Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Moves like Jagger- have you seen this?
Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: August 27, 2011 21:55

Have you seen this? do you think this group is trying to meet mick?

wonder what he thinks? what with this song and "swagger jagger" at no1 Mick is really in at the moment!!

Re: Moves like Jagger- have you seen this?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 27, 2011 22:02

Keith will be upset!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 27, 2011 22:17

Kids, ya gotta get with the program.

This song is being played throughout US.

Maroon 5 did several dates with the Stones on last tour. They know each other, and Adam, lead singer-writer, is a respectful Jagger fan.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 27, 2011 22:20

Maybe people under 25 will finally know who Mick jagger is.

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: August 27, 2011 22:21

More Hot Rocks

Yeah, a Fool To Cry...

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 27, 2011 23:00

oh shit,
hope keith won't see this video, he will be even more jealous and envious

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:19

I would almost like the MLJ video if they had shown only Jagger.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:21

andrea66, think you're being a little rough on Keith. He's known Mick's moves better than almost anyone except Charlie, and those moves have helped make various Rolling Stones extremely wealthy.

Publishers really push authors when they're writing about rock stars. Part of Keith's deal called for him to take some shots, both true and inaccurate. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't regret bits and pieces of what went under his name.

When I wrote a book about my friend Hendrix, my editor amazed me by saying:
"I love the part of you and Jimi confiding in each other about acne problems.
You MUST expand on this. It's fantastic!" Well, you can bet I refused. Many publishers are looking for something they can get tabloids to exploit. And my mind reeled with the kind of headline my editor had in mind.

Keith could have refused here and there...but he didn't. And he didn't say "there were many shows when I was awful and Mick had to cover for me."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-28 01:28 by stonesrule.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:33

More Hot Rocks

Yup.

I like the video and saw Maroon 5 with The Stones.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:48

The song SUCKS.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 28, 2011 12:29

More Hot Rocks

And people whoa are very much over 25 will know about the artists and music the people under 25 are listening to... No a clue what Moroon 5 or Cher Lloyd (related to Harold?) are before...

But anyway, it took hmm... almost 30 years for 'solo' Mick to finally get recognition under the age of 25 (again)... >grinning smiley<

Nice kids these days...

- Doxa

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 28, 2011 13:21

There's a snippet of Jagger wich I can't remember having seen. I'ts around 1:36-7 and he's wearing the Marilyn tanktop -can it be from one of the two Los Angeles shows?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 28, 2011 13:31

stonesrule,
i love keith, but it was just a joke because after i finished the book i had the feeling that he is a little envious of mick, of his personality and succes with women. somehow he cannot explain why at the end of all mick is more famous than him

stonesrule
andrea66, think you're being a little rough on Keith. He's known Mick's moves better than almost anyone except Charlie, and those moves have helped make various Rolling Stones extremely wealthy.

Publishers really push authors when they're writing about rock stars. Part of Keith's deal called for him to take some shots, both true and inaccurate. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't regret bits and pieces of what went under his name.

When I wrote a book about my friend Hendrix, my editor amazed me by saying:
"I love the part of you and Jimi confiding in each other about acne problems.
You MUST expand on this. It's fantastic!" Well, you can bet I refused. Many publishers are looking for something they can get tabloids to exploit. And my mind reeled with the kind of headline my editor had in mind.

Keith could have refused here and there...but he didn't. And he didn't say "there were many shows when I was awful and Mick had to cover for me."

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 28, 2011 16:23

if in fact KR was pushed to take shots at his partner to sell books then that's pathetic considering KR story is compelling enough....I don't think anyone pushed KR. He decided to take some of those shots....bad as they were and over the top as they were they reflected poorly on him overall...his reputation suffered somewhat for the personal jabs at Jagger....you read some of those feelings on posts here on IORR...... But to suggest that he took the shots to sell a book would take him several notches and several hits lower and I don't think he'd sell out Mick to that degree.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: August 28, 2011 16:43

This review consists of only two words, shit sandwich.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 28, 2011 16:51

DragonSky
The song SUCKS.

punkfloyd
only two words, shit sandwich.

But a funny video smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 28, 2011 17:02

Rip This
if in fact KR was pushed to take shots at his partner to sell books then that's pathetic considering KR story is compelling enough....I don't think anyone pushed KR. He decided to take some of those shots....bad as they were and over the top as they were they reflected poorly on him overall...his reputation suffered somewhat for the personal jabs at Jagger....you read some of those feelings on posts here on IORR...... But to suggest that he took the shots to sell a book would take him several notches and several hits lower and I don't think he'd sell out Mick to that degree.

Presumably as well, he'd have the chutzpah, or at least 'the blade' to show 'em if they were trying to 'push him to take shots'.

It was a sellout for whatever the reason, and is pathetic.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 29, 2011 07:26

Man, do you guys ever turn on the radio? Maroon 5 is huge, they've warmed up for the Stones, Adam Levin (the lead singer) did a duet of "Wild Horses" with Alicia Keys that was very good and quite popular, and Christina Aguilera (who appears in the video) performed "Live With Me" with the Stones at their Beacon Theater show.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: August 29, 2011 07:47

here an old thread about the song and the video discussions

[www.iorr.org]

kind of a summer hit over here. Not the biggest this year, but one of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1286
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home