Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

more 78 tour footage?
Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: February 28, 2016 02:00

So I know the Stones released the excellent live in Texas 78 DVD a few years back. This is probably my favorite live footage of the band. Is there any more you think jn the vault from this tour?

Re: more 78 tour footage?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 28, 2016 02:16

Um what?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: February 28, 2016 02:34

Rich Stadium, Buffalo. 4th of July 1978

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 28, 2016 07:07

I was there! The jam during When the Whip Comes Down was unbelievable!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 28, 2016 08:10

I don't know about '78. It was a very limited tour, what? 14 dates? They sounded much better on that Texas DVD than when I heard them live in Cleveland. I'm not sure how much more interesting additional footage would be.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 28, 2016 08:13

My first Stones show was this tour in Boulder, CO. In a lot of ways, it is still the best on 1 I saw. 1981 in Seattle was pretty good, too. The bloat was on its way to taking over though. That was the 1st tour with a corporate sponsor. They went down to the crossroads...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 28, 2016 08:25

crholmstrom
My first Stones show was this tour in Boulder, CO. In a lot of ways, it is still the best on 1 I saw. 1981 in Seattle was pretty good, too. The bloat was on its way to taking over though. That was the 1st tour with a corporate sponsor. They went down to the crossroads...

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: February 28, 2016 10:30

Memphis and I think Oakland were filmed.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: March 1, 2016 06:30

Again...what were they thinking?...their biggest album ever in the States riding a #1 Single and a # Album and they kept the tour under wraps...what a mistake.

PECMAN

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 1, 2016 14:32

The tour was under wraps for several reasons. Keith was not in great shape. The premise that he would be going to jail for the Toronto bust was looming large over everyones heads. As a 16 year old fan at the time, I thought it was all over. The press coverage for 78 tour was brutal and was the beginning of all the cliches that are now common with the stones" too old, too rich, out of touch"

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: March 1, 2016 17:42

Rolling Stone magazine and others were too busy praising Springsteen to bother with the Stones. They called the Stones' show "miserable" compared to the Boss. Just insane garbage - the show in New Orleans was terrific. Van Halen, Doobie Brothers, The Rolling Stones. An incredible show and tour.

Date: March 1, 2016 22:49

I feel like 1978 was the live peak for the Stones. By far one of my most favorite tours.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 1, 2016 23:43

I was at the shoe tossing Anaheim Stadium show in 1978. It was my least favorite tour by the Stones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 1, 2016 23:44

You musta lost your sole ...

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home