Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Has Bill ever attended a Stones show since he left?
Posted by: fate268 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 08:19

I wonder.... anyone know?

Re: Has Bill ever attended a Stones show since he left?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 10, 2011 08:22

I thought he was at one of the 02 Shows at the end of the ABB tour? I know he caught up with them during an after party/dinner..

Posted by: fate268 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 08:28

I heard he was at MSG near the start of the ABB Tour. I heard this. But am not sure.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 10, 2011 08:38

He was also at one of the Wembley shows in 1995.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: August 10, 2011 10:06

From "Rolling With The Stones" (about Wembley 1995):

Mick, Ronnie, Keith and Charlie introduced me to new bassist Darryl Jones and we talked about playing bass with the band.
I watched the Stones from the Royal Box, the first time I had ever seen them play...and I really rather liked it.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 10, 2011 10:11

rootsman
From "Rolling With The Stones" (about Wembley 1995):

Mick, Ronnie, Keith and Charlie introduced me to new bassist Darryl Jones and we talked about playing bass with the band.
I watched the Stones from the Royal Box, the first time I had ever seen them play...and I really rather liked it.

I'm sure he genuinely enjoyed it. Bill's not one to have sour grapes.

Did Keith ever attend any Mick Jagger solo concerts? winking smiley

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 10, 2011 10:16

Justin
I thought he was at one of the 02 Shows at the end of the ABB tour? I know he caught up with them during an after party/dinner..

Yes, I was backstage on the last O2 show and Bill was also there with his kids.
If he see the show, i don't know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-10 13:28 by steffiestones.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 10, 2011 11:04

For sure he was at the last O2 show

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: August 10, 2011 11:06

He was at one of the O2 shows in the audience - I shouted "hey Bill" as he walked to his seat and he smiled and waved. (to me and 5000 other people)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 10, 2011 11:16

......yeah 02 then later at Stones - Savoy Hotel private party

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 11:20

I recently read Bill say he was taking a seat in the audience at a Stones show when fans recognized him and started crowding him, and for his safety he was whisked backstage. His wife cried, moved by the sight of the fan adoration. Bill said it was really nice. I think he meant that the fan attention made him look important in his wife's eyes.

Reminds me of Patti Hansen saying that when she first started dating Keith he was "Just some guy." But then when she saw a crowd roar when Keith took the stage at her first Stones show, she started crying, thinking, "Everyone in this stadium wants him, but I'm the one going home with him."

Date: August 10, 2011 16:13

Has Mick Taylor ever been to any Stones shows since he left...apart from the one where he joined them onstage in 1981?

Date: August 10, 2011 16:19

Sleepy City
Has Mick Taylor ever been to any Stones shows since he left...apart from the one where he joined them onstage in 1981?

Astoria 2003 when he was supposed to join the Stones for Rock Me Baby. For some reason he decided not to do it in the last minute.

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: August 10, 2011 18:04

fate268
I heard he was at MSG near the start of the ABB Tour. I heard this. But am not sure.

Doubtful. Bill doesnt like to fly

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 18:14

steffiestones
Justin

Are you sure that's his kid, or his latest girlfriend?

(sorry...low blow, but I couldn't resist)

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 18:21

He also attended the 3rd Wembley Arena show in 2003

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 10, 2011 18:27

DandelionPowderman
Sleepy City

Astoria 2003 when he was supposed to join the Stones for Rock Me Baby. For some reason he decided not to do it in the last minute.

First I heard of that.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 10, 2011 18:30

I know of 3 shows where Bill has been in the audience ( along with myself) ;

Wembley 16th July 95

Wembley arena 15th Sept. 03 - Bass turned up incredibly loud for Daryll's IYCRM solo. They looked up to Bill's seats laughing.

and the last night at the o2 26th Aug 07 - his daughters sang back up on Sympathy.

sc uk

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 10, 2011 18:54

God, I miss him...

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: August 10, 2011 19:15

erikjjf
He was also at one of the Wembley shows in 1995.

Saw him backstage at that show

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 10, 2011 19:20

Edith Grove
DandelionPowderman
Sleepy City

First I heard of that.
Reason he didn't play the Astoria apparently was because he didn't turn up for the soundcheck. He was definitely in the audience there, though.
Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 10, 2011 19:23

thecitadel
He was at one of the O2 shows in the audience - I shouted "hey Bill" as he walked to his seat and he smiled and waved. (to me and 5000 other people)
Definitely was at the last O2 gig, he came to the O2 on the Thames Clipper same boat as Pam and myself, very courteous, talking to everyone. I walked into the O2 entrance alongside him. I remember the huge cheer he got when he came out from backstage before the show started !!

Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: August 10, 2011 19:32

What is incredible for me is that he never was invited to play a couple of numbers... We´ve seen the most strange guests with the Stones and Bill never ever got to play. Maybe he WAS invited but declined.

No one answered if Keith ever been to a Mick´s solo gig. I bet no.
Mick was in a Keith solo in London dough...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 10, 2011 19:51

steffiestones
Justin

Thanks for posting...it was this picture that I thought of when I read the original post.

Sure would be nice to get Bill to sit in for a song. It seems like Mick rolls his eyes at these "reunion" type things.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 11, 2011 01:09

Title5Take1
I recently read Bill say he was taking a seat in the audience at a Stones show when fans recognized him and started crowding him, and for his safety he was whisked backstage. His wife cried, moved by the sight of the fan adoration. Bill said it was really nice. I think he meant that the fan attention made him look important in his wife's eyes.

Reminds me of Patti Hansen saying that when she first started dating Keith he was "Just some guy." But then when she saw a crowd roar when Keith took the stage at her first Stones show, she started crying, thinking, "Everyone in this stadium wants him, but I'm the one going home with him."

Can you just imagine how proud she is going to be next summer when he takes the stage with the Stones to the roars of thousands? Cry me a river!

Date: August 11, 2011 01:21

thewatchman
Can you just imagine how proud she is going to be next summer when he takes the stage with the Stones to the roars of thousands? Cry me a river!

...And for those who think The Stones are too old: [uk.eurosport.yahoo.com]

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: August 11, 2011 01:27

According to The Rolling Stones Chronicle Bill left one show in 1994 (as an audience member), fuming, when he overheard Mick introducing the Stones' new bassist (Darryl Jones, obviously), "I know you're worried about our new bass player, but this time we got one that dances and smiles!"

~Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-11 01:28 by BrianJones1969.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1345
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home