Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT.Good Musicians who have Boring Stage Presence?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 9, 2011 16:53

Midnight Toker
clapton
dylan

Grrrr...angry smiley

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: August 9, 2011 18:39

Steely Dan and Yes are great collections of musicians who play very well live yet have zero stage persona.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: August 9, 2011 18:45

Ooh, snap!! I find Chris Squire to be quite charismatic, and he can play like a mofo obviously.

His Royal Bassness:

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 9, 2011 20:22

Did someone say McCartney?? You must be joking! In earnest Dylan ( so sorry, Gazza) I have seen him a few times and he is very dull, followed by Clapton and I love the man dearly but HE almost falls asleep!! Next would be the Cars in the 80's...like robots!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: August 9, 2011 21:27

Taylor, Clapton horrible??? where's your head at???

It's about the MUSIC being created on stage anyway, I didn't give a crap how much
someone was moving around, it was the MUSIC!!!!! and the Taylor Stones years
were the BEST I saw/ listened to...

MLC

Posted by: millerman60 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 01:07

Live performance is NOT just about the music. Back around 1977 I went to see Foreigner touring behind their first album supported by Cheap Trick and The Little River Band. The Little River Band and Foreigner basically stood still and played pristine, note-perfect recreations of their records, and I knew all of the songs. I had never heard of Cheap Trick before, but they blew the doors off the other two bands . They were loud and sloppy but put on a rock 'n roll SHOW. Foreigner and The Little River Band definitely played better, but they were boring. Cheap Trick were raw and exciting , and after that one performance, I became a life long fan.

Posted by: polythene sam ()
Date: August 10, 2011 01:28

The Eagles have always been in danger of being arrested for loitering while on stage.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 10, 2011 01:31

Once saw The Cars.

BORR-ring!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 10, 2011 02:47

Sting...saw him at Twickenham (Police) & he hardly said a word to the audience all night. Had a great big walkway either side of the stage that might as well not have been there.
Jeff Beck (Brighton, a couple of years ago)...a load of introspective twaddle, never said a word. Great if you're a guitar player (which I am btw) but forget it if you're not.
Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: August 10, 2011 03:00

King Crimson.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 10, 2011 03:21

Jesse1960
Steely Dan and Yes are great collections of musicians who play very well live yet have zero stage persona.

When the best-looking member of your band is called "Skunk", you know you've got some problems in the charisma department.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-10 03:41 by tatters.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 10, 2011 04:04

Agree with the consensus ... watching the Golf Channel is more exciting than watching an Eric Clapton concert.

I would add another ... Neil Young. He's an absolute genius, but has no stage presence whatsoever (IMO).

Drew

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 10, 2011 20:09

Neil Young??

Here you got him ducking and bobbing and swaying... and blowing away.

And has there ever been a greater guitar-solo grimace?

Neil is a lot of things...but I wouldn't call him boring.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 10, 2011 22:41

millerman60
Live performance is NOT just about the music. Back around 1977 I went to see Foreigner touring behind their first album supported by Cheap Trick and The Little River Band. The Little River Band and Foreigner basically stood still and played pristine, note-perfect recreations of their records, and I knew all of the songs. I had never heard of Cheap Trick before, but they blew the doors off the other two bands . They were loud and sloppy but put on a rock 'n roll SHOW. Foreigner and The Little River Band definitely played better, but they were boring. Cheap Trick were raw and exciting , and after that one performance, I became a life long fan.

Yeah, I saw Cheap trick in 1977 and also became a lifelong fan. Maybe the most underrated band ever. Zander's voice is a thing of wonder. Interesting (if sometimes quirky) songwriting. Lot sof fun live and on record.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 11, 2011 02:22

Yeah, I saw Cheap Trick in 2004 and they were AWESOME! Not sloppy at that point, very polished and high energy and just a great show! The crowd was very into them which spurred them on even further!( Saw them at the Palace Theatre in Albany, New York)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 11, 2011 02:28

I saw the Animals reunion some years ago with the entire band together. It was at Shea's theatre in Buffalo, their first North American show. Eric Burdon just stood at the mic and sang. No interaction with the band or audience. Seemed like he didn't want to be there.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 11, 2011 03:23

I always thought Van the Man was boring, so I thought I will post a boring stage presence.....but I found this one

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home