Paraphernalia
It must had been done in a hurry, since Rolling Stones were touring Northern America the entire month

grinning smiley

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: September 24, 2011 20:35

Warhol and a very dapper Rolling Stone (with Pete Townshend looking in) at a Madison Ave. launch party, captured on film by Nat Finkelstein and now available as a limited-edition signed print.

That doesn't look like a "young" Pete Townshend outside the window in the center either.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: September 24, 2011 20:40

Sam Spade
Warhol and a very dapper Rolling Stone (with Pete Townshend looking in) at a Madison Ave. launch party, captured on film by Nat Finkelstein and now available as a limited-edition signed print.

Ah -- that would raise the interest and price of the prints. Just sayin'....

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: September 24, 2011 20:48

I'm gonna check the "not Brian" box smiling smiley

Date: September 24, 2011 20:51

double post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-24 20:56 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 24, 2011 20:56

Glam Descendant
The punditry on dispay here is of parodic proportions.

>>The photographer perhaps is a bit hazy on the memories

You clearly don't get it: Finkelstein was documenting Warhol's activities during that period on a daily basis; he wasn't recalling events from some later date.

He was THERE -- were you?

[www.amazon.com]

Nobody is doubting that Finklestein was there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-24 21:57 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 24, 2011 21:06

"Brian disappeared late in 1965 when we were in mid-tour with the usual complaints of ill health and surfaced in New York, jamming with Bob Dylan, hanging with Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground, and doing acid..."
(Keith in Life)

Of course that doesn't mean the picture is him.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 24, 2011 22:36

In a Velvet Underground book, I saw a reference to Brian being at the party - it's not letting me take a screen capture, or even capture text, so you'll have to find it yourself - look for the chapter called "The Dom". (sorry, I don't know how to make the link smaller).

[books.google.com]

Anyway, it seems strange that there would be only one photo of him from that night, but I can't find one.

Date: September 24, 2011 22:57

Hi Cindy, so if he was at that party, then one should think that it would be Brian for sure....just so wierd that it doesn't look like him....

<<Brian disappeared late in 1965 when we were in mid-tour with the usual complaints of ill health and surfaced in New York, jamming with Bob Dylan, hanging with Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground, and doing acid...>>

I guess these photo comes from that same week then, or maybe some other week? At least it's from New York City 1965, at a concert of The Rascals

by Michael Ochs

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-24 23:10 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 24, 2011 23:33

Erik_Snow
Hi Cindy, so if he was at that party, then one should think that it would be Brian for sure....just so wierd that it doesn't look like him....

<<Brian disappeared late in 1965 when we were in mid-tour with the usual complaints of ill health and surfaced in New York, jamming with Bob Dylan, hanging with Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground, and doing acid...>>

I guess these photo comes from that same week then, or maybe some other week? At least it's from New York City 1965, at a concert of The Rascals

by Michael Ochs

Obviously this is Brian, but the bloke in the other photo certainly isn't.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 24, 2011 23:37

Thanks Erik for defending my honor.

One thing is sure about this thread -- Brian would be thrilled about ALL this attention. And, of course, CindyC "knowing" his nose. Brian was quite vain and that would be a major compliment!

Has no one mentioned how clean-cut and spiffy young Mr. Dylan looks in the photos?

Date: September 24, 2011 23:49

stonesrule
Thanks Erik for defending my honor.

Sorry for not defending your post on page 1, Stonesrule - but I do take your word for Finklestein being an OK person, of course, but I can't take the photographers word for the person in the photo being Brian Jones - as it simply doesn't look like him.

I noticed that mr. Finklestein passed away in 2009. Maybe this photo; as well some other photos of his, were published/made-available-for-sale after he had passed away? If so; it's not Finklestein's fault if there is some incorrect information concerning the photos.

What you say about this Brian-look-a-like being a "mr. Eric".....which isn't me by the way, - that could be a explanation; maybe even Finklestein mixed up the two of them; if they were both present at that boutique party.

Yes - Dylan surely looked a lot more healthy in 1965 than he did the following year. But I still wonder if those photos comes from November 1965 or if they were taken earlier that year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-24 23:55 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 25, 2011 07:34

From another angle. (Joke!)

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 26, 2011 17:25

First i thought its somebody else because of the nose, now it looks like Brian. The nose kinda looks like his. If so the rest whould be Brian Jones as well. Maybe he was scared of Keiths wrath and hid under the coat and wore a thick layer of make up.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 26, 2011 18:19

Awfull title of this thread"Jones" Why not Brian?

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:27

Brian never had a little Girly nose.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:42

That is not Brian Jones.

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: September 27, 2011 03:52

Honestly it doesn't even look like an actual person, I would swear it was a mannequin. Just the waxen face and odd posture seem odd to me.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:13

Great description LillithFlair! That's why I think the person in question was one of those young "actors" Andy was so fond of..."the waxen face."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:54

...some info of Paraphernalia show but no mention of Brian....[www.warholstars.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: September 27, 2011 13:19

Carnaby

First, I can't judge by the pic if it's Brian or not.
What I do know is that, regarding photos, the light sometimes really fools you.

The nose, I don't know.
But then the tear sac under his left eye looks very much like Brian. To me

What really makes me thinking is his coat. Seriously.
In an interview with Kate Moss she talked about the Stones and she stated
to own a coat that belonged to Brian in the sixties. She described that
coat in detail and it really fits to what Brian is wearing here.
I know, some million coats around in NYC. But that the coat in this pic very much looks like described by Kate must be a very rare coincidence.

Just my 2 cts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-27 13:34 by Phil Good.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home