Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger: Some Girls Deluxe comes with 10 bonus tracks never released before
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:25

Interesting how Mick is doing all the work on these releases, and nary a comment from keith or much participation as well.

Re: Mick Jagger: Some Girls Deluxe comes with 10 bonus tracks never released before
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:25

thanks for this,
No tour plans- at the moment.
they are working on it, he means
bye
jeroen

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:31

clearly english isn't the interviewer's first language. give the guy a break. geez.

Date: September 9, 2011 17:47

whitem8
Interesting how Mick is doing all the work on these releases, and nary a comment from keith or much participation as well.

We don't actually know that Keith didn't participate. Until this interview was posted we didn't know Mick had cut new vocals. The first and last we heard was from Don Was stating he thought it would be the next project. Don also stated the outtakes were the most complete. As with "So Young," there may have been no need to touch the backing tracks up, we don't know for sure yet. As much as hardcore fans might love the outtakes, I understand if Mick isn't thrilled with the lyrics and/or vocals on what were still unfinished songs. Hopefully we'll hear a lot of familiar tracks with vocals and lyrics that do them proud.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:49

ineedadrink
Shawn20
"No tour plan - at the moment." The meeting could have been about the Some Girls' reissue. I hope I'm wrong, it just seems as if Jagger doesn't want to do it.
let's be reasonable. do you really think mick is going to announce to the world during that interview that there are plans to tour? no. saying "no tour plans at the moment" is a stock answer.

My sentiment too.
I thought I saw Micks eye twitch when he was asked - just like Bill Clinton, way back then. winking smiley did you have.....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 9, 2011 18:16

ineedadrink
clearly english isn't the interviewer's first language. give the guy a break. geez.

Interview is for a german TV station,so surprisingly not...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 9, 2011 18:30

So all is now clear. With all these retro releases such as last year's deluxe Exile, Ed Sullivan Shows DVD, Ladies And Gentlemen DVD, the 78 tour film etc it appears the way forward is the way back.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2011 18:35

shortfatfanny
ineedadrink

Interview is for a german TV station,so surprisingly not...

No, sorry, no break. It wasn't the language that was the problem, it was the inane questions.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2011 18:36

Shawn20
"No tour plan - at the moment." The meeting could have been about the Some Girls' reissue. I hope I'm wrong, it just seems as if Jagger doesn't want to do it.

eye rolling smiley

Mick's being interviewed to promote a side project. He's not going to minimise the opportunity to sell that product to the public by talking up a Stones tour, because if he does, thats the only part of the interview that will be quoted and dissected (as it is now anyway!)

He wont confirm ANYTHING about a Stones project until its made official. He didnt even mention anything about SuperHeavy until it was officially announced either.

Mick's forgotten more about the art of PR than anyone on here will ever know.

The Some Girls reissue is in the bag. There's no need to have a 'meeting' about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-09 18:37 by Gazza.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 9, 2011 18:42

RobertJohnson
Some 10 bonus tracks, hope they will add the incredible "Some People Tell Me" with a growling MJ and two furiously acting guitars in the background.

Hi Robert! i agree with you. SPTM is a great song. Mick is fantastic and we can listen the real 'ancient art of weaving" between Ronnie and Keef.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 18:46

Universal Music Brasil to confirm the Some Girls Deluxe Editon. The album with extra tracks will be released in 2012.

Date: September 9, 2011 19:00

Thanks for this Carlo. I'm not surprised this isn't coming until next year.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 9, 2011 19:04

Vaults are slowly creaking open.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 9, 2011 19:17

"no vocals". Does it mean those 10 tracks are really instrumentals and that none of the songs we know with vocals are on the reissue ? I guess he means the songs were unfinished but had some vocal parts. Reason why he had to add complete vocals.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 9, 2011 19:29

toomuchforme
"no vocals". Does it mean those 10 tracks are really instrumentals and that none of the songs we know with vocals are on the reissue ? I guess he means the songs were unfinished but had some vocal parts. Reason why he had to add complete vocals.

Can someone write down here what Mick is telling us in this interview about "Some Girls Bonus", beginning at 09:30 ? Thanks.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 9, 2011 19:32

whitem8
He's busy colecting awards for his writing.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 9, 2011 19:38

My guess would be "no vocals" really means not usable. There are backing tracks like "Munich Hilton" (although there is a take with a largely off-mike guide vocal) and then there are tracks like "I Need You" or "Do You Think I Care?" or "Fiji Jim" that, based on what circulates, would not be deemed to have finished vocals despite how much diehard fans love the tracks.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 9, 2011 19:48

Damn Mick...don't @#$%& up "Do You Think I Care" or "Fiji Jim"......

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:27

Justin
Damn Mick...don't @#$%& up "Do You Think I Care" or "Fiji Jim"......

...or "Some People Tell me"

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:30

sweetcharmedlife
whitem8
He's busy colecting awards for his writing.eye rolling smiley

rather for the writing J.Fox had written for him

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:35

Is anybody out here who can rip this raw version of the ZDF-interview and made it downloadable?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:40

treaclefingers
Thanks for posting....I'm midway through the interview.

Mick is so professional...I agree, interviewer is poor.

I'm not sure if "professional" has a place in rock n roll, it comes across as too corporate a concept. Rock stars are better with an attitude like KR or even Alan McGee, the Creation Records founder.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: September 9, 2011 21:35

walkingthedog
He clearly implied that 2013 is the correct year for the 50 year anniversary, not 2012, since Charlies first gig with the Stones was in January 1963.

I thought it was very interesting the way he went about answering the question. He acknowledged 2012 as being the 50th anniversary of the Rolling Stones playing at the Marquee Club and then mentioned Charlie reminding him that he didn't come aboard until 2013. The fact remains that the Rolling Stones played their first gig as the Rolling Stones on July 12, 1962. The 50th anniversary is 2012, not 2013, however, I liked the idea of him acknowledging Charlie's 50th anniversary with the band which I am sure they will acknowledge even if they do start in 2012.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:59

"Some Girls" + "Emotional Rescue" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: September 10, 2011 00:14

Well I thought it was a reasonable interview,the guy asked his questions,got a mention of a previous interview,Mick answered them all ,I didn't notice any attempt to avoid questions about the Stones,even though he was probably promoting Superheavy ,we got to find out about 10 tracks on the expanded Some Girls,a mention of 50th anniversary,pretty good week all in all.
Well at least I'm happy

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 10, 2011 00:50

Boy, Mick Jagger is in fantastic shape, I will not get into Superheavy, but it is fine if Mick is enjoying himself.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:01

Lien
Here you can see the interview from 1977 they're talking about ;

[www.zdf.de]
That guy was already a terrible interviewer back then. It's as if he's constantly interrupting Jagger with his totally random uninteresting viewpoints
Great though that we know about the some girls 10 extra tracks now.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:11

That'd be cool if they did something with "Still In Love". I think that one goes back to the IORR sessions, but there's a newer version I have that sounds like its from the Some Girls era. Its only about 40 second's long. It has mick singing in falsetto and it sounds kind of like BOB in reverse. Its a very nice melody. Id like to hear that if they released it, even if Mick re did the vocals now. It'd be interesting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-10 01:15 by ryanpow.

Date: September 10, 2011 01:13

I'm surprised that Jagger went and added new vocals again. The SG session surely produced more than enough stellar work that should be released.

IMO the interviewer harped way too much on the age issue in one section; almost in a offensive way. Jagger was cool though; I bet back in 75-77 he would have pounced.

LOL I just saw the clip from the '77 interview; I hated that guy back then, haha..can't believe it's the same guy.
I thought Jagger gave a really good answer about songwriting; early on in the Super Heavy context, then again around 11 minute mark, with the refernces.
But right around 13:08 he gets lost. He keep s talking, but IMO he is treading water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-10 01:20 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:26

maybe they all just met to watch the fort worth footage and decide on the overdubs that will surely ruin it lol

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home