Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

R.S. Detroit 08 July 2015
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 7, 2015 18:41

Fantastic sound of this video, with the guitar Ronnie very high in the mix.
[www.youtube.com]

Re: R.S. Detroit 08 July 2015
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 7, 2015 19:18

Great concert!!! I was able to get Lucky Dips and got good seats.

JMI was very cool to hear.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 7, 2015 19:24

Couldn't play video here in US, but was a great concert to be at!! Loved JMI!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 7, 2015 19:39

Seems I remember Detroit and Buffalo soundboard in circulation

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 7, 2015 21:36

Is there a complete multi-cam dvd floating around from this show ?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 8, 2015 00:20

Detroit's show was one of the best I have seen The Rolling Stones. They were on fire and the guitars were vicous. And you got to see Ronnie and Keith sharing the mic to harmonize on Just My Imagination! It was so good to see and really hit home how if they really wanted to, they could get rid of their back up singers and actually use the offcial band members!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 8, 2015 07:55

It's in the list here ......

[www.iorr.org]

You'll enjoy the show!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 8, 2015 12:02

Although I don't like Miss You, this version proves MJ as brilliant rhythm guitar player. Fantastic what he is doing on guitar ...

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 8, 2015 13:53

Yes, fabulous gig. And they played "Moonlight Mile" and "Shine a Light" there...

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 8, 2015 13:56

Sorry, apologize. It was Raleigh...

Date: December 8, 2015 13:59

Testify
Fantastic sound of this video, with the guitar Ronnie very high in the mix.
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for posting, but it sounds like an uneven, but good, smartphone recording which is a little light on bass.

Nice to hear Ronnie ripping it up thumbs up

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: December 8, 2015 19:30

This is a great video. I'd love to shake the hands of the guy(s) who put this together. The video is a beautifully edited collection of amateur phone videos married to a sound bed even more cool. The sound bed came first. It's several In Ear Monitor feeds combined with an excellent audience recording all balanced together to make the best non-soundboard I've ever heard. You can hear Mick talking to the band off mic between songs. The only odd thing about is that Ronnie is indeed up in the mix (and playing brilliantly) while Keith isn't as prevalent.

Date: December 8, 2015 22:51

The audio of this video impressed me, it is a unique document!

Date: December 8, 2015 23:39

rbk
This is a great video. I'd love to shake the hands of the guy(s) who put this together. The video is a beautifully edited collection of amateur phone videos married to a sound bed even more cool. The sound bed came first. It's several In Ear Monitor feeds combined with an excellent audience recording all balanced together to make the best non-soundboard I've ever heard. You can hear Mick talking to the band off mic between songs. The only odd thing about is that Ronnie is indeed up in the mix (and playing brilliantly) while Keith isn't as prevalent.

Consider your hand shaken thumbs up

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: December 9, 2015 13:33

Check this one out then...
[www.youtube.com]: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 9, 2015 14:19

An awesome gig - for sure! Thanks for sharing the video, a great memory.

Brought one of my buds from Ontario to the show, he was completely blown away needless to say! His 1st Stones show...

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: December 10, 2015 03:09

that was an awesome show for me. 10th row ronnies side. was actually a little skeptical , but the boys really brought it !! walking off the main floor after the show I asked a couple of guys who were in their early twenties "well what did you guys think of those old mother fu^%$#@ ? " the one guy said " they fuc$#@! rocked !! that was the best concert I have ever seen !! " put a shit eatin grin on my face . grinning smiley

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: December 10, 2015 15:08

I figure rock'n'roll "generations" turn over every five years or so. The Stones hadn't been to Detroit in a decade. I can't tell you how many youngish (20s, 30s) folks I've met who were blown away by the Detroit show. Forty years on I knew what to expect and they WERE exceptional that night but I heard it several times later: "If I'd have known they were that good I would have seen them a long time ago."

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 10, 2015 16:17

This sounds SOOOOOOO GREAT!
Thank you!

Date: February 10, 2016 21:42

Today I listened to this ... Ronnie should always be so high in the mix! Listen Ronnie is a pleasure in before they make me run is superb!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 11, 2016 03:19

This was a great concert. Took a friend, who I was worried that I would end up having to babysit, to their first Stones show.

He loved it, actually wore his concert the other day. Anytime the Stones are mentioned around him, Detroit comes up. Makes me kinda happy inside.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 08:19

When I try to pull up this video it says its blocked by Eagle Rock. Could this show be being considered for official release? That would be exciting since I attended this show!

Date: February 11, 2016 19:25

It's blocked in certain countries, I don't know why. The DVD is in stones vault

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home