Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BONO/EDGE play Brilliant "Stuck in a Moment" (You Tube Vid here) for late singer INXS' MH Last Night on Letterman
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: August 18, 2011 13:55

Best Version Ever - STUCK IN A MOMENT - Bono and Edge Live Acoustic
(for Michael Hutchence - Lead Singer of great Aussie Band INXS) 18/8/11 !!!

BROKEN BACK STORIES, SPIDER MAN BROADWAY HYPE, and "NICE CROTCH"
(according to Letterman - Dave's STILL a VERY VERY funny guy !!!)

REMEMBERING MICHAEL HUTCHENCE - TASTE IT Live, Germany, 1997

MICHAEL HUTCHENCE/BONO (1997) - SLIDE AWAY.... Such an OMINOUS song...

Is "SPIDERMAN" the worst piece of Garbage U2 has ever done? CCM THINKS SO....

Re: BONO/EDGE play Brilliant "Stuck in a Moment" (You Tube Vid here) for late singer INXS' MH Last Night on Letterman
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 18, 2011 14:07

Cool INXS clips...
btw- not a big issue, but that U2 must have been a rerun last night, we saw this on Dave a while back, I forget when... maybe a month or two.

Re: BONO/EDGE play Brilliant "Stuck in a Moment" (You Tube Vid here) for late singer INXS' MH Last Night on Letterman
Date: August 18, 2011 14:20

Max'sKansasCity
Cool INXS clips...
btw- not a big issue, but that U2 must have been a rerun last night, we saw this on Dave a while back, I forget when... maybe a month or two.

Yeah, you're right. Just checked YouTube, it's at least 4 weeks old. I saw it on the show tonight but was channel surfing so I thought it was fresh. Damn, EVERYBODY'S on summer vacation during the second half of August (how come I'm not?.... maybe if I become a useless, twisted politician or judge or something I can get a month or 2 off) Sorry Max.....

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 18, 2011 14:23

no need to say sorry, I would rather someone post a dupe, than not post at all. I was just helping out, keeping the record straight, so when bv writes the book "THE IORR CHRONICLES" smiling smiley.... keep on keeping on....

PS
I DVR the late shows looking for new bands, new music... and I the DVR set/programed to only record NEW/FIRST RUN TV PROGRAMS(non-rerun)... Which brings up an interesting point (which I have almost created a thread about it) but proramming the words "Rolling Stones" and "Mick Jagger" and "Keith Richards" to AUTO RECORD puts some interesting things in my que...

Sometimes I will look at the DVR recorded shows que and I think WTF IS THAT SHOW?..... e.g. "The wonder Years" episode where lil Kevin sneaks out to find a secret Stones gig....... or yesterday there was some sitcom (forget the name) but it was the typical "fat guy/HOT WIFE" couple were they scheming to get Stones tickets.,.. it is fun... and sometimes it is FUNNY.... for instance if any of the names/words (like "Keith Richards" ) shows up in the show/program description then the DVR will automatically record it.... and that is how I learned that a man named Keith Richards used to sometimes guest star on "Bonanza" grinning smiley

PS

That autorecord is really handy for helping me keep track on my F1 races.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 14:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 18, 2011 14:31

Hmmm, looks like Edge is playing that in an open tuning, I'd always assumed it was in standard E.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 18, 2011 14:35

Much better than the schmaltzy known version. Of course you can't polish a turd, but it's better at least. I'd still like to insert a garden elf into Bono's rear though.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 18, 2011 15:41

does he still have to weld ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: August 18, 2011 16:17

Thank you for sharing this.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 18, 2011 16:44

very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 18, 2011 16:56

ok, i think you can post it on u2 boards.

Date: August 19, 2011 03:26

carlostones10
ok, i think you can post it on u2 boards now.
(clearance given)

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 19, 2011 05:20

CrissCrossMind
carlostones10
ok, i think you can post it on u2 boards now.
(clearance given)

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!
Happy early birthday CCM.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 19, 2011 06:18

these clips are beautiful, thanks for posting!!

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: August 19, 2011 06:49

Holy @#$%& Shit. My respect for Edge and Bono, already high, just went up even more. How can anybody on this board deny this group's raw talent? Thank you for posting. I think Bono and Edge are so used to improvising that they can shift gears in a nimble way that is just tough for many to even comprehend attempting.

I suppose I view this also in the context of the over-produced prepackaged crap that predominates popular music now. This performance on TV programme wasn't only ballsy, it was expertly executed and passionately expressed, yet loose enough to accommodate adjustments for the feeling of the moment there in the Ed Sullivan theater. While I can believe that this performance was "planned ahead" to the extent that there was guitar conveniently available for Edge, that doesn't at all change the brilliance evident here in how they pulled this off.

While the Stones will always be "my" band, I at least take some consolation that the most successful rock tour in history now belongs to a band that can truly make a claim to deserve having it. [Up for debate, etc., of course.]

I remember watching Bono join the Stones at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago back in '02 and he very gently, and respectfully, started to tweak the lyrics to Going to a Go Go, pushing Mick and the band in a very slightly uncomfortable direction I think because it was off the script, but it was also done in a way that I truly think made Mick smile, and wonder, man, it would be nice to be able to improvise a little more often with my own band.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home