Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Real Roadblock To A Stones 2012 Tour
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 12, 2011 01:32

SoulPlunderer
71Tele
I think if the US is really headed for economic collapse, as a small businessperson, that concerns me far more than whether 3/5 of the Rolling Stones tour again.

Please see my previous post! Lol

Yep, SP, you beat me to it.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:09

Maybe they'll do a few free concerts.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:33

71Tele
SoulPlunderer
71Tele
I think if the US is really headed for economic collapse, as a small businessperson, that concerns me far more than whether 3/5 of the Rolling Stones tour again.

Please see my previous post! Lol

Yep, SP, you beat me to it.

Lol. What else would some people live for?

Good luck with the business though man. Sounds like you'll need it unfortunately...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:39

thewatchman
The real roadblock to any future Stones tour has little or nothing to do with Keith's book and the current status between Mick and Keith but rather the self destruction of the western world. With London burning and the United States destined to be a third world country (after it's soon to come economic collapse) the chances of any 2012 anniversary tour are looking slimmer and slimmer with each passing day. Can anyone blame them for not wanting to venture out into this type of environment? Could make Altamont look like a walk in the park! Man, do things change fast in our world today!
Yet all other aspects of life continue to go on in spite of the world's troubles. I showed up for work today just like normal. I wasn't shot or attacked. All over the world. Billions of people continue to live thier lifes as normally as possible. The music indudtry goes on. In San Francisco this weekend they're having a music festival where they expect 60,000 a day for three days. Somehow I think the Stones safety will not be in jeopardy. Unless they try to steal a TV with a gang of thugs while police shoot at them.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:46

So, if Mick tours with Superheavy, would you think he'd attempt a Stones Golden Anniversary tour? After all, same economic situation in the USA and Europe if there were a Superheavy tour.

One would think Superheavy ticket prices would be in the $250.00USD range for best seat and God knows how much for a gold circle or platinum package, assuming the group would do arena shows.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:59

Yeah and what about a "gold circle or platinum + package

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 12, 2011 03:11

treaclefingers
thewatchman
treaclefingers
In 1981, the US had interest rates of near 20% and the economy was in shambles...interesting that they took 'Tattoo You' on the road rather successfully.

In 2002 they seemed to think it was ok to go on tour, after the collapse of the markets after 9/11.

U2 JUST completed the most successful tour in history.

Watchman, you don't know what you're talking about...give up already.

Good points, sure hope you are right, but that only addresses the economic issue. There are still safety concerns that are very real, and as I said, the world can change overnight and is getting more and more dangerous with each passing day. My guess is that Mick probably doesn't feel all that comfortable with the idea of touring these days from a safety point of view.

I think mick had a helluva lot more to worry about regarding 'safety' after Alamont and the Hell's Angels.

Not exactly: in 1981, I think they all had a helluva lot more to worry about regarding 'saftey' following the assassination of John Lennon.

There's always going to be nutcases. You just have to deal with them---and the Stones have done that remarkably for the last 45 years.

Date: August 12, 2011 03:28

stevecardi
treaclefingers
thewatchman
treaclefingers
In 1981, the US had interest rates of near 20% and the economy was in shambles...interesting that they took 'Tattoo You' on the road rather successfully.

In 2002 they seemed to think it was ok to go on tour, after the collapse of the markets after 9/11.

Good points, sure hope you are right, but that only addresses the economic issue. There are still safety concerns that are very real, and as I said, the world can change overnight and is getting more and more dangerous with each passing day. My guess is that Mick probably doesn't feel all that comfortable with the idea of touring these days from a safety point of view.

I think mick had a helluva lot more to worry about regarding 'safety' after Alamont and the Hell's Angels.

Not exactly: in 1981, I think they all had a helluva lot more to worry about regarding 'saftey' following the assassination of John Lennon.

There's always going to be nutcases. You just have to deal with them---and the Stones have done that remarkably for the last 45 years.

Yes, they've dealt with it so well. Say what you like about the Beatles but the Stones are the greatest band ever at not getting shot and for that I applaud them.
eye rolling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 12, 2011 03:35

stevecardi
treaclefingers
thewatchman
treaclefingers

I don't even know what you're getting at...I didn't say anything about safety 1981. I was comparing 1969 to now. You are free to compare 'safety' in 1981 to now, but I wasn't doing that.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 12, 2011 03:47

Was Any of this, The Stones discontinue touring due to World-Wide Economic Collapse & The Death of The West, in the Bible Code or a Nostradamus Quatrain???

Date: August 12, 2011 03:50

deadegad
Was Any of this, The Stones discontinue touring due to World-Wide Economic Collapse & The Death of The West, in the Bible Code or a Nostradamus Quatrain???

Mayan prophecy

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 12, 2011 04:09

Edith Grove
Mick is a rather astute businessman.

I'm sure he needs to see predictability in the economy, and until these governments can get a handle on things......well, that's all I'll say about that.

And that pretty much sums it up.thumbs up

Date: August 12, 2011 04:20

SoulPlunderer
I think The Rolling Stones should be the least of our worries if Western civilization is really coming to a crashing downfall.

Good thing it isn't.thumbs up

Exactly the point. People will be in survival mode (as many are today) and won't have the time or the money to spend on anything Stones related. You can bet your bottom dollar that Mick is keeping a close eye on the current world financial situation.

Date: August 12, 2011 04:25

treaclefingers
thewatchman
treaclefingers

His youthful nerves saw him through.

Date: August 12, 2011 04:31

SoulPlunderer
treaclefingers
thewatchman
treaclefingers

Yes, but we have to make every single world event relevant to the Stones in some way! winking smiley

Hopefully only when world events have a direct influence on them.

Date: August 12, 2011 04:32

Max'sKansasCity
Theres no business, like Show business... LIKE NO BUSINESS I KNOW!!!

Recession resistant... derpression resistant... riot resistant....
Heck, Nero had people buying tickets to see him play a
fiddle, when the devil went down to Georgia, as Rome burned.

...................................... THE DUDE ABIDES
..................... THE STONES WITHSTAND

Not to mention old ass Paul McCartney just completed a copy cat baseball park tour, which the Stones invented.......

THE STONES WILL ROLL...BANK ON IT!!!!!

Cool Poster!

Date: August 12, 2011 04:33

71Tele

It should unless you have enough in the bank to retire.

Date: August 12, 2011 04:35

thewatchman
71Tele

It should unless you have enough in the bank to retire.

On second thought let's hope you have enough stashed away in your attic!

Date: August 12, 2011 04:44

sweetcharmedlife
thewatchman
The real roadblock to any future Stones tour has little or nothing to do with Keith's book and the current status between Mick and Keith but rather the self destruction of the western world. With London burning and the United States destined to be a third world country (after it's soon to come economic collapse) the chances of any 2012 anniversary tour are looking slimmer and slimmer with each passing day. Can anyone blame them for not wanting to venture out into this type of environment? Could make Altamont look like a walk in the park! Man, do things change fast in our world today!
Yet all other aspects of life continue to go on in spite of the world's troubles. I showed up for work today just like normal. I wasn't shot or attacked. All over the world. Billions of people continue to live thier lifes as normally as possible. The music indudtry goes on. In San Francisco this weekend they're having a music festival where they expect 60,000 a day for three days. Somehow I think the Stones safety will not be in jeopardy. Unless they try to steal a TV with a gang of thugs while police shoot at them.

Doesn't really matter what you and I think, it's what is going on in Mick's mind that will ultimately determine whether the Stones tour again.

Date: August 12, 2011 04:56

thewatchman
SoulPlunderer
treaclefingers
thewatchman
treaclefingers

Yes, but we have to make every single world event relevant to the Stones in some way! winking smiley

Hopefully only when world events have a direct influence on them.

Or when people want to make up some rubbish to link then to riots.

Date: August 12, 2011 05:14

Dutch guy
Dutch guy says nothing to do with U2, world economy or dangerous environments, but fact that Stones are over. If we are honest this has been situation for little while. This is not slur on Stones (ROCK STONES!) - and not to anger Stones fans - but simply the end of the road guys. We love Stones but all things will end. But can still enjoy the music! Always have Stones to carry with us, but find other ways to rock! Salute Stones for long service! Now, what about future of the world?

Like I have said many times around here, they had one eye on 2012 since the last tour concluded in 2007, however, things can change overnight in an ever increasingly unstable world and what may have worked one year (U2 in 2011) may not work (Stones in 2012) the next. Rest assured Mick has his eye on the current world economic situation and if he feels a tour is going to be too risky a financial proposition and even potentially life threatening to himself and the band he will pass.

Date: August 12, 2011 05:43

corriecas
i think they will tour,
a few concerts in the summerof 2012, London, Paris and New York.
Thats it.
Fortunately, we have Ronnie and the Faces and Charlie touring, Bill Wyman and probably Mick taylor doing some gigs in Europe.
as for the Stones..............??????????
god only knows(good song title by the way).
byeeeeee
jeroen

If they ultimately end up doing just a few shows I will still be ecstatic. Just hope for something, anything.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 12, 2011 06:13

MKjan
The Stones could summon 1000 of the super wealthy around the world, and charge one million each.
One show and U2 record is gone. Yes, that wouldn't do wonders for the rest of us.

That wouldn't do anything to the U2 record. That's for a tour. What you described is not a tour by any means.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 12, 2011 07:45

Time ISN'T on their side. Keef has shown no signs of being able to play in public, let alone tour any more. If the Human Riff ain't able, the Stones ain't happening.

The state of the economy, Jagger's skills as a businessman, etc. are beside the point. It's been over for four years.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 12, 2011 07:58

DragonSky
MKjan
The Stones could summon 1000 of the super wealthy around the world, and charge one million each.
One show and U2 record is gone. Yes, that wouldn't do wonders for the rest of us.

That wouldn't do anything to the U2 record. That's for a tour. What you described is not a tour by any means.

True, it's not a tour, but it would be all the more remarkable for one show to eclipse an entire tour.

Date: August 12, 2011 10:50

ab
Time ISN'T on their side. Keef has shown no signs of being able to play in public, let alone tour any more. If the Human Riff ain't able, the Stones ain't happening.

The state of the economy, Jagger's skills as a businessman, etc. are beside the point. It's been over for four years.

Let's see what comes out of his work with the Winos before calling him off...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 12, 2011 10:55

......and work with Tom Waits which is rumoured to be released Sep-Oct

ROCKMAN

Date: August 12, 2011 11:12

Rockman

......and work with Tom Waits which is rumoured to be released Sep-Oct

Can't wait!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 12, 2011 11:36

.......... i get it ... i get it Dandelion ... Can't Tommy wait ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 12, 2011 16:32

MKjan
DragonSky
MKjan

True, it's not a tour, but it would be all the more remarkable for one show to eclipse an entire tour.

THAT would be impressive.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home