Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Classic Rock: vote for favorite Stones guitarist
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 2, 2015 15:28

Minus Keith, of course...it's Brian Jones vs Mick Taylor vs Ron Wood. Classic Rock has one of their voting polls up, calling it Clash of the Titans. At the risk of starting yet another of the endless guitarist wars here, I thought this would be fun for those who don't take it too seriously. smiling smiley

Of course, Mick Taylor is way ahead right now.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 15:29 by latebloomer.

Re: Classic Rock: vote for favorite Stones guitarist
Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: June 2, 2015 15:43

Minus Keith? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Taylor is my favourite Stones guitarist.smiling smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 15:48

Taylor is in the lead with 62 percent of the votes so far smiling smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 15:53

DandelionPowderman

you can vote up to once per hour lol.

Date: June 2, 2015 15:54

Luxury, I'm not disappointed. I love all three for their unique contributions to the Stones music. Like I said, not a surprise that Taylor leads...I voted for Brian once and then Ron, just because I can. smiling smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 15:57

latebloomer
Luxury, I'm not disappointed. I love all three for their unique contributions to the Stones music. Like I said, not a surprise that Taylor leads...I voted for Brian once and then Ron, just because I can. smiling smiley

winking smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 15:58

their ranking of stones albums is actually pretty good.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 2, 2015 15:58

latebloomer
Minus Keith, of course...it's Brian Jones vs Mick Taylor vs Ron Wood. Classic Rock has one of their voting polls up, calling it Clash of the Titans. At the risk of starting yet another of the endless guitarist wars here, I thought this would be fun for those who don't take it too seriously. smiling smiley

Stirring the pot eh latebloomer? grinning smiley

Of course it's Taylor. Best of four.

Date: June 2, 2015 15:59

kleermaker
latebloomer

is it a vote about who can play the most notes in one song?

Date: June 2, 2015 16:06

latebloomer

To me it's quite a surprise, because Brian is the famous founder and Ronnie the best known of them all, because he hangs around so damned long.

But here I've read that hardly anybody out there knows who Taylor is, except a few oldies, because he left more than 40 years ago.

Date: June 2, 2015 16:07

kleermaker
latebloomer

To me it's quite a surprise, because Brian is the famous founder and Ronnie the best known of them all, because he hangs around so damned long.

But here I've read that hardly anybody out there knows who Taylor is, except a few oldies, because he left more than 40 years ago.

The music didn't go anywhere, kleerie.

Date: June 2, 2015 16:10

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
latebloomer

But who knows the live playing from that era? And it's on stage that Taylor shone the most.

Date: June 2, 2015 16:10

Turner68
kleermaker
latebloomer

is it a vote about who can play the most notes in one song?

That would be Keith then, considering the fact that an average chord consists out of, let's say,5 notes. grinning smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 16:15

Turner68
DandelionPowderman

So I have to vote for about another 125 times??

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:22

kleermaker
Turner68
DandelionPowderman

If you look at the result itt seems that you already have... winking smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 16:23

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
latebloomer

But who knows the live playing from that era? And it's on stage that Taylor shone the most.

I think the only people who bother to vote know the band's music well enough to have an opinion. Most everyone else will not bother...and Kleerie, it's impossible to stir that pot anymore, it's basically turned to stone. winking smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 17:43

latebloomer
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
latebloomer

I think the only people who bother to vote know the band's music well enough to have an opinion. Most everyone else will not bother...and Kleerie, it's impossible to stir that pot anymore, it's basically turned to stone. winking smiley

Well, then it's good you threw some oil on the dying fire. smiling smiley Btw: I think most people don't vote because they know the music so well, but because they have a favourite: "Hey man, I'll vote for Ronnie of course, he looks like a Stone you know!" Or because they saw him at a live concert rather recently, like yourself.

Date: June 2, 2015 17:46

Thommie
kleermaker
Turner68
DandelionPowderman

If you look at the result itt seems that you already have... winking smiley

So you think I'm faster than time? cool smiley

Date: June 2, 2015 18:36

brian jones is closing in fast on mick taylor.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:57

I put my vote up for Mick Taylor ,but Brian and Ron are both outstanding musicians and have certainly satisfied me in The Stones.

Can anyone see the point of a fair vote if you can vote every hour till June 7th?

Usually it is one vote per I.P. address which is fair.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 2, 2015 21:04

Keith's guitar IS the Rolling Stones. MT is a great guitar player but without Keith they turn into something else, not as good!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 2, 2015 22:52

As kleerie points out, this is pretty good evidence that even after being gone for 40 years people are still very aware of the amazing difference Taylor made when playing with the Stones. The fact that he is so far ahead of the other two and that the current guitarist is trailing them all speaks volumes.

peace

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 2, 2015 22:53

thumbs up
Naturalust
As kleerie points out, this is pretty good evidence that even after being gone for 40 years people are still very aware of the amazing difference Taylor made when playing with the Stones. The fact that he is so far ahead of the other two and that the current guitarist is trailing them all speaks volumes.

peace

Date: June 2, 2015 23:29

brian jones is continuing to close the gap.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 23:34

Taylor 58.67%
Jones 24.67%
Wood 16.66%

Date: June 2, 2015 23:37

Turner68
brian jones is continuing to close the gap.

That's not a gap, it's a canyon, man!

I must admit I truly love that version of No Expectations they have posted. Makes me somewhat emotional about Brian and his whole story of burnt out genius. Is that Stu on the piano at the end?

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 23:46 by Naturalust.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 2, 2015 23:45

Brian Jones -a better guitar player than Ron Wood? Okidoki -that's how internet works...I votet MT for president. Keith of course on a good third!

Date: June 2, 2015 23:53

S.T.P
Brian Jones -a better guitar player than Ron Wood? Okidoki -that's how internet works...I votet MT for president. Keith of course on a good third!

there's a big difference between best and favorite.

obviously mick taylor has a huge advantage since he happened to be with the stones when mick and keith wrote a lot of their best songs and albums.

Date: June 2, 2015 23:57

Taylor gets my vote. Love him.

Date: June 3, 2015 00:05

Turner68
S.T.P

there's a big difference between best and favorite.

obviously mick taylor has a huge advantage since he happened to be with the stones when mick and keith wrote a lot of their best songs and albums.

Hey now, Ronnie has had plenty of opportunity to outshine Taylor on those very songs in the last 40 years. grinning smiley

peace

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home