Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Just What Exactly Can The Stones Do To Get You Excited Again?
Posted by: Swedgen72 ()
Date: July 15, 2011 08:58

resotele
I would be happy and enthusiastic with

- a live-anthology 1962 - 1967 (multi cd-set with bonus dvd)
- a live-anthology 1969 - 1973 (multi cd-set with bonus dvd)

- a live anthology 1975 - 1982 (multi cd-set with bonus dvd)
- a live-anthology 1983 - 2007 (cd-ep, no dvd)

- a new record of blues, soul and rocksongs

- and a never ending tour through theaters, clubs, bars, playing the decca-lp's

Dream on, baby

Just the first two would absolutely make my year. Here's hoping.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: July 15, 2011 21:02

They always excite me! Anyway, I would suggest that they should bring back the 1995 club and arena "mood" (Paradiso, Brixton etc) where they got people to really LISTEN to their music and the band really delivered! Did the same thing in 1969 after the "rave party" atmosphere of their earlier concerts.I don't mean that the latter was bad or whatever, quite the contrary, but they brought so much color and attitude afterwards.
So, I think that they should quit the whole stadium rock concept and let the dynamics of the "intimate" to take over. I agree with Keith: After all, they're a club band.The best!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 15, 2011 21:18

1. Release a collection early blues (BBC live, Decca, etc) and R&B covers like Cops & Robbers, Diddley Daddy, etc. A whole new audience would get to hear how enthusiastic and war this young group was. These recordings exist in excellent quality and some cases stereo. Give it proper historical context by having some really good archival notes and photographs.

2. Release the 1973 Brussels live show. Yes, WE have all heard it, but the world deserves to hear the Stones at the very top of their game live.

If Mick isn't that interested, let someone with enthusiasm and knowledge oversee the projects instead.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 16, 2011 02:42

Mick: quit singin like a kweer
Keef: learn to play geetar all over again
Ronnie: lay off the sauce til after the show, you'll be fine
Charlie: don't change a thing

Free loaders: take a hike.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 16, 2011 02:43

Nothing.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 17, 2011 15:13

With both The Stones and James Bond celebrating their 50th next year it would be cool to see The Stones do the theme music or even play a part in the next Bond movie.. or even better still both smoking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 17, 2011 15:58

stonescrow
Just curious, (for fans that have lost their enthusiasm for the Stones) what exactly could the Stones do (if anything) to get you excited again as a fan? Seems like there are many on this forum who are really not that enthusiastic about the future of the Stones anymore, or the Stones in general. Others see no future for them at all.

Bring the past and the future together by making amazing new music and releasing great stuff from the archives.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-17 16:10 by His Majesty.

Date: July 17, 2011 16:01

If they did a new studio album, and made the new tracks an important part of the setlist, I would be excited.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 17, 2011 16:35

If they had some beautiful topless girls dancing on stage during their next concert, that would get me excited.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-17 16:38 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: July 17, 2011 16:46

A tour next year for their 50th anniversary and a box set cd release they don't really need to do a new cd because no matter how good it is radio will mostly ignore it.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 17, 2011 16:54

Apparently I only need some solid tour rumors

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 17, 2011 21:51

"Just What Exactly Can The Stones Do To Get You Excited Again? "

Go back in time and return to their late seventies prime. Failing that I'll just say "Thanks for the memories."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 17, 2011 22:07

Rickster
A tour next year for their 50th anniversary and a box set cd release they don't really need to do a new cd because no matter how good it is radio will mostly ignore it.

If the band are going to ignore it after about the first month, then you cant really blame radio for doing the same.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:21

More Hot Rocks
A press conference.

Probably sometime during the spring of next year.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:24

a free-concert in my hometown with their 100 licks

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:32

All Blues album

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:35

black n blue
All Blues album
thumbs up

Posted by: murf3901 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:38

in no priority order:
@ scale down production: no stadiums, stick to arenas, mid to large size theaters
@ get rid of promoters whose only motive is breaking revenue records
@ cut ticket prices to match that of what real people can pay, you know, people who don't have black AMX cards and fly first class
@ save time by not doing a new album and polish real classics and rarities
@ increase set list numbers to average 24 songs, not 19
i dont mind the warhorses - but at least play more old, rare stuff in addition. the last round of shows were too formatted. not to compare apples to oranges, but when you compare the last round of stones shows to macca and bruce, it's incredibly disappointing. i’m a huge stone fan, but when I see macca perform 30 songs and pushing 70 years old – just saying

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:43

black n blue
All Blues album

No publishing royalties in covering old blues covers, unfortunately.

And thats a big deal, it appears.

This, after all is a band who left 'Little Red Rooster' off a career retrosopective hits album in 2002 even though it was a number 1 single and who left 'Dirty Work' unrepresented on the same album - presumably because it was the only modern era album where the main single was a cover version.

Its the sort of album I'd love to hear them do but I dont think their heart's in that kind of music anymore (they rarely perform this sort of music onstage) - and their modern day audience doesnt really 'get' it for the most part.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:51

Do SNL again to promote the Some Girls deluxe album.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:58

Gazza
Its the sort of album I'd love to hear them do but I dont think their heart's in that kind of music anymore (they rarely perform this sort of music onstage) - and their modern day audience doesnt really 'get' it for the most part.
thank god. as much as i love the blues, i don't want to hear the Stones playing it. Charlie is too stiff. they've lost their blues magic.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 23, 2011 04:18

Gazza
black n blue
All Blues album

No publishing royalties in covering old blues covers, unfortunately.

And thats a big deal, it appears.

This, after all is a band who left 'Little Red Rooster' off a career retrosopective hits album in 2002 even though it was a number 1 single and who left 'Dirty Work' unrepresented on the same album - presumably because it was the only modern era album where the main single was a cover version.

My friend who is an average stones fan wants all the stuff he recognizes and that's all. If those fans went to concerts and heard blues they would walk the f-out!

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: July 23, 2011 17:39

batonrouge75
stonescrow
Just curious, (for fans that have lost their enthusiasm for the Stones) what exactly could the Stones do (if anything) to get you excited again as a fan? Seems like there are many on this forum who are really not that enthusiastic about the future of the Stones anymore, or the Stones in general. Others see no future for them at all.

Open the vaults.
+1, with NO old man mick vocals added and NO don was.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 17, 2011 18:40

crumbling_mice
71Tele
crumbling_mice
A time machine from which Anita and Marianne emerge to open the new show with a naked mud wrestling session.

You'll really need that time machine to not malfunction and produce the current-day naked Anita and Marianne...

omg Tele, that would be horrific...what if a fly got trapped inthere with as well...urrrrgh

Luckily my tastes in women have matured in exact pace with my age. I have always loved Anita, she put "THE look" on the stones that we all love. I am in my fourties and still would be honored to share ANY time with either of those two goddesses. I'm sure they could teach me a thing or two. Whether or not I could survive the experience unscathed is in question. peace.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2011 18:46

Naturalust
crumbling_mice
71Tele
crumbling_mice
A time machine from which Anita and Marianne emerge to open the new show with a naked mud wrestling session.

You'll really need that time machine to not malfunction and produce the current-day naked Anita and Marianne...

omg Tele, that would be horrific...what if a fly got trapped inthere with as well...urrrrgh

Luckily my tastes in women have matured in exact pace with my age. I have always loved Anita, she put "THE look" on the stones that we all love. I am in my fourties and still would be honored to share ANY time with either of those two goddesses. I'm sure they could teach me a thing or two. Whether or not I could survive the experience unscathed is in question. peace.

These women are now in their 60's. You are a sick man.

Date: August 17, 2011 19:28

shadooby
Mick: quit singin like a kweer
Keef: learn to play geetar all over again
Ronnie: lay off the sauce til after the show, you'll be fine
Charlie: don't change a thing

Free loaders: take a hike.

wow shadooby. we's lofa'so here in california . you are da bomb! And oh so to the point of it all. nice.

Date: August 17, 2011 19:36

treaclefingers
Naturalust
crumbling_mice
71Tele
crumbling_mice

maybe... but I've got smile marks tanned into my face this summer...how about you ?

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 17, 2011 20:30

They should release singles! smiling bouncing smiley

By that I mean non-album singles like they did in the sixties.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 20:52

Justin
IF they tour:

-Drop all supporting musicians
-Cut the amount of warhorses in a show by at least half
-Lower ticket prices by at least half
-Release an album of meaningful music..not just a product to meet contractual obligations
Those are exactly my thoughts as well. Well-said.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 18, 2011 01:24

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Naturalust
crumbling_mice
71Tele
crumbling_mice

maybe... but I've got smile marks tanned into my face this summer...how about you ?

Well if it is from ogling the elderly, good-on-ya if that's your bag!

I prefer pre-menopausal myself.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1291
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home