Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Classic Rock: vote for favorite Stones guitarist
Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: June 3, 2015 00:07

Turner68
S.T.P
Brian Jones -a better guitar player than Ron Wood? Okidoki -that's how internet works...I votet MT for president. Keith of course on a good third!

there's a big difference between best and favorite.

obviously mick taylor has a huge advantage since he happened to be with the stones when mick and keith wrote a lot of their best songs and albums.

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:05

Very surprising how few votes Ronnieboy gets. Come on woodyists, there work to be done the next days!

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:06

Mick Taylor all the way. smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:22

Not answering Keith as your Rolling Stones favorite guitarist would be like not answering Mick as your Rolling Stones favorite singer.Nobody else would ring true.

After Keith,
Ronnie or Brian are the only other real choices.

Gotta go with Rockin' Ronnie Wood.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:29

MisterDDDD
Not answering Keith as your Rolling Stones favorite guitarist would be like not answering Mick as your Rolling Stones favorite singer.Nobody else would ring true.

After Keith,
Ronnie or Brian are the only other real choices IMO.

Gotta go with Rockin' Ronnie Wood.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 3, 2015 03:09

Excluding Keith, I gotta say Mick T. Ronnie is a damn good guitar player and musician it's just that he plays very much like Keith, more of a rock n' roller than an English blues lead player ala Clapton and the like. MT just added a little more spice and variety to this guitar band. His lead playing on Street Fighting Man and Midnight Rambler is an example of what I am trying to say.

PS - John Mayer added the same vibe as Mick T when he guest spotted on the last tour. Incredibly heavy yet tasteful guitar soloing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 03:09 by beachbreak.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 03:21

beachbreak
Excluding Keith, I gotta say Mick T. Ronnie is a damn good guitar player and musician it's just that he plays very much like Keith, more of a rock n' roller than an English blues lead player ala Clapton and the like. MT just added a little more spice and variety to this guitar band. His lead playing on Street Fighting Man and Midnight Rambler is an example of what I am trying to say.

PS - John Mayer added the same vibe as Mick T when he guest spotted on the last tour. Incredibly heavy yet tasteful guitar soloing.

He doesn't play on street fighting man or midnight rambler

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 3, 2015 03:42

Ya-Ya's Street Fighting Man and live MR when he was in the band.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 3, 2015 04:17

Anybody else notice that every time you vote the names are listed in a different order? Oops. O crap, I guess I'm busted. winking smiley

peace

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 3, 2015 05:02

S.T.P
Brian Jones -a better guitar player than Ron Wood?
hell yeah.. at least in The Stones.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 3, 2015 11:40

Of course, Mick Taylor is the most skilled solo-guitarist in this company, but Brian Jones formed The Rolling Stones.

Brian Jones

2 1 2 0

Date: June 3, 2015 12:46

I didn't know that either of them played classic rock..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:04

I gave it to Brian...he's my favourite because he started the band.

Date: June 4, 2015 08:54

Brian's coming closer...step by step...over 30 % now...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 12:21

Come On

and now over 31%. Brian is going to win this.

Date: June 4, 2015 14:04

Turner68
Come On

Brian era fans are the hardcore of the hardcore fans, they vote every hour, day and night. Taylorites tend to be lazy: they vote one time at most, mostly not even once. But the most surprising thing is the low percentage our friend Woody, the oldtimer guitarist in the Stones, gets. What does this say about the woodyists? Are there so little of them and are they mostly on Iorr?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 4, 2015 14:10

kleermaker
Turner68
Come On

Brian era fans are the hardcore of the hardcore fans, they vote every hour, day and night. Taylorites tend to be lazy: they vote one time at most, mostly not even once. But the most surprising thing is the low percentage our friend Woody, the oldtimer guitarist in the Stones, gets. What does this say about the woodyists? Are there so little of them and are they mostly on Iorr?

People always romantize those who are gone and take for granted the one in the room. Taylorites tend to be lazy? Judging from their devotion to the Taylor thread I'd say no way...I think you're just covering yourself there Kleerie in case you lose. I just voted for Brian and then Ron...because I'm not lazy. grinning smiley

Date: June 4, 2015 14:52

latebloomer
kleermaker
Turner68
Come On

People always romantize those who are gone and take for granted the one in the room. Taylorites tend to be lazy? Judging from their devotion to the Taylor thread I'd say no way...I think you're just covering yourself there Kleerie in case you lose. I just voted for Brian and then Ron...because I'm not lazy. grinning smiley

In the Taylor thread it's not the taylorites that are the most active participants! Well, I am lazy, so please give good ol' Taylor a vote in my name. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 15:23 by kleermaker.

Date: June 6, 2015 17:26

42,4% now for Brian, the true Stones-hero...Vote for Brian!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 6, 2015 17:41

Brian Jones my vote

Date: June 6, 2015 23:38

Yes! Brian it is! On the lead ....smileys with beer

2 1 2 0

Date: June 6, 2015 23:56

Wow, Brian has made an amazing comeback! Leading by a mere 0.2 percentage points. I must say though, allowing people to vote more than once makes this rather maningless.

I don't believe the Taylor fans are any less hardcore than Brian fans, they probably just saw how far ahead he was and figured they didn't have to play along anymore while Brian fans saw how far he was trailing and felt the need to continue to bolster their support.

Now that the word is out I predict Taylor will win by 0.1 %. grinning smiley

peace

Date: June 7, 2015 00:34

Naturalust
Wow, Brian has made an amazing comeback! Leading by a mere 0.2 percentage points. I must say though, allowing people to vote more than once makes this rather maningless.

I don't believe the Taylor fans are any less hardcore than Brian fans, they probably just saw how far ahead he was and figured they didn't have to play along anymore while Brian fans saw how far he was trailing and felt the need to continue to bolster their support.

Now that the word is out I predict Taylor will win by 0.1 %. grinning smiley

peace

I had a look at it again, had already voted once. But what surprises me the most is that there are just two real giants: Brian and Mick. And so it is.

Date: June 7, 2015 11:24

I have voted at least 35 times....for Brian.. Legendary Brian Jones...

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:50

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:52

A Real Difference-Maker Of A Website - I like that expression

Date: June 7, 2015 15:16

Of course the poll is a joke, the fact that you can vote multiple times makes it absolutely meaningless. It's just silly and fun and should be treated as such.
Think I'm going to go back on and vote a few more times for Brian. I enjoy seeing the Taylor fans sweat a little...HAH! grinning smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:19

latebloomer
Of course the poll is a joke, the fact that you can vote multiple times makes it absolutely meaningless. It's just silly and fun and should be treated as such.
Think I'm going to go back on and vote a few more times for Brian. I enjoy seeing the Taylor fans sweat a little...HAH! grinning smiley

I think I'll join you - but I'll probably throw in one or two for Ronnie, who deserves better than the miserable showing so far. In both cases, the band probably wouldn't exist today without them - which I'm not so sure about in MT's case, wonderful as his playing was and is.

Date: June 7, 2015 15:32

Green Lady
latebloomer

I think I'll join you - but I'll probably throw in one or two for Ronnie, who deserves better than the miserable showing so far. In both cases, the band probably wouldn't exist today without them - which I'm not so sure about in MT's case, wonderful as his playing was and is.

Looks like Brian is ahead now, so I joined you GL and voted for Ronnie. I always go with the underdog.

Date: June 8, 2015 06:06

OK it looks like Brian is going to win this thing by a considerable margin. Must just be peoples infatuation with guitarists who died tragically at the age of 27. winking smiley

Strangely, I think he did play on more Stones records in his tenure than Ronnie has in his 40 years. It's possible he played more overall live shows too. Not sure but the Stones were pretty damn active in those early years! Perhaps one of the Stones historians had the actual numbers.

peace

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2235
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home