Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Some Girls Leftovers
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 11, 2011 18:01

This is an attempt at putting all/as many as possible of the leftover Some Girls session tracks that were leaked in one place here. Hopefully they are from the SG sessions! Also to try to guess which ones Mick finished, if they are indeed some of these tracks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-13 04:12 by DragonSky.

Re: Some Girls Leftovers
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 11, 2011 18:14

I remember way back in '81, prior to the release of Tattoo You (and I was a very new stones fan at the time), open speculation as to whether Fiji Jim (Gin) and Munich Hilton were going to be on Tattoo You.

It would be interesting to me from a historical perspective, to finally see these two released.

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: September 11, 2011 18:21

Nice collection!

I would also like to add 'Claudine' and the extended version of 'When The Whip Comes Down'

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 11, 2011 18:25

They CANT release 'Claudine'.

'Fiji Jim' had new vocals added in 1993 when it was reworked as a possible Voodoo Lounge b-side (they did the same with 'So Young', which WAS released)

Date: September 11, 2011 18:26

Well, Claudine was a ER track as far as I recall. Whip is on the album. Know of any other outtakes post 'em.

Date: September 11, 2011 18:33

DragonSky
Well, Claudine was a ER track as far as I recall. Whip is on the album. Know of any other outtakes post 'em.

Claudine is from the Paris 77/78 sessions, and couldn't be released in '78 due to legal issues concerning this lady Claudine, but after 33 years I think there is no legal problem anymore.

And yes, Whip is on the album, but it would be really nice to have that extended version also to be released.

During the Paris 77/78-sessions they recorded at least 50-55 songs, which are circulating on various bootlegs. Besides those 'known' tracks there must be a lot more unconfirmed tracks circulating....

I suggest a 10CD box instead of 10 (reworked) bonus songs

Date: September 11, 2011 18:40

Think it's possible So Young, the B-side version, will be on it? Never heard the original recording until today:

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 11, 2011 18:54

Nice collection Dragon!
I would also add 'Some People tell me', 'Lonely at the top' and "Not the way to go"

Date: September 11, 2011 19:01

I don't know what some of them are! I had some boots a while back that had SG session tracks on them but only Munich Hilton (Rotten Roll), Misty Roads, Fiji Jim and I Need You somehow survived on a tape.

I can't find anything that lists all the songs for some reason.

Date: September 11, 2011 19:04

What about "Need A Yellow Cab" aka "Do You Think I Really Care" - very finished.
"The Way She Held Me Tight"
"Lets Go Steady"
"We Had IT All" - also very complete, no?

There are a bunch of good ones; can't recall titles. What is the one about Texas Oil?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 11, 2011 19:13

Palace Revolution 2000
What about "Need A Yellow Cab" aka "Do You Think I Really Care" - very finished.
"The Way She Held Me Tight"
"Lets Go Steady"
"We Had IT All" - also very complete, no?

There are a bunch of good ones; can't recall titles. What is the one about Texas Oil?

"Do You Think I Really Care" imho is a great outtake. The song you mentioned should be 'Petrol gang'

Date: September 11, 2011 19:17

Thanks KRiff.
I wonder who Jagger is using to help him sort out those sessions. SG/ER are another maze after the Exile sessions. But probably for a different reason. With the 77-79 sessions there is such an abundance of great tracks. Plus several have changing titles.
I wonder this though: if Jagger said he had to add vocals, does that mean we should be looking at instrumental tracks?

How about Disco Muzik! Love that track.

And "Gangster's Moll". hasn't Jagger been trying to get that one out for a while now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-11 19:17 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: September 11, 2011 20:12

keefbajaga
DragonSky

Claudine is from the Paris 77/78 sessions, and couldn't be released in '78 due to legal issues concerning this lady Claudine, but after 33 years I think there is no legal problem anymore.

Based on what logic? That she might have 'got over' having her reputation blackened in a song after 34 years?

She's still alive. If the song was litigious in 1978, then its still litigious in 2012.

Date: September 11, 2011 20:35

From my own notes and basing them on Zentgraf, Aeppli's sites plus a few others, this is what's available. Still a few gaps though, so I'm not claiming it's a definitive guide. The notes were made quite some time ago and I havent checked out some of the questions as to how accurate some of the notes are.

First session - October - December 1977 :
Released songs
Beast Of Burden 5:20 1 “Some Girls” 6/78 – 8-track version Extended version with some extra lyrics and extended outro. Available on bootleg “More Sucking In The '70's”
Beast Of Burden 4:24 2 "Some Girls" 6/78 Edited version of V1
Beast Of Burden 3:29 3 7' single, 9/78 (US) Edited version of V1, also used on various compilation albums from 1981 onwards
Everything Is Turning To Gold 4:06 US B-side, 11/78 Subsequently released on "Sucking In The 70's" (1981)
Far Away Eyes 4:24 "Some Girls" 6/78 may have been completed at 1978 Paris session
Far Away Eyes 7' single 6/78 Edited version of V1
Just My Imagination 4:38 "Some Girls" 6/78
Lies 3:12 "Some Girls" 6/78 may have been completed at 1978 Paris session
Miss You 8:36 1 12' single, 6/78 Later released on “Flashpoint + Collectibles” (1991)
Miss You 4:48 2 "Some Girls" 6/78 Edited version of V1
Miss You 3:35 3 7' single 6/78 Edited version of V1. Later released on 'Jump Back' (1993) and 'Forty Licks' (2002) compilations
Miss You 5:44 4 “Some Girls” 6/78 – 8-track version Edited version of V1. Available on bootleg “More Sucking In The '70's”
Miss You (Dr Dre Remix) 3:39 5 “Austin Powers – Goldmember” 7/02 Dr Dre remix, edited from V1. Uses some dialogue by Mick from alternate versions
Miss You 7:33 6 “Rarities 1971-2003” 11/05 Edited version of V1
Respectable 3:08 "Some Girls" 6/78
Shattered 3:47 1 "Some Girls" 6/78
Shattered 2:43 2 “Some Girls” 6/78 – 8-track version Edited version of V1 (shorter solo and outro). Available on promo single and on bootleg “More Sucking In The '70's”
Some Girls 4:37 "Some Girls" 6/78 may have been completed at 1978 Paris session
When The Whip Comes Down 4:21 "Some Girls" 6/78

Circulating Alternate versions :

Beast of Burden 5:07 1 Some Girls Made Many Girls Falsetto vocal. Some lyric changes. No backing vocals (chorus is without vocals). Acoustic guitar more prominent.
Beast of Burden 5:34 2 Girls, Pills and Powders Same take as above, but acoustic guitar less prominent in mix. Longer fade out, which includes some 'tremelo' sounding guitar effects before final fade
Everything Is Turning To Gold 9:48 1 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Long version (9:48)
Everything Is Turning To Gold 4:28 2 Girls, Pills and Powders Extended version of released take.
Far Away Eyes 4:40 1 Place Pigalle Vol. 5/6 More prominent piano. Early, less committed vocal by Mick. No backing vocals. Mick says "whaddya think, Woody" before pedal steel solo
Far Away Eyes 5:18 2 Place Pigalle Vol. 5/6 Longer piano and pedal steel intros. Same vocal as released version but longer and with different pedal steel solo
Hang Fire 6:20 1 Tattoo Too First longer early version, with count-in
Hang Fire 6:09 2 Tattoo Too Second longer early version, without count-in
Just My Imagination 1 with organ
Just My Imagination 2 Some Other Girls/Genius Is Pain (LP) this may be same as take 1. Features lyrics “I look THROUGH my window”
Just My Imagination 6:43 3 Girls, Pills and Powders Extended version of released take (6:43). Sounds like a different mix. Longer instrumental break and fade out. In the final minute, the tempo is briefly slowed down slightly as if they're going to play the bridge again, but then speeds up again before the final fade out
Lies 4:56 1 Girls, Pills and Powders Early take, with dummy lyrics (most lines start with the word 'Why') (4:56)
Lies 2 Paris Outtakes Shorter than V1
Lies 3:50 3 Place Pigalle Vol. 5/6 Extended version of released take, with extra lyrics 3:50
Miss You 9:22 1 More Sucking In The '70s Features almost 2 mins of tuning up first, then a false start. Very prominent electric piano and wah-wah guitar. Maybe a first take. Lyrics and vocals quite developed though.
Miss You 11:40 2 All Mixed Up very long version (11:40) with early vocals
Miss You 7:22 3 Some Girls Made Many Girls Bridge of song has different mix. No sax or harmonica.(7:22)
Miss You 8:46 4 Place Pigalle Vol. 5/6 Extended version of #3 with sax and harmonica added. (8:46)
Respectable 3:51 1 Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 1 '1-2-3-4-@#$%&' count in by Mick, and rough lyrics. Mick calls out chord changes & instructions for solos throughout.
Respectable 2 does this exist?
Respectable 3:50 3 Place Pigalle Vol. 5/6 Extended version of released take minus overdubs and edits. An extra "get out of my life.." line at end of guitar solo and also before 2nd solo. Same lead vocal but 2nd guitar more prominent & no backing vocals (or else mixed very low) Solos at the end quite different.
Shattered 3:39 1 Girls, Pills and Powders Instrumental
Shattered 3:11 2 Girls, Pills and Powders Instrumental
Some Girls 6:24 Some Girls Made Many Girls Extended and remixed version of released take, with more harmonica and spoken vocals at end (6:24)
When The Whip Comes Down 9:48 1 Girls, Pills and Powders Dummy lyrics (mostly off mike) in verses. (9:48)
When The Whip Comes Down 2 Spend It So Fast (LP) Early version, with back up vocals & different lyrics
When The Whip Comes Down 6:16 3 Place Pigalle Vol. 5/6 Same take as released version, but longer and with Mick's vocal further down in the mix. Contains an offmike count-in, an extra verse ('Mr Rockefeller', etc), longer solos in the middle and in the 2nd half of the song, and a few other vocal asides from Mick which were later edited out (6:14)

Circulating Outtakes

A Different Kind 6:03 Girls, Pills and Powders Medium-paced country flavoured track with prominent pedal steel (& several long solos). Guide vocal by Mick
Claudine 7:33 1 Made In The Shade 1978 Slow and long version with unfinished lyrics
Everlasting Is My Love 4:02 1 Girls, Pills and Powders "Non falsetto" vocal
Jah Wonderful
Golden Caddy 3:15 1 Place Pigalle Vol. 5/6 Instrumental. May be an early version of Brown Leaves
Golden Caddy 1:57 2 Place Pigalle Vol. 5/6 Instrumental. May be an early version of Brown Leaves
Love You Too Much 4:20 1 Girls, Pills and Powders "Punk-style" rough vocal. Sounds like tape is a bit fast
Love You Too Much 2:32 2 Girls, Pills and Powders Musically more developed, but still with rough (almost drunken!) vocals. Fades out quite quickly. Listed as v3 on G,P & P
Muck Spreading Dub 3:16 Paris Results riff-driven instrumental
Munich Hilton #2 11:56 1 Girls, Pills and Powders Instrumental. This version has some percussion after a couple of mins (tom toms?). Version on Paris Outtakes Vol1 is shorter (10:37) (10:16 on 'Claudine accidents') but seems to be faster - ie, at right speed. Zentgraf lists 2 takes from Paris (1 with more instruments), Aeppli only 1

Second session - Jan - March 1978

Released songs:

Before They Make Me Run 3:25 1 "Some Girls" 6/78
Before They Make Me Run 2 US 7' promo single, 6/78 Also available on bootleg LPs “Claudine”, “Not Guilty” etc
So Young “Out of Tears” CD single, 10/94 Basic track. Mick Jagger re-did the vocal in early 1994
Start Me Up 3:33 “Tattoo You” 8/81 Basic track. Chris Kimsey says in an interview it was recorded 24 hours after 'Miss You', which, if he's right, would date it as being from the Oct-Dec 1977 session

Circulating Alternate versions :
Before They Make Me Run 4:30 1 Some Girls Made Many Girls Long fade-out. Early vocal, some slight lyric changes. No backing vocals
Before They Make Me Run 2 Twilight Zone Extended version of promo single
Black Limousine 2:14 1 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Instrumental. Also known as 'Broken Head Blues'. Fades out quickly. Is there a longer edit?
Black Limousine 4:11 2 Tattoo Too With count-in. early lyrics. Musically close to released version. Lyrics start with “you ride around babe/ride around in your limousine”
Black Limousine 3:17 3 Tattoo Too Intro fades in & sounds close to released version. Rough lyrics, which start with “you used to ride/used to ride/ in your long black limousine/and I was scared...”
So Young 2:58 Paris Results Rough, unfinished lyrics
Start Me Up 4:04 1 In The Eighties Early lyrics. Vocals in verses only (choruses are instrumental) Musically similar to released version
Start Me Up 3:41 2 Girls, Pills and Powders Close to the finished version (this may even have been used as a backing track), only a bit less polished. All rhythm guitars at this stage, though – there's no lead gtr. Verses still have rough lyrics, but the chrous and backing vocals are more developed
Summer Romance 5:21 1 The Emotional Rescue Sessions Different intro to released version. Early lyrics. Jagger's vocals off-mike.
Summer Romance 4:35 2 The Emotional Rescue Sessions Count-in, and different intro to released version. Early lyrics. More like V1 than later takes so I think this is a Some Girls outtake

Circulating Outtakes
After Hours 5:00 Place Pigalle Vol. 2 Piano and harmonica-dominated slow jazz/blues instrumental. Also known as 'Slow Blues'.
Armpit Blues 2:35 Place Pigalle Vol. 2 Slow blues instrumental, with lots of harmonica as well as guitar and piano solos (2:35)
Broken Toe 1:55 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 riff driven instrumental, with harmonica. Fades out early
Brown Leaves 2:46 1 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Instrumental version of "Dancing Girls" (2:46) may come from '79
Brown Leaves 6:13 2 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Longer version of above (6:13), slightly more reggae tinged
Claudine 3:37 2 Static In The Attic Rockabilly version, full-length
Claudine 3:04 3 Static In The Attic Edited version of V2. Probably edited for release before being withdrawn due to the risk of litigation over potentially libellous lyrics
Disco Music 5:34 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Unfinished lyrics, with Mick repeating the same chorus over and over in a falsetto
Do You Get Enough? 5:18 Place Pigalle Vol. 2 Calypso-flavoured track with almost complete lyrics and prominent acoustic gtr lick. Sometimes erroneously titled "Lucky In Love" (although thats what Mick appears to be singing). 5:24, on GP & P
Do You Think I Really Care? 6:12 1 Paris Outtakes Vol. II Pedal steel version. 6:12.
Do You Think I Really Care? 6:15 2 Paris Results Different mix of V1, but with less pedal steel and more guitar
Everlasting Is My Love 3:44 2 Girls, Pills and Powders No count-in. Slide guitar version. 3:44 on G,P& P
Everlasting Is My Love 5:02 3 Girls, Pills and Powders Count-in and falsetto vocal in chorus . Prominent acoustic gtr
Fiji Jim #1 4:02 1 Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 1 Acoustic guitar more prominent in this version
Fiji Jim #2 3:55 2 Gals, Gags & Pin Ups As V1 but with more electric guitar right from the opening notes
Golden Caddy #1 1:54 1 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Instrumental. (1:54)
Golden Caddy #2 3:05 2 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 instrumental. (3:05)
Golden Caddy 6:13 3 Girls, Pills and Powders Instrumental. May not be 'Golden caddy' ? Sounds diff to versions 1 & 2
I Need You 3:32 Girls, Pills and Powders Main vocal by Keith, with backing and some lead vocals by Mick
It's A Lie 4:41 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Starts with count-in and drum roll. Bluesy rocker with rough vocals and great hamronica by Sugar Blue Also on G,P&P as V2. Zentgraf 2 versions but I think its just one
It's All Wrong 3:36 Place Pigalle Vol. 4 fast punk style song with unfinished lyrics
It Won't Be Long 1 Soul Survivor (LP) Early rough version, Keith on vocals and (probably) piano
Light Up 5:02 Fast Talking Medium paced instrumental, with pedal steel
Love You Too Much 3:42 3 Some Girls Made Many Girls Instrumental version, with acoustic guitar high in mix. Check against other versions (listed as V3 on Girls, pills etc – 3:42)
Love You Too Much 4:08 4 Girls, Pills and Powders Almost a finished track. Lyrics much more complete. Keith duets on chorus and prominent steel guitar
Never Let Her Go 4:51 Better Results Slightly reggae-tinged track with distorted guitar and electric piano. Some guide vocals by Mick. Listed twice on Girls, pills and powders (this title + 'Someone know'. Seems to be the same take))
Never Make You Cry #1 3:56 1 Girls, Pills and Powders Guide vocals. Maybe as v3? This track is doubtful
Never Make You Cry #2 4:46 2 Place Pigalle Vol. 4 Mick announcing chord changes (more electric piano noticeable in last minute)
Never Make You Cry #3 3:58 3 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Electric piano more prominent through more of the track than above version (3:58)
No Spare Parts 6:11 Girls, Pills and Powders Country song with prominent electric piano. Mick sings in his faux-Southern accent. Could have been releasable with a bit of work on the lyrics and a more polished vocal.
Not The Way To Go #1 1 Instrumental listed by Zentgraf but not by Aeppli
Petrol 3:47 Place Pigalle Vol. 4 Mick vocal demo with Stu on piano. Also known as 'Petrol Gang'
Red Eyes 3:57 Place Pigalle Vol. 2 aka "When You're Gone". Guide vocal by Mick. Later recorded & released by Ronnie in 1981
Shame, Shame, Shame 3:50 Place Pigalle Vol. 2 Jimmy Reed cover, with slightly loose vocal by Mick. Sugar Blue on harmonica
Sheep Dip Blues 0:34 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 very brief blues instrumental with piano & harmonica (fades after 40 secs or so)
Some People Tell Me 4:49 Place Pigalle Vol. 2 A driving blues in a similar style to 'Stop Breaking Down', with rough 'growling' guide vocal by Mick.
Stay Where You Are 1:34 Girls, Pills and Powders Brief loose instrumental jam
The Way She Held Me Tight 4:34 Girls, Pills and Powders aka "Misty Roads"
Untitled Piano Instrumental 4:38 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 4: 40. Mostly piano driven. Check if its 'Light Up'. Theres no track listed for Place Pigalle Vol 4 called 'untitled piano instrumental'
Up Against The Wall 6:04 Place Pigalle Vol. 3 Instrumental with very prominent harmonica. An incomplete version (3:58) in better quality is on 'Sheep Dip Blues'. Also known as 'On Our Knees'
You Don't Have To Go 4:33 Place Pigalle Vol. 2 4:33 Jimmy Reed song. Mostly instrumental with rough vocal and lots of harmonica and guitar solos. Sounds a bit like "Black Limousine"! 'Biscuit Blues' on Girls, Pills & Powders
You Win Again 3:31 Place Pigalle Vol. 2 Hank Williams cover, with out of tune vocal by Mick. Later recorded solo by Keith for a Hank Williams Tribute album

Unverified (& uncirculated) songs Paris 1977-78 :

1977 :

Covered In Bruises possibly an early version of Ronnie's solo song '1234' as it mentions this title a lot in the chorus
Infekshun later re-recorded for Ronnie's 'Gimme Some Neck' album
Once You Start Early version of "Start Me Up"

1978 :

Angeline
We Are Ripped On Down

There's a few I'm unsure about if they're from SG or ER sessions :

I cant Help It 3:24 5 Girls, Pills and Powders fast paced instrumental
feel no pain no more 4:42 Girls, Pills and Powders Medium paced instrumental, with country/blues style lead and a lot of piano
Los Trios Guitareros 3;10 Girls, Pills and Powders instrumental. follow me 1:31 Girls, Pills and Powders funky licked instrumental. No audible bass, charlie on what sounds like brushes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-11 20:44 by Gazza.

Date: September 11, 2011 20:58

Isn't "The Way She Held Me Tight" Misty Roads?

Date: September 11, 2011 21:01

This is good. It's what I was hoping to achieve with this thread - some information. I love that people have posted their boots on youtube so people like me that don't have them can at least listen to 'em!

Ideally it would be great to get all that are on youtube on here. So more work to do. Such a creative time for them, that and into the ER sessions.

Didn't they do quite a bit for Black And Blue as well? Funny that people think that album is so short but it's still 40 minutes or so long!

Date: September 11, 2011 21:01

DragonSky
Isn't "The Way She Held Me Tight" Misty Roads?

Yes.

Golden Caddy/Brown Leaves seems to be a couple of songs which cause a bit of confusion (to me, anyway!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-11 21:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 11, 2011 21:02

Oh. Thought you meant the stuff at the back of my fridge. This is tastier.

Date: September 11, 2011 21:41

Haven't heard these before!

Posted by: django ()
Date: September 11, 2011 23:55

Gazza
1978 :

Angeline
We Are Ripped On Down

We Are Ripped On Down was mentioned first in a German pop magazine in spring 1978. It was a report from a guy who was invited to one session in the Pathe studios. The band was doing vocal overdubs on that day. If I remember correctly he also mentioned Lies and the two working titles for the album that later became SG as we all know: Lie Detector and Don't Steal My Girlfriend. I am pretty sure that what sounds like We Are Ripped On Down to him was in fact WTWCD. But this is just an assumption. This pic with mick playing the Macabre in the studio is from that article:

Date: September 12, 2011 00:40

Thanks. Never seen that pic before. Very unusual one. Had had you asked me who it was, I dont think I'd have answered 'Mick Jagger' !

Date: September 12, 2011 00:49

Yeah Gazza, that pic showed up here a while back, and no one thought it looked like Jagger. Jagger looks kind of like J Ed Davis here

Date: September 12, 2011 00:54

Thats EXACTLY who I thought it looked like!

Date: September 12, 2011 02:46

[Posted in the other thread, but probably fits better here.]

This would have to be a double album anyway since the Stones' contract precludes the addition of bonus tracks on the same disc. That said, I think Mick's 2011 vocals on SOME GIRLS outtakes will play better than his 2009 vocals on EXILE outtakes (although I can't really carp about "Plundered My Soul" or "Pass the Wine," both of which were treasures). I wouldn't expect to hear "You Win Again" since I doubt they would bother releasing cover versions and lose songwriting and publishing royalties.

Fixing up "Do You Think I Care?" is likely and "Fiji Jim" was already worked on in 1993 so some of Mick's work was likely just overseeing the remixing. I would think "It's a Lie" and "Misty Road" would be contenders. "Claudine" would take a complete lyrical overhaul since referring to Spider by name would certainly be a problem unless Claudine Longet is willing to sign a waiver today. If I recall correctly it was Andy Williams who threatened a lawsuit at the time.

The good news is some of these tracks were reworked during the EMOTIONAL RESCUE and TATTOO YOU sessions. The UNDERCOVER sessions had reworked versions of "Gangster's Moll" and "Munich Hilton." Mick was even toying with "Gangster's Moll" during the PRIMITIVE COOL and STEEL WHEELS sessions so I'd consider it a contender as well. I don't see a problem if 1979 outtakes end up being reworked for this. It's not like EXILE RARITIES didn't tap into STICKY FINGERS and LET IT BLEED sessions.

My guess for the track listing is:

1. "Munich Hilton" (retitled with new lyrics and vocal)
2. "Claudine" (with new lyrics and vocal)
3. "Gangster's Moll" (new vocal using 1987 lyrics)
4. "It's a Lie"
5. "I Can't Help It"
6. "Fiji Jim" (using 1993 vocal)
7. "Do You Think I Care?"
8. "Misty Road"
9. "No Spare Parts"
10. "I Need You" (contractual Keith lead vocal)

It's possible some of these may be in better shape than what has circulated among collectors so the need for new vocals/lyrics is just speculation. Don Was did note last year that SOME GIRLS was in the best shape to do a Deluxe Edition in terms of completed outtakes. It's also possible that rather than 10 newly unearthed tracks, they will mix in some alternate takes of the album tracks.

Date: September 12, 2011 03:08

'Its a Lie' is, potentially, an absolute snorter. Really would love to believe there's a finished version of that. Sugar Blue absolutely shines on it.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 12, 2011 03:14

More sub par,throwaway, couldn't make the final cut crap. hate this junk.

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 03:46

Talking about the track Claudine.. No publicity is bad publicity goes the old cliche. If they had got the ok and released the song as planned, it's quite likely Claudine Longet's career and fame just might have been given a major boost.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:05

I will make an exception to my previously-expressed opinion that Mick should not redo or add vocals to the SG-era outtakes...

He can be permitted to redo Claudine to make it Longet Lawsuit Proof. (Have always liked that track...)

Date: September 12, 2011 07:29

Django, your speculation about "We Are Ripped On Down" likely being an early "When the Whip Comes Down" sounds quite likely. I'm just pissed I didn't think of it first. Well done! Hope we have confirmation of it one day.

More Hot Rocks, I know exactly what you mean about "sub-par throwaway [presumably not Jagger's solo song] couldn't make the final cut, hate this junk." How true. Why can't they do something worthwhile like TATTOO YOU instead?

Gazza, your appreciation of the underrated "It's a Lie" gets you back on my Christmas card list.

Date: September 12, 2011 10:01

Gazza
keefbajaga
DragonSky

Based on what logic? That she might have 'got over' having her reputation blackened in a song after 34 years?

She's still alive. If the song was litigious in 1978, then its still litigious in 2012.

Based on the logic that The Rolling Stones are no criminals of war, so after 34 years 'the freedom of speech' may prevail above this 'little legal issue' ("her reputation"....ha!). In 1969, when I was 5 years old I did steal some candy in a shop, now is that still litigious? By the way Gazza: thanks for that tracklist of the SG-sessions! What a great collection!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home