Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: U2 Invites Blind Fan Onstage to Play Guitar - Nashville 2011 (Pro Shot/Pro Sound Video)
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 8, 2011 15:25

hbwriter
this doesn't sound staged at all

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Sounds like his brother-in-law is the one who set it up with U2's management, presumably after providing some kind of videotaped proof that this person could actually play the guitar. A local bar band wouldn't invite a total stranger onstage and hand them a guitar without knowing whether or not the person knew how to play it.

Re: OT: U2 Invites Blind Fan Onstage to Play Guitar - Nashville 2011 (Pro Shot/Pro Sound Video)
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 8, 2011 16:41

whatever the reason - the DID it - they changed this guy's life - it's not the cause - it's the effect

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: July 8, 2011 16:50

Lovely. That clip made the hairs on my arms stand straight up.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 8, 2011 17:44

Tatters, do you have any proof of your grind against U2 having a blind guy come up and play a song? Why don't you take that energy and focus it on the Stones and what they AREN'T doing, which is anything at all.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 8, 2011 18:00

hbwriter
they changed this guy's life

Absolutely. And that's a good thing.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 8, 2011 20:05

Maybe they should of played City of Blinding Lights.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 8, 2011 21:00

or 'I still havent found what I'm looking for'...sorry, couldnt resist.

Nice moment indeed.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 8, 2011 21:11

Gazza
or 'I still havent found what I'm looking for'...sorry, couldnt resist.

Nice moment indeed.
Rimspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2011 21:12

One thing is sure; you won't see this in a Stones concert. It wouldn't fit with the clicktracks and lightning.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 8, 2011 21:17

Nice.
Back in their early days they oftentimes brought a fan up to play with them.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 9, 2011 01:55

DragonSky
Tatters, do you have any proof of your grind against U2 having a blind guy come up and play a song? Why don't you take that energy and focus it on the Stones and what they AREN'T doing, which is anything at all.

I don't have any grind against U2. I just don't believe the hype about it having been done with complete spontaneity. A band of U2's stature cannot afford to pull a stunt like this unrehearsed. What if the guy was a total goofball? What if he started windmilling and duck-walking? U2 cannot be made to look ridiculous in an embarrassing youtube clip that would go viral and be seen by 11,000,000 people. What if ZZ Top saw some guy holding up a sign that said "I'm terminally ill. It's my dying wish to play drums on stage with you guys", and they invited him up, and it turned out to be this guy?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-09 01:57 by tatters.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 9, 2011 02:00

hbwriter
whatever the reason they changed this guy's life

Sure they did! Before his 15 seconds of fame came, he was just blind. Now he also has a horrible tinnitus he's gonna have to live with till he dies..

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 9, 2011 02:02

The only downside for Bono here is the implicit admission that he can't
cure blindness.

Date: July 9, 2011 02:33

tatters
I don't have any grind against U2. I just don't believe the hype about it having been done with complete spontaneity. A band of U2's stature cannot afford to pull a stunt like this unrehearsed.

They've pulled people up on stage at random for decades, and are hardly alone in doing so.

Date: July 9, 2011 02:34

dcba
hbwriter
whatever the reason they changed this guy's life

Sure they did! Before his 15 seconds of fame came, he was just blind. Now he also has a horrible tinnitus he's gonna have to live with till he dies..

Funny!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 9, 2011 02:43

Are you crazy guys????? Keef only plays a Gibson 355, the same he handed Buddy Guy. Guild is for MUDDY!

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: July 9, 2011 15:02

This clip brought tears to my eyes, beautiful...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home