Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Mick Jagger: Some Girls Deluxe comes this November with 10 bonus tracks never released before
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:20

You can watch the complete Mick Jagger Interview (17 minutes) right now:
[www.highwire-therollingstones.de]

Some Girls content beginning 09:30 ...

Have fun!
HighwireC

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-14 19:10 by HighwireC.

Re: Mick Jagger: Some Girls Deluxe comes with 10 bonus tracks never released before
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:26

How do I get the video to play?

Re: Mick Jagger: Some Girls Deluxe comes with 10 bonus tracks never released before
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:27

Cant view it in work, but will do so later. Many thanks for the link.

Was hoping for more than 10 personally, but I guess its best to wait until we hear them to pass judgement. If they're all bonafide 1977-78 recordings (ie with no 2011 vocals) and finished songs, then thats more important.

Date: September 9, 2011 15:30

Gazza
Cant view it in work, but will do so later. Many thanks for the link.

Was hoping for more than 10 personally, but I guess its best to wait until we hear them to pass judgement. If they're all bonafide 1977-78 recordings (ie with no 2011 vocals) and finished songs, then thats more important.

Mick did vocals on many tracks just now in studio, because there was now vocals on those unfinished tracks from 1977/78 ... ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-09 15:31 by HighwireC.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:35

Thats too bad. Surely there are SOME songs from '77-78 that were finished to a degree that they could be releasable as a bonus track.

Then again, I'd imagine most of the songs from that era that were considered good enough were held over for Tattoo You.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:52

Thank you so much HighwireC ! thumbs up

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:54

There are no tour plans at the moment he said in the end of the interview, maybe it could be a gig in the Marquee ...

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:01

Thanks for the link.

Have to say the questions are pretty poor, Mick does well with it, when he goes on about his 'political question' with 'what is your view of the world today?' followed up with 'do you have a solution?' then to add to that 'maybe we need a miracle worker?' poor mick having to deal with that.

Although, sounds like Mick was referring to the meeting when he says that he saw Charlie 'yesterday' and the fact they were on the topic of the 50th anniversary makes you think that maybe they were just blue sky-ing a few viable options to celebrate (ie. cash in) on the event. 'No tour planned...at the moment...' I can take comfort in that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-09 16:02 by Juniorjackflash.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:13

"No tour plan - at the moment." The meeting could have been about the Some Girls' reissue. I hope I'm wrong, it just seems as if Jagger doesn't want to do it.

Date: September 9, 2011 16:17

This ZDF-interview will be released today, but when was it made?

Some days ago, I think. So the London meeting yesterday was after Mick's answers we can listen to in this interview.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:19

Oh my god, what a bad interviewer.

Date: September 9, 2011 16:24

stonethobo
Oh my god, what a bad interviewer.

smileys with beer

It seems to be some higher level,
not the common IORR-stonesfan-level ... smoking smiley

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:26

Yep you must be right there HighwireC , so maybe Mick `n` Charlie just see each other now and then .
By the way very nice website :[www.highwire-therollingstones.de] smiling smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:29

I canĀ“t watch the video. What mick said?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:33

Some 10 bonus tracks, hope they will add the incredible "Some People Tell Me" with a growling MJ and two furiously acting guitars in the background.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:33

He clearly implied that 2013 is the correct year for the 50 year anniversary, not 2012, since Charlies first gig with the Stones was in January 1963.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:35

YAY "I Need You" will see the light of day finally!!!
[writer's speculation]

Date: September 9, 2011 16:37

walkingthedog
He clearly implied that 2013 is the correct year for the 50 year anniversary, not 2012, since Charlies first gig with the Stones was in January 1963.

That's the reason tour starts in summer 2012 and goes on to 2013, perhaps ...

Date: September 9, 2011 16:38

Great news indeed. Some of the SuperHeavy tracks are growing on me, ED SULLIVAN is still on schedule according to Amazon, SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS, and now this. Quite a week.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:39

Thanks for posting this

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:41

So Forty Licks was actually 39 Licks?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:42

thanks for the post....the interviewer is a tough task.....surprised Mick gave him so much time....it's a new milder Mick

Date: September 9, 2011 16:44

Mick said he worked on 10 tracks. That's no exactly saying there will be 10 tracks on the extra disc. There could be others that were finished back then or the ER sessions.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:45

DragonSky
Hehe

Date: September 9, 2011 16:54

DragonSky
Mick said he worked on 10 tracks. That's no exactly saying there will be 10 tracks on the extra disc. There could be others that were finished back then or the ER sessions.

Exile Bonus CD got 10 tracks, too. But you are right, let's wait and see ...

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:00

Shawn20
"No tour plan - at the moment." The meeting could have been about the Some Girls' reissue. I hope I'm wrong, it just seems as if Jagger doesn't want to do it.
let's be reasonable. do you really think mick is going to announce to the world during that interview that there are plans to tour? no. saying "no tour plans at the moment" is a stock answer.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:14

DragonSky

Nice...maybe that'll be the excuse to rerelease 40 licks as 39 Licks, remaster it, and remove Don't Stop!

Date: September 9, 2011 17:22

Oh no. I hope they don't reissue Forty Licks! There are way too many compilations already!

And another one coming? The only reason I'd buy another one is if it has the UK mix of Plundered My Soul. Other than that forget it.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:22

Here you can see the interview from 1977 they're talking about ;

[www.zdf.de]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:23

Thanks for posting....I'm midway through the interview.

Mick is so professional...I agree, interviewer is poor.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home