Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: I Have Never Been A Quitter
Date: June 25, 2011 11:46

Stay, Rocky!

Just cut back on the time you spend here, if that´s the problem.

DP

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: June 25, 2011 13:14

71Tele
I think some people cannot detect satire. Rocky is having some fun and definitely NOT taking himself seriously.

...For his sake, I really DO hope so...

Thanx, btw, for pointing the non-USA'ers to the Nixon reference. It does look like he's taking the p*ss a bit - and very well done!!

Wherever you go: stay safe, Rocky. smileys with beer

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: June 25, 2011 13:15

with sssoul
stones78
is this like a parody or ironic or something?

it's based on Nixon's resignation speech: [www.americanrhetoric.com]

Just as long as Gerald Ford doesn't come along to replace him.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 25, 2011 15:50

"But always I have taken heart from what Gazza once said about the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is not effort without error and shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deed, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high achievements and with the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly"

Thanks for remembering that one, Rocky. I was really "on" that day....I'd just taken all my vitamins.

Date: June 25, 2011 15:51

Thricenay
with sssoul
stones78

Just as long as Gerald Ford doesn't come along to replace him.

I reckon he's already here.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 25, 2011 15:59

I Have Never Been A Quitter

yea' well..since 11.10 today ya' have been..smoking smiley

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: June 25, 2011 16:23

May the road you have chosen always be clear

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 25, 2011 16:37

When the drinks finally hit her
She said I'm no quitter
But I finally quit livin' on dreams
I'm hungry for laughter
And here ever after
I'm after whatever the other life brings

-- Kenny Rogers

Toodle-loo!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 25, 2011 16:52

71Tele
Too many good posters leaving lately.

agreed...what's going on? don't leave Rocky!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 25, 2011 16:57

old posters never die!.......................old posters san sing the blues

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 25, 2011 17:26

with sssoul
stones78

brilliant!

Date: June 25, 2011 17:43

hbwriter: Well, I-I think that it, that it wasn't enough just to want to see Uncle Henry. Auntie Em, Rocky Dijon, banned posters, lapsed posters - and it's that if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard because, if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with. Is that right?
Glinda: That's all it is!
Scarecrow: But that's so easy! I should've thought of it for you -
Tin Man: I should have felt it in my heart -
Glinda: No, he had to find it out for himself. Now those magic slippers will take you away from IORR in two seconds!
hbwriter: Oh! Toto too?
Glinda: Toto too.
Dorothy: Now?
Glinda: Whenever you wish.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: June 25, 2011 17:44

is Rocky the REAL Rocky Dijon or just a fan of his?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 25, 2011 17:49

Rocky you think way too much of yourself.

What difficulties are you referring to?
Why leave? Why not just stop posting for a bit like the rest of us. I lurk all the time but post rarely.. I never had a whiney goodbye speech.

This is so childish. Welcome back to high school everyone!

Date: June 25, 2011 17:49

Rocky: It might be a good idea for you to disappear from IORR for a while. There's a Free French garrison over at Gazzaville [in French Equatorial Africa]. I could be induced to arrange a passage.

hbwriter: My letter of transit? I could use a trip. But it doesn't make any difference about our bet. You still owe me ten thousand francs.

Rocky: And that ten thousand francs should pay our expenses.

hbwriter (quizzically) Our expenses... Rocky, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Posted by: zabargad ()
Date: June 25, 2011 18:14

"Re: I Have Never Been A Quitter"

Just a Drama Queen

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 25, 2011 18:15

Rocky Dijon
In leaving it, I do so with this prayer: May God's grace be with you in all the days ahead.

Perfect class....and you're path sounds well lit

Date: June 25, 2011 18:22

I've been around here a long time - not certain what your iorr battle was about - but I'll miss your postings.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 25, 2011 18:27

May be 3,000 post was enough for Rocky

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 25, 2011 19:48

Gazza
"But always I have taken heart from what Gazza once said about the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is not effort without error and shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deed, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high achievements and with the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly"

Thanks for remembering that one, Rocky. I was really "on" that day....I'd just taken all my vitamins.

The tagged "Voice of Reason" backs it up!! I don't think its vitamins -It must be spinach!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 25, 2011 20:11

bustedtrousers
Sleepy City
hbwriter
From4tilLate
Mmmmm... It's a message board. We're not curing cancer here.

smiling smiley

It's a joke. It's based it on President Nixon's resignation speech.

I'm glad someone pointed that out...I was thinking this is either a piss take or there's going to be postings of invites to the Last Supper next..............smoking smiley....good one Rocky Dijon...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-25 20:19 by EddieByword.

Date: June 25, 2011 20:41

hbwriter
Rocky: It might be a good idea for you to disappear from IORR for a while. There's a Free French garrison over at Gazzaville [in French Equatorial Africa]. I could be induced to arrange a passage.

You stay well away from my 'passage' !!

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 25, 2011 21:39

Do we refer to him as Tricky Rocky from now on?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 25, 2011 21:57

Hi Rocky,

Listen man, you ought to reconsider. There's loads of people here who dig your posts. Step inside the the IORR saloon, pictured, and let's chew the fat. Have a drink on me, maybe two and reconsider. Gonna be a good show tonight. All the best SD.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 25, 2011 22:06

From4tilLate
Yeah, what's up Rocky? I dig your posts too. What's so bad?

Puberty.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 26, 2011 06:48

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out Rock...It's been real. May you find the Sanctuary you've long saught....Is it real....is it hallucination?moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-26 06:48 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 26, 2011 09:56

if you have never been a quitter....there is a first time for everything. sometimes quitting is a good thing if you believe you are quitting for the right reasons and dont mind being labeled a "quitter' by everyone that knows and respects you.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 26, 2011 10:34

Till the next time we say goodbye.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 26, 2011 14:47

Rocky Dijon
Good evening:

To those who have stood with me during these past difficult months, to my family, my friends, the many others who joined in supporting my cause because they believed it was right, I will be eternally grateful for your support. And to those who have not felt able to give me your support, let me say I leave with no bitterness toward those who have opposed me, because all of us in the final analysis have been concerned with the good of IORR, however our judgments might differ.

For more than a decade in public life, I have shared in the turbulent history of this board. I have fought for what I believe in. I have tried, to the best of my ability, to discharge those duties and meet those responsibilities that were entrusted to me. Sometimes I have succeeded. And sometimes I have failed. But always I have taken heart from what Gazza once said about the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is not effort without error and shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deed, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high achievements and with the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.

I pledge to you tonight that as long as I have a breath of life in my body, I shall continue in that spirit. I shall continue to work for the great causes to which I have been dedicated throughout my years as an IORRian, a poster, a know-it-all and wiseguy, the cause of peace -- not just for IORR but among all Stones message boards -- prosperity, justice and opportunity for all of our people. There is one cause above all to which I have been devoted and to which I shall always be devoted for as long as I live.

When I first registered to post online as an IORRian nigh on fifteen years ago, I made this sacred commitment: to consecrate my office, my energies, and all the wisdom I can summon to the cause of peace among IORRians. I've done my very best in all the days since to be true to that pledge. As a result of these efforts, I am confident that the internet is a safer place today, not only for the posters at IORR but for the posters of all Stones message boards, and that all of our children have a better chance than before of living in peace rather than dying in flame wars.

This, more than anything, is what I hoped to achieve when I sought to be Rocky Dijon. This, more than anything, is what I hope will be my legacy to you, to our board, as I leave Rocky Dijon behind. To have served in this capacity is to have felt a very personal sense of kinship with each and every IORRian. In leaving it, I do so with this prayer: May God's grace be with you in all the days ahead.

Thank you son.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: June 26, 2011 20:02

I'm so confused--why is he leaving? Why announce it?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home