Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie and The Faces on Rob Brydon show BBC2 Friday August12th 10 p.m..
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 2, 2011 13:43

Ronnie and Jesse Wood and The Faces were at Teddington Studios !st July.The show won't be on for about a month on TV.Myself and paulywaul were there to see the lads play.Ronnie and Mick Hucknal were first off on a couple of bar stools chatting to Rob and then played an acoustic ''I'd Rather Go Blind''.Another bit of chat and Rob got his guitar and played the intro to ''Ooh La La'',and Ronnie and Mick joined in.Sounded good to me ,but luckily for us they did a second take on it. Great stuff. Later on The Faces were all there with Jesse Wood on the tiny stage and played ''Stay With Me''.Only a few songs I know,but what a great experience to see these guys in a relaxed situation with plenty of chat. Ronnie and the guys were just a few feet away from our front row seats.Had the complimentary tickets for a week but only found out the day before that The Faces were the music act.A great night I'll never forget.smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-06 13:56 by crawdaddy.

Re: Ronnie and The Faces on Rob Brydon show BBC2.
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 2, 2011 13:52

thanks for posting
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 2, 2011 16:46

Sounds like a great night indeed. Thanks for the story

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 2, 2011 16:57

""Ronnie and the guys were just a few feet away from our front row seats. Had the complimentary tickets for a week but only found out the day before that The Faces were the music act.A great night I'll never forget""

No kidding man, that might be one of those "right before I died, my life flashed before my eyes" type of memory....... and esp fun because you did not know who it would be until the day before.... WOW!!!... VERY COOL!!!

Date: July 3, 2011 17:20

Any reviews or piccys yet on The Faces gig at Cornbury? I know I am being impatient as the show was only yesterday,so whenever they appear will be great. winking smiley

Date: July 3, 2011 17:24

Sorry................just read Green Ladys' post.Thanks for video and review Green Lady. smileys with beer

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 4, 2011 12:01

crawdaddy
Sorry................just read Green Ladys' post.Thanks for video and review Green Lady. smileys with beer

Green Lady, nice to have met you at the Cornbury Festival. Here's a link back to the Cornbury thread, I've posted a few of my pictures on it. See you perhaps at the NEXT Faces gig, god I adore this band !!

Crawdaddy, thanks again for Friday, that was a real treat. Enjoy the pics of the boys in action at Cornbury.

[www.iorr.org]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: mountainhigh ()
Date: July 5, 2011 14:49

Wow ,sounds like you guys had a great time! who is this Rob Brydon, is his show a music show or what? How do you get tickets for shows like this? and who got the tickets, sounds a great time you had for complimentary tickets.
Glad you enjoyed the day!

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 5, 2011 15:06

Brilliant. Keep us posted if you hear when it will be on tv.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: July 5, 2011 18:42

mountainhigh
Wow ,sounds like you guys had a great time! who is this Rob Brydon, is his show a music show or what? How do you get tickets for shows like this? and who got the tickets, sounds a great time you had for complimentary tickets.
Glad you enjoyed the day!
Rod Brydon is a very funny actor/comedian (in my opinion).Teddington Studios is about a 40 minute walk from where I live so very local for me.You apply for tickets on line from applausestore or BBC website.Don't cost a penny.These sort of shows with guests, you just don't know who will be there until you get there.Luckily for me I found out the day before who will be there but still not 100% certain everyone will turn up.Chris O'Dowd was the actor guest from the film Bridesmaids but I must admit I didn't have a clue who he was.You can get picked on a bit in between takes if the warm up guy feels like picking you out but it's all a good laugh.Lots of hanging around and dreary bits with Chris O'Dowd but all worth it when Ronnie and the lads appear. winking smiley

Re: Ronnie and The Faces on Rob Brydon show BBC2 Friday August12th 10 p.m..
Date: August 6, 2011 14:00

Ronnie and the lads on BBC 2 and then i-player for a week.Rob Brydon Show

Date: August 6, 2011 16:39

Great. Thanks

-------------------

Date: August 12, 2011 20:43

Just a reminder on the night.Repeated Saturday night as well. Rob Brydon show .If you look at the preview clip of ''Danny Boy'',you will see myself and paulywaul about 12 seconds in.We are in our front row seats......................the two white haired geezers on the left. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: August 12, 2011 21:43

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be watching.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: August 12, 2011 21:44

crawdaddy
If you look at the preview clip

I wish I could. It says "Not available in your area". sad smiley

-------------------

Date: August 13, 2011 01:45

Thanks for the reminder. I saw the show on TV. It was great. I also saw "two white haired geezers" in the front row smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: August 13, 2011 01:51

UK TV (BBC 2) 'The Rob Brydon Show', London, Teddington Studios, broadcasted 12 Aug, 2011 with an interview with Ron Wood and Mick Hucknall by Rob Brydon and live with Ooh La La with Rob Brydon on guitar & Stay With Me

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-13 12:03 by Keessie.

Date: August 13, 2011 13:30

Thanks so much Keessie for posting the clip.There was so much they missed out from Ronnie and Mick on the show.They did two takes of Ooh La La which was great for us in the audience.There was also a lot more chat and banter with Rob before they sang ''I'd Rather Go Blind''which unfortunately wasn't broadcast.I guess they have to edit two and a half hours in the TV studio into a half hour show.smileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 13, 2011 17:07

excellent stuff
thanks a lot
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 13, 2011 17:27

Really enjoyed the show and thought Ron and the boys played well. Ronnie is definatly looking and sounding better. I'm still amazed at how well Hucknell does with the faces songs. Shame we couldn't have seen 'I'd Rather Go Blind'.

Date: August 13, 2011 17:45

crumbling_mice
Ronnie is definatly looking and sounding better.
I'm still amazed at how well Hucknell does with the faces songs.

Agree on both comments

-------------------

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: August 13, 2011 22:59

I'm one of the 'it's not the Faces without Rod' brigade but I have to confess that they were rather good.

Posted by: Harry Hendriks ()
Date: August 14, 2011 00:05

Keessie
UK TV (BBC 2) 'The Rob Brydon Show', London, Teddington Studios, broadcasted 12 Aug, 2011 with an interview with Ron Wood and Mick Hucknall by Rob Brydon and live with Ooh La La with Rob Brydon on guitar & Stay With Me

Bedankt voor het Youtube filmpje, smileys with beerRay

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: August 14, 2011 00:47

Braincapers
I'm one of the 'it's not the Faces without Rod' brigade but I have to confess that they were rather good.

Likewise will people respond to the Stones without Keef.

Date: August 22, 2011 22:30

Not much Stones news about so I don't see no harm in posting this clip.I guess some of you have seen it,but differant intro and just seems so much more up close.Just seen it tonight.Big thanks to VoodooJungle for posting it on youtube >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: August 22, 2011 23:07

thabo
Braincapers

Likewise will people respond to the Stones without Keef.

Most of the punters who go to Stones shows probably don't care anyway. I remember when the Wembley shows were cancelled some outraged punter on telly said "couldn't they get another guitarist?"

Date: September 3, 2011 01:13

Just seen last Rob Brydon show which is highlights of series and a few unshown clips.Ronnie and Mick are asked if they play Neil Diamond stuff,but just a very small part of the chat and banter betweem them and Rob.Nice end to the series. Rob Brydon Show >grinning smiley<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home