Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Mick Jagger BBC interview on BBC Breakfast TV Sept 16 - still tension in band
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:29

BBC Breakfast just screened an interview between Mick and BBC Breakfast host Charlie Stait.

Mick was obviously there to promote Super Heavy but at the end he was pressed to talk about the Stones and whether they would tour again.

He offered fans no hope of a tour and and when asked if the Stones would tour again he took a few seconds to answer before looking bemused and saying "perhaps".

Stait then mentioned the reported tension in the band and Mick said: 'people say that tension is a good thing - it's not really!'

Stait then asked if there was now harmony.

Mick: 'There's some tension and some harmony'.

Stait: 'Do you want to say anything more about that?'

Mick, snapping back: 'Nothing'.

So it looks as if Mick and Keith have not got over their spat.

I'm sure it will later be available be put up on the BBC site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-16 09:34 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Mick Jagger BBC interview on BBC Breakfast TV Sept 16 - still tension in band
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:39

Thanks for posting.

As fans, we're all going to look at these little stories and find what we want to find. If you want to look for the "they're on bad terms" angle...it's there. If you want to go with the "Mick is playing coy...he's just not letting on to the bigger plans" there's room for that too. The thing is...all these are just crumbs that we're working with here and no matter how many different ways Mick is going cringe, answer vaguely or make faces to any Stones tour...it leaves with nothing. All we can do is take this stuff with a grain of salt and just WAIT IT OUT.

Re: Mick Jagger BBC interview on BBC Breakfast TV Sept 16 - still tension in band
Posted by: novica ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:45

thanks Silver Dagger,
indeed, all we can do , as Justin said, is to wait.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:50

Oh my God, Mick and Keith both act like such caddy bitches sometimes. What sorority are they in?

Props to Mick, I suppose, for not slagging Keith by saying "he can't play anymore" or "he can't write anymore"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:53

I don't know if this was clever word play by Mick but he said there was tension in 'life'.

Date: September 16, 2011 09:58

sparks DO fly !

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:03

Justin
Thanks for posting.

As fans, we're all going to look at these little stories and find what we want to find. If you want to look for the "they're on bad terms" angle...it's there. If you want to go with the "Mick is playing coy...he's just not letting on to the bigger plans" there's room for that too. The thing is...all these are just crumbs that we're working with here and no matter how many different ways Mick is going cringe, answer vaguely or make faces to any Stones tour...it leaves with nothing. All we can do is take this stuff with a grain of salt and just WAIT IT OUT.

I would just add - and thank KR for this situation.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:04

Well, Mick and Keith are old men. My grannys are sometimes oddly as well.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:06

Just seen the interview and just about to post it but Silver Dagger beat me to it.Charlie Stait said it will be shown again with Mick talking about his own fitness.The show finishes at about 9.15 U.K.time.Did notice tht Mick was wearing the some shirt and the background was the same as in the piccy of Mick and Simon Mayo.Mick probably done a load of interviews that day 'cos I know another one coming up on Absolute Classic Rock.All much of the same thing though. smoking smiley

Date: September 16, 2011 11:43

Charlie Stait apologised for not showing the full interview,but said it will be available on the web.Undersandable this morning with news coming in about the 4 Welsh miners.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 16, 2011 12:38

Thanks for posting. It's look like a mess within Mick and Keith. Childish attitude....

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 16, 2011 12:52

Very childish and as usual business man Jagger don't care at all about the fans. Just releasing these new boxsets and making more money. It's now or never, no tour next year and it's all over.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 16, 2011 13:12

Silver Dagger
BBC Breakfast just screened an interview between Mick and BBC Breakfast host Charlie Stait.

Mick was obviously there to promote Super Heavy but at the end he was pressed to talk about the Stones and whether they would tour again.

He offered fans no hope of a tour and and when asked if the Stones would tour again he took a few seconds to answer before looking bemused and saying "perhaps".

Stait then mentioned the reported tension in the band and Mick said: 'people say that tension is a good thing - it's not really!'

OMG they are really good at PR. Talk about a golden oppurtunity. Keith slags Mick since Keith is Keith. The meeting last week or the week before was clearly the first step in the PR proceeding their last tour ever/concerts ever. Mick carries something, a copy of "Life"?, Keith looks tough and then Mick gives interviews. This is just one big countdown. They really have the chance to go out in a boom if they want to. Or continue with a next step in the ongoing "thing" that is the Rolling Stones. Ladies, this is good PR.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 13:15

Redhotcarpet
Silver Dagger

OMG they are really good at PR. Talk about a golden oppurtunity. Keith slags Mick since Keith is Keith. The meeting last week or the week before was clearly the first step in the PR proceeding their last tour ever/concerts ever. Mick carries something, a copy of "Life"?, Keith looks tough and then Mick gives interviews. This is just one big countdown. They really have the chance to go out in a boom if they want to. Or continue with a next step in the ongoing "thing" that is the Rolling Stones. Ladies, this is good PR.

Agree!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 16, 2011 13:20

Redhotcarpet
Ladies, this is good PR.

LOL! The art of wishful thinking!
Thanks, 'cause I'm having a hard time trying to see the sunny side of the bits and pieces
that come to us these days.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 16, 2011 13:46

We can speculate and spout all we want about tension between Mick and Keith and all the rest, but only they know what is and what isn't. All the focus on the todger issue says more about the speculators than anything else. I think Mick having a copy of Life with him at that meeting is a really weird idea - why on earth would he take that with him?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 16, 2011 13:52

I haven't seen the BBC interview but...It's all there.

<<<---Mick: 'There's some tension and some harmony' --->>

swings both ways, but the middle that counts now is:

>>Mick was obviously there to promote Super Heavy<<

how long will that last? I predict, not long!

Posted by: turd ()
Date: September 16, 2011 13:53

video: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 16, 2011 13:57

>>Stait then asked if there was now harmony.

Mick, snapping back: 'Nothing.

No doubt Mick was dreading being asked, 'How do you feel about Keith claiming you have an undersized penis?'

Date: September 16, 2011 14:07

Mick looks great.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 16, 2011 14:08

Thanks for the video, turd and thanks to Siver Dagger's good desciption it felt like I had seen the interview before.

leaves nothing tangibly to speculate about, but I'm sure some folks here will pull out the same old broken record.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 16, 2011 14:09

turd
video: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Thanks, it's always good to see the face together with the words. Especially the big grin after
his "Nothing!"

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: September 16, 2011 14:10

@turd
thanks for the video link.

mick looks great.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 16, 2011 14:10

Bliss

No doubt Mick was dreading being asked, 'How do you feel about Keith claiming you have an undersized penis?'

I think that some people on this board have bigger problem with Mick's penis than Mick himself. Do you think that 68-year-old guy after having shagged hundreds and hundreds of girls around the world throughout his entire life would be concerned if someone said that he has a small penis? Don't be silly. He's not a 15-year-old virgin schoolboy.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 16, 2011 14:12

Bliss

I think the BBC is a classier act than that (though plenty of interviewers aren't). Thank goodness Mick has had over forty years' experience of fielding awkward, silly, intrusive and embarrassing questions, and he isn't about to start washing the band's dirty linen in public now.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 16, 2011 14:12

Hmm, what will be will be I guess ...

Meanwhile, I'm just friggin' glad I was there at the O2 on Sunday 26th August 2007 !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: September 16, 2011 14:14

I'm quite sure there will be a giga Stones tour in 2012-2013.

Date: September 16, 2011 14:19

Stait said that the full interview would be on the web.During the show he mentioned that the full interview would include Mick talking about his fitness.Nothing in that clip.Hope it turns up as a continuation after Mick says ''Nothing'' .eye rolling smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 16, 2011 14:31

Recently there were some clips from the abb tour posted here, KR cannot play in an acceptable way anymore, he said that he does not play at home anymore and he is 67 years old. So I do not believe that there will be a tour, and no tour is better than a disaster

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 16, 2011 14:37

Yes I do think Mick would not like being confronted by that question. Apparently he was angry and hurt by Keith statements.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-16 14:38 by Bliss.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home