Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Could "Life" have been the Death of the Stones?
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 5, 2011 21:35

Solution has come: Abramovich to hire Stones to play at "UNDER THE BRIDGE".

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 6, 2011 01:07

smiling smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 6, 2011 02:54

...if he thinks he could get Mick to do it for the money....it's because he probably can

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 6, 2011 03:05

mtaylor

[www.independent.co.uk]

The article said this: He wants the Rolling Stones to play here.

It never said he was going to "hire" them.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 6, 2011 03:07

Rip This
...if he thinks he could get Mick to do it for the money....it's because he probably can
Our boys don't care about money,is just for the love of music,and their fans...drinking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: July 6, 2011 03:25

When I first read the thread title, for some reason I thought of the album "Still Life" instead of Keith's book. Weird huh?

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: July 6, 2011 05:40

When is Mick coming out with a book ?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 6, 2011 06:07

He's not. He went down that road and decided not to do it.

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: July 6, 2011 07:34

Hi, newbie here. smiling smiley Interesting reading on this forum.

Now as I'm new feel free to take this or leave it but I was lucky enough to work with the Stones tour a few years ago. I was a fan since I've been a kid, but during that time I really grew to respect the organization and the people they have working for them directly. I had virtually no direct contact w/ the band itself but a lot through the tour managers etc. And as I was told recently the book did create a major rift.
The story that Mick was given the book to read minus the really insulting stuff is true according to what I heard from people close to the band. He read it and was fine with it, THEN the actual book came off and apparently he was genuinely blindsided by it. There was intention of a tour (not sure how big) in 2012 for the anniversary of the band and also gigs in London to coincide with the Olympics, but things are so bad between the Glimmer twins at the moment it's looking unlikely.

That's the dish as I understand it from fairly reliable sources.

Date: July 6, 2011 08:09

LillithFlair

Now as I'm new feel free to take this or leave it but I was lucky enough to work with the Stones tour a few years ago. I was a fan since I've been a kid, but during that time I really grew to respect the organization and the people they have working for them directly. I had virtually no direct contact w/ the band itself but a lot through the tour managers etc. And as I was told recently the book did create a major rift.
The story that Mick was given the book to read minus the really insulting stuff is true according to what I heard from people close to the band. He read it and was fine with it, THEN the actual book came off and apparently he was genuinely blindsided by it. There was intention of a tour (not sure how big) in 2012 for the anniversary of the band and also gigs in London to coincide with the Olympics, but things are so bad between the Glimmer twins at the moment it's looking unlikely.

evidence! thank you smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 6, 2011 08:11

LillithFlair

Hi LillithFlair,
welcome to the boards,
What does it mean "marmie cat"?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 6, 2011 08:28

uhbuhgullayew
mtaylor

[www.independent.co.uk]

The article said this: He wants the Rolling Stones to play here.

It never said he was going to "hire" them.
He normally gets what he wants and playing in luxurious place in the fashionable place in London, I guess it would be the thing.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: July 6, 2011 11:19

LillithFlair

Thanks for posting!
Sounds sad, but very very plausible. Mick's fury is understandable. Keith must have lost his mind - the disputed passages were so embarrasing, but made the headlines Keith must have wished for.

Has Keith made a public statement about Super Heavy? I haven't seen the usual remarks like dogshit in the doorway - has he got cold feet?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 6, 2011 12:10

GetYerAngie
LillithFlair

Thanks for posting!
Sounds sad, but very very plausible. Mick's fury is understandable. Keith must have lost his mind - the disputed passages were so embarrasing, but made the headlines Keith must have wished for.

Keith is known for his bad manners - as Mick said - but it is too much even for Richards. It was clear that he lies about the fact that Mick was reading the book before the publication - in one interview KR said that Jagger had read the book and wanted to throw only the mention of a vocal coach. In a recent interview he said "Mick read the manuscript and blue pencil flew and I told him - this is not a book about you, Mick"(smth. like that, I don't remember the exact words).
In my opinion, an obvious discrepancy in the versions.
I remember reading one article shortly after the book came out which asserted that Jagger had not seen the book, that he was given only excerpts and he approved them.The rest was a surprise to him.
There are two options
1. Richards wanted to end the relationship once and for all and put an end to the Stones
2. Richards suffers from dementia

Date: July 6, 2011 18:02

GetYerAngie
LillithFlair

Thanks for posting!

Has Keith made a public statement about Super Heavy? I haven't seen the usual remarks like dogshit in the doorway - has he got cold feet?

i don't think he has

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 6, 2011 18:23

What's funny is that Keith said that they met after all the hype about the book and he said "I told him 'it's all water under the bridge, we're larger than a little bitching here and there'" when it was him who did all the bitching.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 6, 2011 19:50

hbwriter
GetYerAngie
LillithFlair

Thanks for posting!

i don't think he has

he has....he said he 'wished him luck' with it (or words to that effect)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 6, 2011 19:57

hbwriter
LillithFlair

Done deal?eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 6, 2011 20:21

stones78
What's funny is that Keith said that they met after all the hype about the book and he said "I told him 'it's all water under the bridge, we're larger than a little bitching here and there'" when it was him who did all the bitching.

par for the course.keith seems to have a fantasy relationship with jagger.he believes he's keeping mick humble and in line with all the comments and that they have some imaginary unbreakable bond.

dude,the guys avoiding you.as i said in an earlier post keith is the obnoxious guy at work that you put up with to do your job.

on being "brothers"- "keith always says that because he's an only child.i have my own brother who i'm very close to"-mick jagger

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: July 7, 2011 00:34

sweetcharmedlife
hbwriter
LillithFlair

Hi, not sure what you mean by "done deal". Like I said things are bad now but I dont' think it's been definitively decided that 2012 is a total no go. I'll have to ask my friend tomorrow to see if there have been any updates about next year.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 10, 2011 12:19

Welcome, informed newbie!

LillithFlair

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: July 10, 2011 15:31

LillithFlair
sweetcharmedlife
hbwriter
LillithFlair

Hi, not sure what you mean by "done deal". Like I said things are bad now but I dont' think it's been definitively decided that 2012 is a total no go. I'll have to ask my friend tomorrow to see if there have been any updates about next year.

All our worst fears confirmed.

Please keep us as informed as you possibly can...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 10, 2011 16:54

You got a lotta nerve
To say you are my friend
When I was down
You just stood there grinning

You got a lotta nerve
To say you got a helping hand to lend
You just want to be on
The side that’s winning

You say I let you down
You know it’s not like that
If you’re so hurt
Why then don’t you show it

You say you lost your faith
But that’s not where it’s at
You had no faith to lose
And you know it

I know the reason
That you talk behind my back
I used to be among the crowd
You’re in with

Do you take me for such a fool
To think I’d make contact
With the one who tries to hide
What he don’t know to begin with

You see me on the street
You always act surprised
You say, “How are you?” “Good luck”
But you don’t mean it

When you know as well as me
You’d rather see me paralyzed
Why don’t you just come out once
And scream it

No, I do not feel that good
When I see the heartbreaks you embrace
If I was a master thief
Perhaps I’d rob them

And now I know you’re dissatisfied
With your position and your place
Don’t you understand
It’s not my problem

I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment
I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
You’d know what a drag it is
To see you

.....just sayin'

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 10, 2011 17:28

You say you love me
Why do you always do me down down down?
I hit rock bottom
You gave me up without sound, sound, sound
But now I'm back in town and feeling mighty fit
I'm sick and tired of eating all your chicken shit
So keep on looking for me
Once I was lost but now I'm found, found, found
I was a rising star
You hitched your wagon next to mine, mine, mine
The sun was shining bright
I guess I never read the sign, sign, sign
Right at the moment that you saw my hand first slip
Just like a dirty rat you jumped the sinking ship

Find me in the palace
Find me on the street
Find me back in church
Right in my favourite seat
Now you're a notch on my gun
Who are you to shoot off your mouth?

Wild-eyed and crazy
I always threw my cash around, round, round
You put the boot in
Until the bottom fell right out, out, out
I turned around
You smell like Monday morning's fish
I can't get near enough to take a goodbye kiss

Find me in the movies
Right on the TV screen
Keep on searching for me
And you will hear me scream
Who are you to shoot off your mouth?
Shoot off your mouth

Posted by: Plecostomus ()
Date: July 10, 2011 17:54

The spirit of the Stones died in 1969-just look at the concerts they performed say the 2005 2006 tour; great technically- but alas; very little texture or subtle movements-yeah-Brian added all these things.

Date: July 10, 2011 18:35

i'd say a new Stones emerged from the ashes of that year

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:37

Plecostomus
The spirit of the Stones died in 1969-just look at the concerts they performed say the 2005 2006 tour; great technically- but alas; very little texture or subtle movements-yeah-Brian added all these things.

disagree

sure, a band 40 years on is going to be different. that isn't the same as saying the spirit died with Brian.

they hadn't even peaked as a band yet, in 1969.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:50

proudmary
There are two options
1. Richards wanted to end the relationship once and for all and put an end to the Stones

2 is obvious! 1 seems reasonable and possibly more accurate than anything else.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:53

DragonSky
proudmary
There are two options

2 is obvious! 1 seems reasonable and possibly more accurate than anything else.

It was a passive aggressive move on his part I think, to end the band, possibly because he can't play anymore because of his fingers.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:54

Plecostomus

There's a comment you dont read on here much...

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home