Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Heartbreaking picture of Brian
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: July 2, 2010 04:21

First time for me to see this picture. He looks absolutely wasted. And his two mates don't seem to give a shit.

Re: Heartbreaking picture of Brian
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: July 2, 2010 04:23

punkfloyd
First time for me to see this picture. He looks absolutely wasted. And his two mates don't seem to give a shit.

maybe that's because they're wasted too

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 2, 2010 04:25

Rollin' Stoner
punkfloyd

not sure why Stoner...but that comment made me laugh out loud (or is it aloud).

actually Mick looks (obviously) the most sober....he's saying "can you believe I've hitched my career to these 2?"

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 2, 2010 04:29

Well said ,,

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 2, 2010 04:29

"Brian was still alive then, definitely a phased-out person, a sad character. Sometimes when we'd begin playing, Brian would grab a harp and start blowing into a mike. But most of the time he just sat in a corner, sleeping or crying. Jagger was always very contemptuous of Brian and told him he was washed up. "

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 2, 2010 04:32

Rollin' Stoner
punkfloyd

lol - I was going to say Keith looks like he's had a nip of whatever Brian's on winking smiley

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: July 2, 2010 04:48

Since Brian's in a suit, I think that's after a trial where he was acquitted. Keith and Mick showed up for support, and a show of unity, so I don't think it's quite as sad as it may look. If I'm right, since it was after a trial, Brian is likely sober, he tended to look pretty out of it in general at that time, regardless. However, he could have taken some pills or something, or it may have been after they had hit the pub for a little celebration.

Anyone else got any more concrete details about this photo, and the events around it?

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: July 2, 2010 05:58

bustedtrousers
Since Brian's in a suit, I think that's after a trial where he was acquitted. Keith and Mick showed up for support, and a show of unity, so I don't think it's quite as sad as it may look. If I'm right, since it was after a trial, Brian is likely sober, he tended to look pretty out of it in general at that time, regardless. However, he could have taken some pills or something, or it may have been after they had hit the pub for a little celebration.

Anyone else got any more concrete details about this photo, and the events around it?

If I remember the story correctly, this was Brian's 2nd drug bust, Sept, 68. And yes, Mick & Keith showed up in 'support' of Brian.

My take on the pic itself, is I don't really see him as 'wasted' although this was obviously one of the lowest (if not the lowest) part of his life. I kinda see him as happy as hell he ain't goin to prison, and Mick & Keith seem relieved too.

again ... just my 2 cents worth.

Now what's REALLY sad, as I was sitting here writing this I saw the date ... it was 41 years ago tonight ....
--------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2010 06:10

He actually looks fairly good and sober there. I've seen MUCH worse photo's and footage of him...like in this clip.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 2, 2010 07:06

a long time ago i seen a pic of brian while he was on an acid trip which was much sadder to see not to mention it freaked me out because his eyes looked like they were bulging out of his head.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 2, 2010 07:36

hard knox and durty sox boy

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 2, 2010 07:39

That picture looks different than the other ones I've seen (of the same photo). Brian's eyes look much darker (like a bad mascara job). I'm not saying it's been changed on purpose, it just looks different. Those bags under his eyes, though.
And he's only 27 in this photo. Wow.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: July 2, 2010 08:44

MissNBrian
bustedtrousers

If I remember the story correctly, this was Brian's 2nd drug bust, Sept, 68. And yes, Mick & Keith showed up in 'support' of Brian.

My take on the pic itself, is I don't really see him as 'wasted' although this was obviously one of the lowest (if not the lowest) part of his life. I kinda see him as happy as hell he ain't goin to prison, and Mick & Keith seem relieved too.

again ... just my 2 cents worth.

Now what's REALLY sad, as I was sitting here writing this I saw the date ... it was 41 years ago tonight ....
--------------------------------

Yeah that's what I was thinking, and now that I look at it again, I don't think Brian was high, just in rough shape overall. Look at how swollen his eyes are.

I think Mick is sober too, but Keith? He's flying.

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: July 2, 2010 08:45

Its after the trial and was the first time Stanley Booths (RS mag) writing skills caught the bands attention and built the trust that allowed him to write his masterpiece.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2010 09:35

.....Brian's more like drained .... And Mick Keith turned up
ta offer support so can't see how ya get that don't give a shit stuff ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 2, 2010 17:06

i was just going to echo what Rockman said about showing up to offer support for Brian. How can we tell what they are thinking from a photograph?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 2, 2010 17:30

Yeah, I think Brian was really washed up in general, but pretty happy at that exact moment.

His appearance in the We Love You video is the most wasted looking rock star I've ever seen in my life.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 2, 2010 17:47

That to me is a photo of a very relived man, but one who is absolutely shattered from the pressures that come from being busted, the months of waiting for trial(May - September!) then the trial itself.

Having been through it themselves, despite their supposed increasing differences, Mick and Keith knew exactly how he felt.

Date: July 2, 2010 19:06

Happier times. Brian looks around 19 in this photo

Date: July 2, 2010 19:23

i never had the impression that mick and keith disliked brian but were fustrated because his drug use was hurting the band. when you're fustrated at someone you my say and do things to upset them just to let off steam. who knew he was was going to die? they were not psychic (that i know of) i think alot of keith's issues with drug abuse was internal guilt over that and taking anita away from him. i always felt that when keith stopped using heroin he left anita because he would always tempted to start up again because of the guilt.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 2, 2010 19:31

punkfloyd - how on earth can you say that Mick and Keith "don't give a shit" - based on that photograph?
Pals who put your arms around you like that, lovingly and triumphantly on your behalf, pals who show up at your court case to support you... They care.
Actually they were saddened by Brian's selfdestructive behaviour. They were worried and they cared. They hated seing what he did to himself. The entire band worried and cared.
So don't even try to build a myth like that. It doesn't honour Brian's memory,and his two pals don't deserve being lied about like that.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 2, 2010 19:33

From this great site: [minimadmodmuses.multiply.com]

A few more from that day, with Suki.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 2, 2010 19:51

Addicted
punkfloyd - how on earth can you say that Mick and Keith "don't give a shit" - based on that photograph?
Pals who put your arms around you like that, lovingly and triumphantly on your behalf, pals who show up at your court case to support you... They care.
Actually they were saddened by Brian's selfdestructive behaviour. They were worried and they cared. They hated seing what he did to himself. The entire band worried and cared.
So don't even try to build a myth like that. It doesn't honour Brian's memory,and his two pals don't deserve being lied about like that.
Publicity? The need to show that the band were united in front of the press?

I'd say that they most likely had those feelings you described. But it wasn't all like that. Read about it. The inner struggle with Brian on one side and Mick and Keith at the other is documented. They acted like two first class a-holes towards Brian and Brian..well, we all know his problems. It's not a myth even though I highly doubt that they "hated" him. But they weren't acting like two caring friends either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-02 19:52 by tonterapi.

Date: July 2, 2010 20:06

Brian himself was accused of being a spoiled a-hole. Supposedly he would beat up some of his girlfriends? Is that true? Can't blame K&M, they told Brian to get his head together. Sleeping in the corner and crying at the studio was a waste of time for everyone involved.

Date: July 2, 2010 20:12

tonterapi
Addicted
Publicity? The need to show that the band were united in front of the press?

I'd say that they most likely had those feelings you described. But it wasn't all like that. Read about it. The inner struggle with Brian on one side and Mick and Keith at the other is documented. They acted like two first class a-holes towards Brian and Brian..well, we all know his problems. It's not a myth even though I highly doubt that they "hated" him. But they weren't acting like two caring friends either.

i look at it this way. being in a band is like having a job. and if someone's not doing their job it tends to piss off eveyone else. i know i've said and done mean things at work when i've had to bust my ass while the person next to me goofs off and out of fustration become an @#$%& to that person even if they're my best friend.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 2, 2010 20:41

From another perspective, the worst picture of Brian in the sixties is better than he looks today. Not really being ghoulish, but at least he was alive.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 2, 2010 20:58

mitchflorida
Brian himself was accused of being a spoiled a-hole. Supposedly he would beat up some of his girlfriends? Is that true? Can't blame K&M, they told Brian to get his head together. Sleeping in the corner and crying at the studio was a waste of time for everyone involved.

Beating up girlfriends? Yes. Including Anita. She got badly bruised in Morocco.

And those of Brians passionate fans who've tried to turn him into a saint post morten and denying all his bad sides, just seem pathetic. He was an assh*le, but a very talented musician, when he cared to. Playing "popeye the sailor man" and sabotaging the band's shows, showing up too wasted to go on stage etc are among his not so good sides. Beating up women, not caring for his 4 kids... I think that qualifies for the assh*le logo.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 2, 2010 21:43

well, keith doesn't look better..

Posted by: dingq ()
Date: July 2, 2010 23:18

Some things that should not be forgotten: all the a-holes around them, making a lot of money (stealing a lot of money) by abusing them and making their lives a mess, swirling around them, as also that German bitch, causing a lot of problems, getting her kicks off the attention SHE gets, a hoo*er, sleeping with about everyone of them, and then along with it that dreadfull job: musician.

Come on, that video of "We love you" is just showing a musician who is deadly tired of playing all the takes over and over again. Please, understand, it's a hell of a job. And the gnats flying around them make it even worse, giving you the feeling you are a king, while in fact you are a working class slave.

Their overcrowded scheme, the stupid scene and a profiteer, disguised as a builder, killed him.

Let's keep in mind. he was the one who made the songs BEAUTIFUL, being the most talented of them all.

Date: July 2, 2010 23:27

At this point, Brian was prettier than Anita was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-02 23:28 by mitchflorida.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1561
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home