Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Why isn't Bill Wyman on this board?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 30, 2011 07:07

nobs
What @#$%& Rolling Stone would waste their time looking at this pointless crap?? Wake up and look at the world normally!

yeah, uh... ok.... whatever you say nobs.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: July 30, 2011 07:38

Bill is the coolest stone and my favorite.
Ok he didn't write all those great songs but so what
Cool is cool.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: July 30, 2011 07:49

M4000D
Bill is the coolest stone and my favorite.
Ok he didn't write all those great songs but so what
Cool is cool.

thumbs up. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 08:16

no Bill here because bv refused to pay him

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 08:25

Gazza
Thanks, Frank - well, the vasty majority of shows that the Stones have done in the last 40 years would have been recorded and (unless theyve been destroying tapes) would exist as a soundboard, even if its only in a raw, unmixed form.

As for the '73 video footage, have read a few times that it was filmed, so unless the tapes are unusable through decay, I cant imagine why theyd have thrown it out. They have a warehouse in London that stores all this stuff.

I don't know if you know but in France there was this guy Freddy Hausser (died in 2008), great reporter, TV director and photograph who filmed the Stones 73 75 76 tour.
He asked Mick Jagger if he could give the videos to fans but Mick refused except for the shows in Paris in June 76.

it's certain, you have tons of treasures everywhere in the world but they're locked away for the moment.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 30, 2011 12:13

My initial message was meant to be serious so I am in fact a little disappointed that nobody would like to ask Bill something serious.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: July 30, 2011 13:03

He's too old.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: July 30, 2011 15:27

Max'sKansasCity
You never know, maybe one of the cool (non troll) members here is him.

So it's def. not you then.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: July 30, 2011 16:04

Whats normal?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 30, 2011 19:58

saltoftheearth
My initial message was meant to be serious so I am in fact a little disappointed that nobody would like to ask Bill something serious.

I don't remember the question, but I did try to communicate with Bill on his blog. Never got a response. There are probably a lot of questions he has an answer for that the politically holds his tongue on. I'd love to know what Brian did specifically that finally turned Bill off. Or why did Bill go from standing to the side of Brian on stage to standing on the side of Keith. I just get the feeling that certain things are kept within the circle of the Stones, past or present member. That's why I was a little shocked in 'Stone Alone' when Bill saying he had to go cop some junk for Keith in Toronto. It smacked of the kind of inside dirt that could damage relationships within the band. I'm sure they all know a lot of unsavory things about each other that they keep to themselves.

So........Salt of the Earth.........what SERIOUS QUESTION would YOU have for William George Perks?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 30, 2011 20:08

two Qs
1)What inspired him to make the 30 year limit for his time in the Stones?
2)Does he regret, in anyway, abiding by that time limit and missing out on the money and fun times(smiles)(if he thought it was fun) which he would have had, if he stayed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-30 20:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 30, 2011 20:35

Because this board isn't metal

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: July 30, 2011 23:40

Bill doesn't have time...he is reading the romans of Violet le Roy

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 31, 2011 01:37

Bill asked to follow me on twitter...god knows why, i don't follow him. i've never contacted him and have no idea where he got my details from....very strange.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 31, 2011 01:52

crumbling_mice
Bill asked to follow me on twitter...god knows why, i don't follow him. i've never contacted him and have no idea where he got my details from....very strange.

Please tweet that I really liked Monkey Grip.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 31, 2011 09:06

How did he manage to stay out of jail when he was openly banging an underage girl when he was in his '40's?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 31, 2011 09:37

ohcarol
Yeah...storm the vaults.....call in the navy seals...were going in!!

Yeah Yeah, i'm in, lets go now.
Hurray for the SLA, watch your warehouse boys,. its taken too long.
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 31, 2011 09:51

The 50th Anniversary thing. . .. The Vaults . . .. As much as I want them to open. . .. They blew it already. . .. The market for them is by and large heading for retirement. . .. The old model of releasing them in hard format; i.e., Album(dinosaur), CD(dinosaur) has passed. . .. They tested the waters with Exile which was not bad . . .. These days the 'Old Model CD' would lead to torrents. . .. and no money, or not much. . .. And they are kind of about the money.

Bummer! Major.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 31, 2011 11:32

Maybe Bill is on the board, but he uses a nickname to cover his identity. Who knows everything about Stones shows? Who knows the statistics? The trivia? The setlists? GAZZA!!!! Gotcha Bill grinning smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 31, 2011 18:33

Maybe because he has a life!!!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 31, 2011 20:05

slew
Maybe because he has a life!!!

Yeah, I've got Life too. Great book but it doesn't devour my all time, I still have some time to visit this board in between chapters smileys with beer

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 31, 2011 22:02

He wrote two books? One that was a lot of bitching, the other that was, although it had some factual errors, outstanding (Rolling With The Stones).

Date: August 1, 2011 13:14

ab
How did he manage to stay out of jail when he was openly banging an underage girl when he was in his '40's?

Exactly those were the questions which I did not mean. This thread exclusively was intended to deal with Bill's role as the Rolling Stons archivist'.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 1, 2011 14:48

DragonSky
He wrote two books? One that was a lot of bitching, the other that was, although it had some factual errors, outstanding (Rolling With The Stones).

Strange that some poeple see it that way. I thought "A Stone Alone" was a good read; allthough a little bit focused on details; while "Rolling With the Stones" was nothing but a shortened version of "A Stone Alone" (added with brief facts/memories about the 70s/80s.)
I guess it's the layout of "Rolling With the Stones" that made this book get a much better respond than "A Stone Alone". Everything written in "Rolling With The Stones" has been written, even better and more detailed, by so many others. But "A Stone Alone" is unique. If one doesn't see the dry humour of Bill Wyman in his diaries; one surely loose a lot of the fun in that last mentioned book of his.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 1, 2011 22:56

He might anonymously throw in a correction now and then.... But this place would keep him busy.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 2, 2011 07:28

saltoftheearth
ab

Exactly those were the questions which I did not mean. This thread exclusively was intended to deal with Bill's role as the Rolling Stons archivist'.

He can't have it both ways: if he openly shows up here, he's gonna get hit with those questions. And if he can't handle 'em, then he goes away. People ain't squeamish here.

Besides, he isn't on the board because his only use for his fanbase is heterosexual gratification, and he otherwise only wants its money, about which he exhibits an anal retentive obsession. See Stone Alone.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 2, 2011 09:13

ab
Besides, he isn't on the board because his only use for his fanbase is heterosexual gratification, and he otherwise only wants its money, about which he exhibits an anal retentive obsession. See Stone Alone.

That 'anal retentive' trait enabled him to leave a work situation he was no longer satisfied with. Don't we all wish we had that power. Forget his hardscrabble post WWII working class background. As a Rolling Stone he had to fight for his share of the considerable pie. At one point during the non-touring mid-67 until late-69 period, he and Charlie were both in financial straits. I believe at one point he negotiated for a 5% piece of Jagger/Richard for himself and a 5% piece for Charlie. At least that's how I remember it. I known he negotiated a higher rate for him and Charlie and Charlie allegedly gave him a nice painting in return.

Jagger and Richard were making fantastic sums from the Stones while Bill and Charlie (and Brian too I assume) were struggling, with their big money coming from tours. I still read fans comments to this day that Bill is very nice to them when they approach him. I certainly don't begrudge Bill being obsessed about money. You think Mick and Keith will put up with each other one more time in 2012 out of love?

Date: August 4, 2011 17:29

24FPS
Jagger and Richard were making fantastic sums from the Stones while Bill and Charlie (and Brian too I assume) were struggling, with their big money coming from tours. I still read fans comments to this day that Bill is very nice to them when they approach him. I certainly don't begrudge Bill being obsessed about money. You think Mick and Keith will put up with each other one more time in 2012 out of love?

You could not have said it better. I still find A Stone Alone a great book to read because it offers unique insights into the history of the 1960s Rolling Stones. I wish he had written a sequel to it. And it is natural that there are tensions in a group that has been together for so long. I guess it is part of the creative process (could you imagine people who live in constant harmony making such great music?).

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home