Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Would You Welcome The Return Of Bill Wyman And Mick Taylor In 2012?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 19, 2011 21:29

OpenG
MT gone downhill - what he proved in 2010 with so little involement on PMS and his guitar in the background throuhgout enriches and makes you listen to the beautiful melody. makes PMS a song worthy of being on EXILE.

play the guitar boy

he did nothing that any other guitarest couldn't do. Even some playing local bars.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 19, 2011 21:29

Yes. It will probably happen.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:21

Let's HOPE it happen's, give Taylor a few weeks to work with the Glimmer twins
and he'll "ADD" something they NEED right about now!!!

MLC

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:23

MCDDTLC
Let's HOPE it happen's, give Taylor a few weeks to work with the Glimmer twins
and he'll "ADD" something they NEED right about now!!!

MLC

Could not agree more. Would not hurt if he also got in better physical shape.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:25

Six out of seven of the original Stones, all together on one stage! It would be a wish come true for Stones fans!

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:39

I'd love to see Bill Wyman back, but I hate three guitar bands with a passion. That being said, Wyman has made his point pretty clear on numerous occasions that he wants no part of it.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: July 19, 2011 23:45

hell yeah!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 01:14

Amsterdamned
DandelionPowderman
@ Amsterdamned:

Sorry to hear what? They are both fromn the same "British Blues School", studying at the same "Bluesbreakers-school" and both are known for their loose and free solo-playing, not bothering to keep the rhythm going for too long at the time.

Both were fantastic players in the 60s and early 70s. To me, they seem to have a lot in common.

And, while we´re at it, both regretfully went in a sad direction with their music as well as with their drug abuse. After all they were two of the greatest blues players out there.

Today, they have gone back to their roots. One is playing stadiums, the other is doing seedy bars. THAT is sad.

I'am not going to quarrel about this DP,
but Ron a blues player-compared to Taylor?
Gimme a break. confused smiley

Ron is playing stadiums cause he's with the Stones for 35 years.
God knows where he would have ended if he had the guts, just like Taylor, to leave the Stones, or got kicked out in the early 8-tees (he nearly got), cause he was drugged out. One can only guess.

The reason why Mick is playing small bars is cause he does't have the "entertainment factor" Ron has plus he's no natural songwriter, and god knows what else.

But you're right, both had a lot in common: sex drugs and R&R and it's good to see they are still friends.

I think DandelionPowderman was comparing Clapton with Taylor. Not Wood.

Posted by: Swedgen72 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 05:36

DandelionPowderman
Listen to Clapton from the same era as when Taylor played with the Stones. Both fluid lead players similar in style, and both quite limited rhythm players.

I disagree with that. Clapton yes, but Taylor played pretty decent rhythm at times with the Stones. "Hip Shake" on Exile is him, as is the main riff of "Bitch". Watch "Ladies and Gentlemen" or listen to the new and thankfully remixed "Ya-Ya's", there's nothing wrong with his rhythm playing when Keith does the Chuck Berry stuff.

Richards / Taylor is still the all-time guitar tag team in rock and roll history. Partly because it wasn't just a rhythm and lead thing, they could and did swap roles on occasion.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 20, 2011 07:32

nonfilter
I'd love to see Bill Wyman back, but I hate three guitar bands with a passion. That being said, Wyman has made his point pretty clear on numerous occasions that he wants no part of it.

[www.non-filters.com]

If you hate three-guitar bands you must hate the Rolling Stones of Some Girls vintage...I normally dislike three guitars as well, but this is different. You'd have the original guitarists who played on recordings from 1969 onwards and you have frankly, a guitar section that is much less formidable than it used to be, so the "extra" guitar would not be a bad thing. Hell, let Mick play on Sway and Stop Breaking Down and have four!

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 20, 2011 08:36

nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

Seemed to work pretty well for Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Posted by: Swedgen72 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 09:48

71Tele
If you hate three-guitar bands you must hate the Rolling Stones of Some Girls vintage...I normally dislike three guitars as well, but this is different. You'd have the original guitarists who played on recordings from 1969 onwards and you have frankly, a guitar section that is much less formidable than it used to be, so the "extra" guitar would not be a bad thing. Hell, let Mick play on Sway and Stop Breaking Down and have four!

Might as well, he's on the original!

Date: July 20, 2011 11:03

Swedgen72
DandelionPowderman
Listen to Clapton from the same era as when Taylor played with the Stones. Both fluid lead players similar in style, and both quite limited rhythm players.

I disagree with that. Clapton yes, but Taylor played pretty decent rhythm at times with the Stones. "Hip Shake" on Exile is him, as is the main riff of "Bitch". Watch "Ladies and Gentlemen" or listen to the new and thankfully remixed "Ya-Ya's", there's nothing wrong with his rhythm playing when Keith does the Chuck Berry stuff.

Richards / Taylor is still the all-time guitar tag team in rock and roll history. Partly because it wasn't just a rhythm and lead thing, they could and did swap roles on occasion.

Yes, he played some decent rhythms, and I agree with your examples here.

But there really aren´t that many examples of Taylor being a great rhythm player. IMO, that is mainly due to Taylor not being patient enough to get the groove going. I suspect that is the case with Clapton, too.

@ Amsterdamned: I was comparing Taylor and Clapton.

However, Ronnie was blasting the blues greatly around the same era:

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 20, 2011 11:33

Mick T. is going downhill, unfortunately. The few times I saw him in the last 2 years, incl. 100 Club and Ambassador, he looked uncomfortable at the stage. As much as I love him, he would not do much good to the Stones anymore.

Bill W. is something different. He has aged really well, his playing is great, and he would fit perfectly.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2011 11:40

Amsterdamned: I was comparing Taylor and Clapton.

<DP>

Auch, painfull!!

Date: July 20, 2011 12:04

Amsterdamned
DandelionPowderman
@ Amsterdamned:

Sorry to hear what? They are both fromn the same "British Blues School", studying at the same "Bluesbreakers-school" and both are known for their loose and free solo-playing, not bothering to keep the rhythm going for too long at the time.

Both were fantastic players in the 60s and early 70s. To me, they seem to have a lot in common.

And, while we´re at it, both regretfully went in a sad direction with their music as well as with their drug abuse. After all they were two of the greatest blues players out there.

Today, they have gone back to their roots. One is playing stadiums, the other is doing seedy bars. THAT is sad.

I'am not going to quarrel about this DP,
but Ron a blues player-compared to Taylor?
Gimme a break. confused smiley

Ron is playing stadiums cause he's with the Stones for 35 years.
God knows where he would have ended if he had the guts, just like Taylor, to leave the Stones, or got kicked out in the early 8-tees (he nearly got), cause he was drugged out. One can only guess.

The reason why Mick is playing small bars is cause he does't have the "entertainment factor" Ron has plus he's no natural songwriter, and god knows what else.

But you're right, both had a lot in common: sex drugs and R&R and it's good to see they are still friends.

Do you think Clapton has "the entertainment factor"??

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:15

Do you think Clapton has "the entertainment factor"??<DP>

Nice switch.smiling smiley

In a certain way: yes.

He really could sing and was a good guitarplayer in his Cream period.
And he was quite charismatic -in in a sad way- during his drugged years. Not as funny as Ron though.

Btw, your previous Ron post: that's the way I like him.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:17

Nope, I will throw Stones at them if they show up...Rolling Stones...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:23

Yes

Date: July 20, 2011 12:26

Amsterdamned
Do you think Clapton has "the entertainment factor"??<DP>

Nice switch.smiling smiley

In a certain way: yes.

He really could sing and was a good guitarplayer in his Cream period.
And he was quite charismatic -in in a sad way- during his drugged years. Not as funny as Ron though.

Btw, your previous Ron post: that's the way I like him.

That´s the way I like him, too smiling smiley

BTW, here´s Clapton at his prime. Very similar in style to Taylor, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-20 12:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 20, 2011 12:37

Swedgen72
DandelionPowderman

There is an enormous difference in the groovy studio version of Bitch and how the riff was played live during the Taylor-era. That has lead me and others to question whether Taylor played the riff on the studio version or not. If he did, he certainly did a great job.

However, the rhythm playing on the live versions of Bitch doesn´t impress me at all.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:48

Well, the Rolling Stones surely could hold a special reunion anniversary kind of gig with all living former members joining them on stage (at least those who still play music). I'm not limiting that to Wyman or Mick Taylor. There used to be Dick Taylor and there were several drummers as well before Charlie Watts.

Yet, still I guess Mick Taylor would have another great solo album in him.

Date: July 20, 2011 12:59

billwebster
Well, the Rolling Stones surely could hold a special reunion anniversary kind of gig with all living former members joining them on stage (at least those who still play music). I'm not limiting that to Wyman or Mick Taylor. There used to be Dick Taylor and there were several drummers as well before Charlie Watts.

Yet, still I guess Mick Taylor would have another great solo album in him.

With original material? He´s been playing the same set for decades now.

Would be interesting if he did, though.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: July 31, 2011 08:05

Yes I Would..As Many Original Stones As Possible Including Ron Of Course.

You Could Have Set Lists That Go In Chonological Order..Adding & Subtracting Members as needed.

Then Everone onstage for the finale

Soulsurvivor

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 31, 2011 08:22

Wyman back? THRILLING thought.

Mick Taylor, too? Sounds good to me.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 31, 2011 08:56

More Hot Rocks
OpenG
MT gone downhill - what he proved in 2010 with so little involement on PMS and his guitar in the background throuhgout enriches and makes you listen to the beautiful melody. makes PMS a song worthy of being on EXILE.

play the guitar boy

he did nothing that any other guitarest couldn't do. Even some playing local bars.

B efn S

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 31, 2011 09:11

Taylor's been in bad health for a few years. But he might be OK for a night.

Wyman doesn't seem interested.

Anyway, it would seem to be a moot point. They seem to have been done since 2007.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 31, 2011 18:38

I would really welcome back both of them but I don't beleive Mick and Keith would. They may take Bill but not Mick T.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 31, 2011 18:43

Would be f... Great.
Ronnie and Mick taylor would be a lot of fun, especially for Ronnie.
he seems to have more fun with Taylor than with Keef at this moment of time.

However.............i dont think it will happen
byeeeee
jeroen

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: July 31, 2011 19:17

I think if it happpens which is slim it will be a one off concert. Of course they have to rehearse together first and see how that goes.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home