Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Wimbledon 2011
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: June 22, 2011 18:16

Re: Wimbledon 2011
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2011 18:35

At least I will watch the semi-finals and the final this year. Heard something about a jubilee of the epic matches between Björn Borg and John McEnroe. Tennis has fallen a bit in popularity here in Sweden: The only player left with some capacity is Robin Söderling. Maybe he will reach the quarters if he doesn't stumble into Federer or Rafa.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 23, 2011 04:32

grinning smiley I love everything about Wimbledon, the pomp, the strawberries and cream, the grass courts ( that are brown by the end of the fortnight), and of course the matches! GO NADAL!

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: June 29, 2011 20:28

My boy is gone! Noooo!

Tsonga Stuns Federer at Wimbledon: [www.nytimes.com]

Date: June 30, 2011 02:09

Yes, and I was not sorry that Roger is gone because I'm a Nadal fan. I don't hate Roger...hard to dislike the guy. Tsonga stunned Roger. Why isn't Tsonga in more big matches with a game like that? Guess he's not consistent enough.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 30, 2011 02:32

Great win for Tsonga today. He is one of the very few today (along with Del Potro) who can crush anyone, even the very best. In fact he only lost 7 games to Nadal in the 2008 Aussie Open semifinal and many thought that he was on his way. He also beat Nadal a few weeks ago this year on the grass at Queen's in London.

Problem with Tsonga has been his lack of fitness. He has been injured way too much as a result of carrying too much weight. Plus he can get too cute and clown around on the court. Six weeks after destroying Nadal in 2008, I watched in person as he was beating Nadal yet again at Indian Wells. He was actually toying with Nadal (believe it or not) as he was up a set and then Rafa made him pay for his antics, won the 2nd set in a tiebreaker and then also took the 3rd for the match.

Tsonga has a 5-2 H2H record against Djokovic so the semi will certainly be interesting. Let's see if he will be serious on the court going forward, or not as he has tended to be in the last few years.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 30, 2011 03:06

I almost started a Wimbledon thread, but based on the nonreaction to some posts
I made about it, I did not.... but I am glad someone did...I think it is great fun to watch.

I am curious to see what people here think/post....

Date: June 30, 2011 13:45

I have to buy my strawberries and cream for the weekend matches... settle in and hopefully watch Nadal cruise to the finish line. Who will win the women'sd championship? Sharapova?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 30, 2011 14:12

Tsonga Houba Tsonga. Very happy even if I am a Roger fan. Too bad for him. Sampras still the best

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:17

Sharapova has a clear path to the Championship - she became a shoo-in after the Williams sisters and Wozniacki were eliminated. She is currently thrashing the young German player Lisicki.

Date: June 30, 2011 19:33

I dont give her a lot of hope but I would love to see Petra
Kvitova win it all, I guess I am just rooting for the undercat smiling smiley

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 30, 2011 19:36

I too am rooting for Petra to win!! She gets by the skin of her teeth each match

Date: June 30, 2011 19:40

tumbled
I too am rooting for Petra to win!! She gets by the skin of her teeth each match
Right on tumbled....
smileys with beer GO PETRA!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Date: June 30, 2011 20:17

I always root for the striving underdog. getting addicted to wimbledon from the treadmill downstairs (at gym) and hardly can come back upstairs to mundane work afterwards

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 30, 2011 20:37

come on Jo, another go and you're on for the FINAL !!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 30, 2011 20:46

Who is that obnoxious woman who grunts like a rhinoceros? I believe she made it to the semi-final. Man, those kind of noises should be reserved for the bedroom.

Date: June 30, 2011 21:33

Azarenko and Sharapova grunt There is now a "grunt controller" you can use!! lol

[www.thefirstpost.co.uk]

Date: June 30, 2011 22:29

A few years ago, when they first started moaning while tennising, I not know what to think... then as time went on I started to like it.... now I have cum to like it A LOT... imuho it is great to see/hear the women GOING FOR IT WITH ALL THEY HAVE, giving it all they have..... ummmmmmmm H O T..... but I will add that I am not a fan of the Williams sisters.

Tennis is the only sport ( EDIT- Beach volley ball is the other excpeption ) where I like watching the women play it more than the men. Watching and listening to those women moan and groan, heave and ho, to and fro..... esp when there are two moaners... it gets noisy....and I like it LOUD. The only down side is, I suppose, from another room, or between walls it does kind of sound like......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-30 22:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: June 30, 2011 23:35

So I take it you will not be interested in the specially designed BBC grunt controller software then?

Date: June 30, 2011 23:47

tumbled
So I take it you will not be interested in the specially designed BBC grunt controller software then?
So they figured out a way to get rid of the sound of a moaning woman, but they could not figure out how to get rid the horrible buzzing swarms of bees noises from the vuleleveluzzaas from last years World Cup? huurrurmph!!

I'll choose a moaning woman over and the sound of swarming of bees anyday (or night).

Date: July 1, 2011 00:09

Azarenko is out. So one less Moan in the chorus for you Max. YOu'll have to listen to Sharapova moaning all alone now. Like an animal in heat.

Date: July 1, 2011 00:22

Petra showed she can handle the moaning.... should be a great final.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-01 00:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 1, 2011 01:43

Silver Dagger you made me laugh out loud! Grunt like a Rhino is a fabulous line! I think I'll borrow it from you if you don't mind!

Date: July 1, 2011 16:47

Good Morning Wimbledon, breakfast is served with tennis,
and we have another great match now (and probably later too)...
I wont tell spoilers for those who watch the delay broadcast.

PS
HAPPY CANADA DAY....TO ALL MY CANUCKLEHEAD FRIENDS smiling smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 1, 2011 17:36

my cousin, mary carillo, is doing the coverage - we email each other throughout smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 1, 2011 17:45

What a tiebreaker!

Date: July 1, 2011 18:01

Koen
What a tiebreaker!
I KNOW !!!! this is awesome!!!!!

Date: July 2, 2011 16:44

Come on Petra!!! You can do it...

Date: July 2, 2011 18:10

Max'sKansasCity
Come on Petra!!! You can do it...
Congratulations to Petra Kvitova, 2011 Wimbledon Women's Champion.

now I feel kind of sad for Moaning Maria.... but she will be back.... they both will.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: July 2, 2011 18:18

Congrats to Kvitova!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2373
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home