Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Have The Stones Play In Your Backyard
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 23, 2011 02:44

Now I am sure this has no basis in reality, but thought I would inform y'all anyway. It is at least mildly amusing.

I got a text from my Mom (what a Stones insider she is!) informing me that she heard on her local radio station you can have the Rolling Stones come and play at your house for 6.5 million dollars.

No idea where the DJ got this information eye rolling smiley

Re: Have The Stones Play In Your Backyard
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 23, 2011 02:46

That is interesting. That's a lot of money but man, the bragging rights you would have after!!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 23, 2011 03:00

How long will they play, and what kind of set list do you get for 6.5 million ?

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: June 23, 2011 03:14

Edith Grove

20 songs, usual warhorses

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 23, 2011 03:26

rsk45
Edith Grove

Might as well save my bucks and go to a stadium show. grinning smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 23, 2011 11:19

I have heard that for $10,000-$20,000 you can get some some pretty famous "has been" groups to play your private party..... I have never gotten to the point where I have money to blow like that, but if I did, I WOULD..... It would be fun to hire ______ _______ or ________ ________ or __________ or maybe ____ ____ ________....(names left blank so as not to get in to a pissing contest about how someone feels (usually here someone knows it for a fact) that one band, or the other, sucks.....

ps
I wanna be rich.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-23 11:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 23, 2011 11:26

lettingitbleed
you can have the Rolling Stones come and play at your house for 6.5 million dollars.

Wrong thread smiling smiley You should post this in the Stones Myths thread [www.iorr.org]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 23, 2011 13:35

Max'sKansasCity
I have heard that for $10,000-$20,000 you can get some some pretty famous "has been" groups to play your private party..... I have never gotten to the point where I have money to blow like that, but if I did, I WOULD..... It would be fun to hire ______ _______ or ________ ________ or __________ or maybe ____ ____ ________....(names left blank so as not to get in to a pissing contest about how someone feels (usually here someone knows it for a fact) that one band, or the other, sucks.....

ps
I wanna be rich.

Me too. But if I had $10,000 I wouldn't blow it on some has been rock band. I would throw a sexy party!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-23 13:52 by tatters.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: June 23, 2011 13:43

...For 6.5 million $, I wanna be permitted to join in with the backing vocals...
Now thàt would be some bragging, afterwards!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 23, 2011 19:10

Rolling Hansie
lettingitbleed
you can have the Rolling Stones come and play at your house for 6.5 million dollars.

Wrong thread smiling smiley You should post this in the Stones Myths thread [www.iorr.org]
Don't believe this is a myth Hansie. 6.5 Mill is about the going rate. Didn't the bankers pay around that much on the last tour?

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: June 23, 2011 19:16

"you can have the Rolling Stones come and play at your house for 6.5 million dollars."

Is this supposed to be surprising news, or something??

I mean exactly who wouldn't do a show for that kinda cash...???...Hell, you can get Elton John for a mere Mil...

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: June 23, 2011 19:54

Filip020169
...For 6.5 million $, I wanna be permitted to join in with the backing vocals...

I'm sure they would let you strum some acoustic, for free. Backstage, of course.....winking smiley

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: June 23, 2011 21:10

KSIE
Filip020169

I'm sure they would let you strum some acoustic, for free. Backstage, of course.....winking smiley

hey for 6.5 million I should be able to play electric backstage spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 23, 2011 22:24

sweetcharmedlife
Don't believe this is a myth Hansie. 6.5 Mill is about the going rate. Didn't the bankers pay around that much on the last tour?

Yes, it is a myth. There is no way that by just coming up with the money, the Stones will come and play. Maybe when they are on tour they can do a thing like that inbetween, like they did for the bankers for example. And maybe when you are good friends. Bur for the rest, forget it. This story has been going on for years and has been on several radiostations and tvstations. But it simply is not true.

-------------------

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 24, 2011 01:14

For $75,000 you could probably get Stone Temple Pilots...No joke. Great band..but, they can only draw about 2,000 - 3,000 people at a normal arena/theater gig these days.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: June 24, 2011 01:53

I remember Mick, Keith and Dick Taylor rehearsing in Mick's aunts garage in Denver Road, Dartford at the back of my parents house.

One of the neighbours used to shout over the fence at them to turn the noise down, get their hair cut and go and get proper jobs.

Good job they never listened to him eh!

Posted by: allaboutyou ()
Date: June 24, 2011 03:42

Maybe 10 years ago. But between Mick's singing and Keiths playing, its a bit rich for my blood.

Date: June 24, 2011 12:08

DartfordRenegade
I remember Mick, Keith and Dick Taylor rehearsing in Mick's aunts garage in Denver Road, Dartford at the back of my parents house.

Cool

-------------------

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 24, 2011 12:16

Edith Grove
rsk45
Edith Grove

Might as well save my bucks and go to a stadium show. grinning smiley

Yeah...bring a vicar along get yourself married and then you can say the Rolling stones played at my wedding............cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home