Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
The vaults - and hopes for what may be released
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: March 27, 2014 07:54

Has anyone here ever seen/been in them? Physically or even a photo? Where are they? And does anybody know the bulk of its contents?

I wish they'd release hard copies of Leeds 82, all gear live from 69 thru 82 on dvd/blueray.

An official release of the Decca Unreleased Album would be great too. The three Garden shows from 69 complete on cd. Perth 73. Not too keen on this soft copy ITunes guff. What else am I missing? Is it true McCartney recorded the sole existing audio of the 100 Club show? Why am I asking so many questions?

Re: The vaults - and hopes for what may be released
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 27, 2014 12:43

OzHeavyThrobber

Is it true McCartney recorded the sole existing audio of the 100 Club show?

Yes, that's true.

Because it was a very special tribute night for Stu the Stones were, I am assuming, tight on the soundboard guys and made sure that no recordings leaked.

But if you read Keith Badman's book (The Beatles After The Breakup - 1970-2000) and look at the entry for that date you'll see that it is alleged that it *was* recorded. By Paul McCartney of all people!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: March 27, 2014 14:23

The 100 club shows, specially Stu´s, that would be the one

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 27, 2014 14:31

OzHeavyThrobber
Has anyone here ever seen/been in them? Physically or even a photo? Where are they? And does anybody know the bulk of its contents?

I wish they'd release hard copies of Leeds 82, all gear live from 69 thru 82 on dvd/blueray.

An official release of the Decca Unreleased Album would be great too. The three Garden shows from 69 complete on cd. Perth 73. Not too keen on this soft copy ITunes guff. What else am I missing? Is it true McCartney recorded the sole existing audio of the 100 Club show? Why am I asking so many questions?

Yeah there's a moment in the Being Mick special where he checks in on them.
Shitloads of multitracks. Makes one salivate and say "come to papa".

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:32

I'd love an audio release of the full Austin show that was featured on the Biggest Bang dvd. Keith doing Learning The Game was quite exquisite.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:58

geordiestone
I'd love an audio release of the full Austin show that was featured on the Biggest Bang dvd. Keith doing Learning The Game was quite exquisite.

You can easily turn the dvd audio into a cd or audio file of some type. It's not very hard.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:07

El Mocambo 1977. - Both shows unedited, uncut. This would be the absolute top for me!

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:08

I don't know how to do that but that would be great, although i'd like the full show.

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:30

All show from 1969 onward were recorded by The Stones themselves, ALL of them.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:50

radio city music hall from march 2006 on dvd (pro shot) is on my wish list

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:21

I wonder what kind of sales they got from the Vaults stuff they sold online? Would probably influence any other releases. Do they sell well? In comparison to , say, Dylan's Bootleg Series, even the Texas DVD, how did it do?
john

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:36

Olympia 95 !!!

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: March 27, 2014 23:50

"Yeah there's a moment in the Being Mick special where he checks in on them.
Shitloads of multitracks. Makes one salivate and say "come to papa"."

Really Andrew? Crickey. I'll have to watch Being Mick again. Can't believe I either missed it when seeing it way back when or had forgotten.
Hahaha love the "come to papa". I'm guessing then that they're in London (the vaults I mean).

And thanks Captain so it appears Sir Paul did record the show for Stu. I don't know why they wouldn't release it. I can't believe it's due to sentimentality. They played to half a mill for Brian and released most of the show (and yes I know it was planned anyway prior to his death but still).

I think if they sold a lot of this stuff online it would in time pay for itself. Physical copies I understand nowadays are a whole different ball game but if they toured along side one of these releases ala the 69 Garden shows they'd probably moved a few hundred thousand. I dunno.

Nobody here, past roadies, anyone, ever been to them then?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 28, 2014 00:31

NEWMAN
All show from 1969 onward were recorded by The Stones themselves, ALL of them.

All of them from 62 until 82 ...

Posted by: douwew ()
Date: March 28, 2014 00:38

Utrecht vredenbug li cks tour!!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 28, 2014 03:10

I remember the scene in Being Mick. My jaw dropped at the time. Really hoping they just release the mother load sometime.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: March 28, 2014 11:47

Decca era mono/stereo plus disc of bonus tracks for each.
BBC Radio complete survivng sessions with Bill's Radio Luxembourg acetate.
3 2cd sets of Brian era live shows.
Metamorphosis with all the other Jagger/Richard demos, yes even Shang a doo lang and Give Me Your Hand and Hold It Tight.
Booklets with tape box pics, detailed session notes and commentary from band members. No essays from wonkers like that Rolling Stone rag.
Further 2 cd set of early home tapes, Curly Clayton, IBC etc.
Rice Krispies jingle in 5.1
3 DVD set of all known TV/promo film footage with bonus Vox Teardrop guitar.
A proper 1962 to 1969 Recording Sessions book referencing Decca archive recording sheets, tape boxes etc.
However I assume this is completely out of the Stones hands and in the hands of Ron Decline's murky organisation who are not interested in polite enquiries and suggestions. Hell i've had emails and phone calls returned by Apple and they're generally about as communicative as Syd Barrett on a bad day.
I would quite happily do all of this for expenses. I'm cheap, obsessive and want to hold the best possible Stones releases in my hand. I'm also obviously completely deluded if i think any of this is gonna happen.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:06

Put every show they have on a website and let me people download what they want. Right now they're just sitting in a vault costing them money for storage. It's time to make some cash.

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:22

I wish they would release the rest of the songs recorded during the '40 Licks' sessions. Chuck Leavell has mention the songs were among some of the best. He loved the one Keith recorded. Called '180' as in a 180. I think that's the title. He mention they plan to release them at some point and time. It's been 10 years. Remember what John Paul Jones said about 5 years being 5 minutes in Zeppelin time. Maybe this is 10 minutes, Stones time.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:50

All what you're dreaming about is here:

Promotone B V - Storage in Greenford UB6 7DZ
Address:
Unit 4
Phoenix Trading Estate
Bilton Road
Greenford
Middlesex
UB6 7DZ
020 8998 5286

you can ring their bell and see what happens...

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:28

All of the past archive downloads have been pressed into silver discs by bootleg labels.

I would love to have ABKCO release full multitrack recordings from the 1969 U.S. tour. The Maysles Brothers have stated they recorded all the MSG shows and some of the others so lets have em! Also wonder how much more video footage is left from that tour in the vault.

I would also love to see the complete Altamont concert video as Charlotte Zwerin stated she saw a copy of it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:38

douwew
Utrecht vredenbug li cks tour!!

Same here...ranks at the top of my favorite Stones show right next to the first time I saw them in L.A. '81.

Here are a couple clips of the show (I see the back of my head several times at the foot of the stage in front of Mick winking smiley ):

Date: March 28, 2014 20:17

If the remaining stuff in the vaults is just half as good as the Some Girls bonus tracks we are going to be in for some real treats in the coming years.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:41

ThickerThanThieves
If the remaining stuff in the vaults is just half as good as the Some Girls bonus tracks we are going to be in for some real treats in the coming years.

smileys with beer

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:55

Dallas 1989 on Blu-ray. With that raw guitar sound.
Full show at MTV Ten-spot 1997 including songs before and after broadcast.
Private 2007 show for bankers.
Box set including rehearsals of songs not played in concert during 2012 & 2013 & 2014 plus LeTrabendo & Echoplex Show.

Posted by: nankered ()
Date: March 29, 2014 00:20

how much unreleased studio gear with brian remains unheard at this point?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 29, 2014 00:40

oldschool
All of the past archive downloads have been pressed into silver discs by bootleg labels.

I would love to have ABKCO release full multitrack recordings from the 1969 U.S. tour. The Maysles Brothers have stated they recorded all the MSG shows and some of the others so lets have em! Also wonder how much more video footage is left from that tour in the vault.

I would also love to see the complete Altamont concert video as Charlotte Zwerin stated she saw a copy of it.

I for one would love to have more of the 1969 shows, preferably the shows they did on the east coast (the Stones were well oiled). Anyway, many years ago, I was on vacation and went to the home of a fellow Stones trader (who shall remain nameless) who knows that I love the 69 shows and he played soundboard samples of MSG from 11/69. I pleaded with this guy to make me a copy and he wouldn't do it because he did not want this stuff circulating because he knew it would be traced back to him. I suspect that he knew someone high up in the Stones organization. So I know that this stuff is out there.

Date: March 29, 2014 07:07

Everything from the Goats Head Soup Jamaica '72 sessions.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 29, 2014 07:21

withaheadfullofsnow
Everything from the Goats Head Soup Jamaica '72 sessions.

That would be great. Plus Drift Away from IORR sessions, Traveling Man, Red Red Wine, etc. Live, I would like to hear anything properly recorded from '70 and '71 tours. Wood era the only thing that interests me would be the El Mocambo shows.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 29, 2014 07:48

Blu ray of a No Security show.
The Stripped outtakes.
Unrealeased studio recordings up till 1980
Proper B sides compilation.
Glastonbury on Blu Ray
Any Melbourne show from Rod Laver Arena (except night 3, 2003 there was a weird vibe on stage that night)
Enmore Theatre 2003 blu ray
Saitama blu ray
All 1969 US footage

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home