Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: "Beatles Reunion" at the 2012 Olympics?
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 12, 2011 22:20

Please NO!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 12, 2011 22:28

mickscarey
Please NO!

Sorry, it's a Done Deal!

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: July 12, 2011 22:31

No...I won't happen. Rumours like that have been around from time to time since Live Aid in 1985. There'll be no Beatles following december 1980.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: July 12, 2011 22:43

I don't think they would bill it as "The Beatles" but it is likely to happen in one form or another.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 12, 2011 23:18

Is everybody ready? ....... for the Olympics in London? getting ready?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 12, 2011 23:54

Paul McCartney and Ringo are secretly planning to compete in the synchronized
swimming event.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 13, 2011 03:25

James Kirk
I don't think they would bill it as "The Beatles" but it is likely to happen in one form or another.

I seriously doubt that, to be honest.....

..and the Beatles weren't a London band, which makes it less likely.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: July 13, 2011 03:34

Yeah, but McCartney is already hinting at it and did not deny any of the stories. I think that it will happen. My bigger question is will the Stones be involved on any level? It has been rumored for over a year that Jagger was approached to be involved.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: July 13, 2011 14:42

71Tele
NedKelly
Blue
Jah Paul
James Kirk
Pretty insulting if the promoters would prefer half of the Beatles to close the show than the 100% intact Rolling Stones to close it out.

Well, depending on how some of us old-timers look at it, 60% intact is more accurate.
Yeah.. But the old timers could reach a max of 80% if Bill would show up.... And imagine, for those that prefer the Taylor era, if both Bill and Taylor show up they have their 100%.

The Stones with Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie and Bill is 100% Stones. Taylor is no longer a guitarist in the band. Ronnie has been a full time member three times longer than Brian and Taylor combined.

My wish for The Stones would be Bill back in the game, then we would have the famous roll back and the band would be running on all cylinders.

No, the real Rolling Stones is the version with Bill and Taylor. Legitimacy is gained by the quality of work done by that lineup, not simple longevity of a member. Ronnie could be in the band for 100 years and not gain the same legitimacy. I will always think of him as a replacement.

Obviously this is a matter of taste, but to say that Ronnie hasn't done quality work that equals Taylors is really quite strange to me. As far as I am concerned it was Keith and Mick who were on their hights artistically and creativly, and peaked around 69 - 73. Taylor is no doubt a very good blues guitarist and did a lot to the sound of the Stones at that time, but he had little to do with the creation of the music. Ronnie has had a lot of influence on the songs, he plays a lot of different instruments, just as Brian did, and remember - he was picked out by Keith to be his sideman, in a heavy competition with a buch of brilliant mucisians. And if he is good enough for Keith, Mick and Charlie to stay in the band as a lifelong member, I think he has the legitimacy needed by far. I even think that if he'd been around in the beginning there would have been no Taylor in the band in the first place.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 13, 2011 14:56

Olympics are almost as big a joke as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 13, 2011 15:46

James Kirk
Yeah, but McCartney is already hinting at it and did not deny any of the stories. I think that it will happen.

True, the Beatles have, after all, sullied their legacy by doing so many tenuous reunions in the last 40 years where they've co-opted in band members relatives to make it look authentic. I'm sure they could be easily persuaded once again. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 13, 2011 18:35

stonescrow
mickscarey
Please NO!

Sorry, it's a Done Deal!

That is so funny. Where do you come up with this stuff

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: July 13, 2011 18:54

The Beatles would be great, the Stones would be a disaster. Can you imagine the Stones coming up and Keef playing the wrong riff out of line, out of time and out of tune??? It would make the Stones the laughing stock of the world. Serious, a Rolling Stones last show with Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor next to Wood and maybe even Dick Taylor the original Stone with heavy support of the back-up musicians could be absolute sublime, but as long as Keef wants to hold a guitar in his claws on stage now it would be an absolute disaster. If we have to choose between half the Beatles and a complete (with Keef) Rolling Stones we'd better off with half the Beatles.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:02

James Kirk
Pretty insulting if the promoters would prefer half of the Beatles to close the show than the 100% intact Rolling Stones to close it out.

No not insulting it is commen sense. These guys are not stupid, they don't want it to be ruined by a disfunctional band (member), you can betcha that they have looked up the Stones functioning ability. The Beatles again on stage even if it is half would be a worldwide sensation, the Stones with Keef would be a joke.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:39

Irregardless of the % percentages in the current Stones and Fab Faux reunion that comment about hologram and Cardboard cutouts could apply to Keith and Ron. Will Ron be sober? Will Keith be healthy enough to play half-way-decent? Otherwise put some Cardboard cutouts up there instead or go with the Fab Faux and some other younger acts as well.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:43

Jeez, if Paul dies next (sorry Paul) will people consider an appearance by Ringo to be a "Beatles Reunion"?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 13, 2011 19:47

71Tele
Jeez, if Paul dies next (sorry Paul) will people consider an appearance by Ringo to be a "Beatles Reunion"?
Always with the happy, "feel good", comments.

Date: July 13, 2011 20:41

mickscarey
stonescrow
mickscarey
Please NO!

Sorry, it's a Done Deal!

You will have your day, mickscarey! Next year when the Stones do Hyde Park to kick off their 50th anniversary tour, you can stand tall and proud and tell the world, "I Told You Naysayers So"! One for mickscarey, make that two, for mickscarey!smileys with beer

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 13, 2011 21:01

Elmo Lewis
Olympics are almost as big a joke as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
I wouldn't go that far Elmo. I still like watching the competitions. Not too big on the ceremonies though.

Date: July 13, 2011 21:05

stonescrow
mickscarey
stonescrow
mickscarey
Please NO!

Sorry, it's a Done Deal!

You will have your day, mickscarey! Next year when the Stones do Hyde Park to kick off their 50th anniversary tour, you can stand tall and proud and tell the world, "I Told You Naysayers So"! One for mickscarey, make that two, for mickscarey!smileys with beer

Fabulous and funny post!

Date: July 13, 2011 21:19

mickscarey
stonescrow
mickscarey
stonescrow
mickscarey
Please NO!

Sorry, it's a Done Deal!

Fabulous and funny post!

Your faith in the Stones has not gone unnoticed.

The Watchcrowsmoking smiley

Date: July 13, 2011 22:14

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Always with the happy, "feel good", comments.

Well, I do feel pretty good...

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: July 13, 2011 22:51

A Beatles reunion at the olympics could only happen if they have a couple bullets left over after the shooting events.

Date: July 13, 2011 23:01

doubledoor
A Beatles reunion at the olympics could only happen if they have a couple bullets left over after the shooting events.

Classy.

Date: July 13, 2011 23:28

doubledoor
Sick fvck.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 14, 2011 01:24

Ridiculous!!!! John Lennon and George Harrison are dead. There is no Beatles anymore. The Beatles were a 7 year phenom and they are gone. This is utter nonsense. I don't want the Stones to open the olympics either.

Date: July 14, 2011 01:28

slew
Ridiculous!!!! John Lennon and George Harrison are dead. There is no Beatles anymore. The Beatles were a 7 year phenom and they are gone. This is utter nonsense. I don't want the Stones to open the olympics either.
A 7 year phenom? They're still selling tons of records today.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 14, 2011 01:30

Sweetcharmedlife - I realize that I am not stupid but there is no chance and never has been a real chance of a Beatles reunion since December 8, 1980. Their albums are fantastic and will sell years from now but as a band it was all done in an amazing 7 year period.

Date: July 14, 2011 05:18

Beatles At The Olympics? Don’t Hold Your Breath

Posted on Wednesday July 13, 2011 at 03:01 PM 2|
The rumor mill has been cranking out a big one this week – A Beatles reunion at the 2012 London Olympics.

Apparently the latest Beatles rumor has its roots in London’s The Sun, which claimed organizers were trying to get surviving members Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr to perform together at the Olympics opening ceremony. Citing a recent McCartney appearance on U.S. television, the paper quoted Macca as answering a question about the Olympics by saying, “I hear there’s a rumour that I might be involved,” and following up the answer with “I hear they’re planning this sort of music.”

The Sun also suggested that John Lennon and George Harrison might be represented by their kids.

However, Julian Lennon, Lennon’s son with his first wife, Cynthia Lillian Powell, says it ain’t gonna happen, stating the obvious reasons.

“There will never be a Beatles reunion, because two of the members of the band have since passed … And no one could, or should try to replace them … End of … x,” Lennon wrote on his Facebook page.

Evidently McCartney and Starr have also dissed the rumors. According to an article on Examiner.com, McCartney referred to Beatles reunion talk as “tabloid stuff” while Starr’s representative said, “This is not true.”

But will the rebuttals put an end to the current Beatles reunion rumors? Probably not. After all, the Brit tabloids still need to publish something tomorrow, and it’s pretty much a proven fact that Beatles stories, even the wildest rumors, are still guaranteed to sell newspapers.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: July 15, 2011 11:07

The Beatles will never reunite. Paul and Ringo have taste enough to not let that happen. To play a couple of songs together, make records together and stuff like that, sure that might happen from time to time, but definetely not under the name of The Beatles. They are still friends, and of course they might play together, but no way as the Beatles. And why on earth should John and Georges kids be in a Beatles reunite? If that was the case, no band would ever die. Just let the kids step in as their parents passes, and the band will live for ever.... It's just completely pointless and meaningless. It will just be as another cover band. As a matter of fact I even think that that is what Paul does to, when he plays the old Beatles songs. I love the songs, and I wouldn't stop him from doing it, but he and his band still works as a cover band imo.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home