Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones -Ed Sullivan Box Set From Sofa Entertainment?
Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: August 23, 2011 06:54

It will only be 4 shows instead of 6. The title of the set is 4 Ed Sullivan Shows Starring The Rolling Stones. SOFA Entertainment is the same company which released The Beatles set. The due date for the set to drop is October 4th. We'll just have to see if it actually follows through.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: August 23, 2011 23:44

72stones

How did you find this out? There is a list of two different release dates for Stones' Ed Sullivan show appearances. October 4 is the $ appearances, and November 1 is all six appearances. I don't know how to make sense of this. My friend believes that on October 4 will be four appearances with whole episodes, and the November 1 release is a DVD just consisting of Stones appearances and nothing else.

Rob

Date: August 24, 2011 06:03

Here's an update on the Ed Sullivan box set. This is directly from Sofa Entertainment.

As for the upcoming Stones collections, these are the full episodes, and the
Stones songs are definitely complete. Your only question is which set you
go for, as it will be available as a 3 episode set (found only at Walmarts),
a 4 episode set, and later in the year a 6 episode set. The episodes
contain the other acts that were on the shows that week as well. Thanks for
writing.

Date: September 4, 2011 00:15

Now the latest is that the Stones are trying to interfere with the Ed Sullivan Show DVD release. I don't know if they're trying to stop it, which I don't know how they could considering they don't own the footage or the music, or if they are trying to delay it's release so it doesn't interfere with either Mick's new SuperHeavy album or the Some Girls deluxe edition coming out. The details are not known as of right now. It's unbelievable how they try and do these things. We will have to keep out fingers crossed that the Stones can't prevent/delay the release of this. I know someone who saw the videos and said the clarity of the footage is unbelievable.

The plan was that on October 4 there will be two editions released. One is a Walmart exclusive only that will have three full, complete one hour episodes the Stones were on. The same day all the other retail outlets will have another release which will include four full, complete one hour episodes that the Stones were on. And on November 1st there will be a DVD that will contain all six full one hour episodes the band was on. Why they are releasing it like this I have no idea. So you're better off waiting until November 1st. Hopefully Sofa Entertainment will be able to release these as planned.

Rob

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 4, 2011 00:29

Is it the Stones that are trying to prevent this release, or the dreaded ABKCO ?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 4, 2011 00:42

I can't understand why they're trying to block it because both ABCKO and the Stones will get royalties.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 4, 2011 00:45

Silver Dagger
I can't understand why they're trying to block it because both ABCKO and the Stones will get royalties.

Could it be that the Stones and/or ABKCO are planning a similar release from that time period ?

Date: September 4, 2011 00:48

The music rights have already been cleared with Abkco a while ago. Someone at Abkco confirmed weeks ago that it was coming out. It's the Stones. They just did this over the last week. Someone very close to the Stones said they do stuff like this all the time. They either try to delay or block releases.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 4, 2011 00:53

originalstones
The music rights have already been cleared with Abkco a while ago. Someone at Abkco confirmed weeks ago that it was coming out. It's the Stones. They just did this over the last week. Someone very close to the Stones said they do stuff like this all the time. They either try to delay or block releases.

Then my bet is it's Mick because of the Super Heavy album coming out. It'll probably just be delayed for a few months.

Date: September 4, 2011 01:00

Edith Grove
Silver Dagger

Could it be that the Stones and/or ABKCO are planning a similar release from that time period ?

I don't think this is the case. I have an extremely reliable source and no such thing was said.

Date: September 4, 2011 01:09

Silver Dagger
originalstones

Then my bet is it's Mick because of the Super Heavy album coming out. It'll probably just be delayed for a few months.

Your guess is as good as mine. You could be right, this could very well be the case. But if this is the case and it's pushed back until next year then what are the Stones going to try and pull in 2012? I'm sure they have a few projects lined up for the 50th Anniversary. I'm sure Sofa Entertainment will not be happy about missing Christmas sales for this year if this is the case. I mean it's not like we can't buy more than one Stones' product. Stones fans have no problem dishing out hundreds of dollars for a single concert ticket. We can afford to buy both products.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 5, 2011 01:33

The Rolling Stones need to start embracing their history. The 60's is truly the best era of the band. If they are trying to block it you can be sure that it boils down to money. Their a funny band, their probably worried about the Sullivan release interfering with their upcoming projects Some Girls Deluxe & Mick's Superheavy project. Their worried about people not buying all the releases but yet they have no trouble charging 500 dollars per concert ticket. THen try to sell you shirts, hats, programmes etc....Amazing....C'mon guys..Give the Fans Something To Smile About. I realize that when ABKCO or another company(SOFA) puts out something from the 60's The Stones don't make much, Its time for the Stones & ABKCO to start working together. They had no trouble working together on the 40 Licks project.

SOULSURVIVOR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-05 01:34 by soulsurvivor1.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 5, 2011 04:51

originalstones
Hopefully Sofa Entertainment will be able to release these as planned.

Rob

Hopefully Sofa Entertainment will be able to release these at all!

But in this moment, one can only speculate about what exactly the Stones' objections are and what they are trying to achieve: Delay or full stop.

What's really strange is that there is already a release date, and once there is a release date one might assume that all necessary clearances are already in a "safe harbour" - and that includes the Stones, not only ABKCO.

Date: September 5, 2011 06:47

Sofa Entertainment was answering e-mails a week ago as well regarding the Stones release. They even were putting details about the release in their e-mails.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home