Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
RIP B.B. King
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: April 7, 2015 08:47

May 14, 2015 | 10:48PM PT

Singer-guitarist B.B. King, the “King of the Blues” who helped define his genre’s electrified postwar sound and became the music’s best-known international ambassador, has died. He was 89. His attorney said he died Thursday in Las Vegas.

He had announced on May 1 that he had entered hospice care after being in poor health for some time.

[variety.com]

"Legendary blues musician B.B. King has been hospitalized, his representatives confirmed to the Los Angeles Times, but his daughter later said he "is much better."
King's daughter, Claudette, told The Times that her father was suffering from dehydration caused by his Type II diabetes."

http://www.latimes.com/

all wishes to the King of the Blues.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-15 09:56 by bv.

Re: B.B. King hospitalized but 'doing much better'
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 7, 2015 09:01

My thoughts and prayers go out to him in spades tonight. He spent over an hour talking to us guitar playing kids after one of his shows I worked. Humble, happy and generous beyond all my expectations.

peace

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 09:11

Get well soon B.B., we love you and we need you!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 7, 2015 10:29

[lighting the incense of well-being for BB King]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 7, 2015 13:29

Get well soon B.B. king !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 7, 2015 19:38

Great musician, an enduring talent and proof that you can still be relevant and put out solid material, even in your eighties.
Nude, nudge Mick and Keith.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 7, 2015 20:35

Get well soon B.B you are amazing

Nate thumbs up

Date: April 7, 2015 22:32

I just played the 1968 LP Lucille in his honor
video: [www.youtube.com]

get well soon BB

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 23:07

Saw him open for the Stones in 1969 MS Garden

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2015 01:04

From Relix magazine:

B.B. King Hospitalized, Paramedics Say He May Have Had Minor Heart Attack

> B.B. King

Legendary blues guitarist B.B. King was admitted back into the hospital yesterday, according to a local Las Vegas report. King's daughter, Patty, said her father wasn't eating and was dehydrated, so she took him to the hospital for observation.

Paramedics ran tests and determined that King might have suffered a minor heart attack. The 89-year-old was released and returned home later in the evening.

A separate report by TMZ suggests that King's daughter was forced to call the police yesterday over a dispute with King's longtime manager Laverne Toney, who refused to let King take her father to the hospital. Responding officers called in paramedics, who agreed the musician needed to be checked out by doctors.

Patty and her husband also filed a police report last November claiming elder abuse and burglary, accusing Toney and her assistant of stealing $20-30 million from B.B., withholding medication and more.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

From TMZ:

B.B. King
Daughter Claims Elder Abuse
Police Called in Dispute Over Care

> B.B. King

Blues legend B.B. King's daughter believes he is being abused ... and called police Thursday to settle a dispute over whether he needed to be hospitalized.

TMZ has learned there's a huge battle over B.B.'s care -- between his daughter Patty King and his longtime manager Laverne Toney. Patty, who lives with her father in Las Vegas ... tells us she wanted to take him to the hospital because his urine was orange and he wasn't eating.

She claims Toney -- who has power of attorney over B.B. -- refused, so Patty called police. Responding officers called in paramedics, who agreed B.B. needed to be checked out by doctors.

89-year-old King was treated at the hospital -- and Patty says he suffered a minor heart attack. She also says this photo was taken during his brief stay, and she hopes the image will convince authorities something needs to be done to protect him.

Patty and her boyfriend filed a police report last November ... claiming elder abuse, and burglary. They accused Toney and her assistant of fleecing $20-$30 million from B.B., withholding his medications while on tour -- and jacking several Rolexes and a ring valued at $250k.

Police are investigating, but no charges have been filed yet.

We've reached out to Toney for comment, but so far no word back. Patty says she's meeting with her attorney to discuss wrestling power of attorney away from Toney.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Update from NBC news:

Blues King, B.B. King, Tell Fans He's in Las Vegas Hospice

B.B. King
Blues legend B.B. King is telling fans he's in hospice care at home in Las Vegas.

The 89-year-old musician posted thanks to fans on his official website Friday for well-wishes and prayers.

Las Vegas police Officer Jesse Roybal says an ambulance was summoned Thursday to King's address and a person was hospitalized following what was characterized as a dispute over medical care.

The hospitalization was the second in a month for King, who was diagnosed with diabetes decades ago.

In October, he canceled the final shows of his 2014 tour after falling ill in Chicago.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer has released more than 50 albums and sold millions of records worldwide.

Representatives for King didn't immediately respond to messages from The Associated Press.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-02 01:26 by Hairball.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 2, 2015 01:34

Oh, god, this is awful. I'm tearing up thinking about BB like that. It's just so sad. I know he hasn't long left, but hopefully he can see out whatever time he does have in dignity and security, if not the blaze of autumn sunshine he truly deserves. A wonderful human being and a musical giant who has given so much to so many lives.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: May 2, 2015 01:46

sadly he's gone. RIP.

Date: May 2, 2015 01:52

This is really sad news.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 2, 2015 02:02

MrTurner
sadly he's gone. RIP.

Not so fast MrTurner, he may be failing but he isn't gone yet. Praying for his well being today.

peace

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 2, 2015 02:04

Let's not get B.B. and Ben E mixed up

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: May 2, 2015 02:05

Naturalust
MrTurner
sadly he's gone. RIP.

Not so fast MrTurner, he may be failing but he isn't gone yet. Praying for his well being today.

peace

oops sorry I think I did.

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: May 2, 2015 15:17

Hospice care, means game over. No more treatment. Just allowed to pass with comfort and dignity. No more tests, bloodwork, etc. A truly great man will be leaving us soon. Thanks for all the memories BB.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: May 2, 2015 15:17

BB has been moved to hospice care- prayers up and respect!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 2, 2015 16:56

If true about the family issues, what a sad story about one of the great blues players. I still listen to his music with 'The Thrill Is Gone' one of my fave songs of all time. If you haven't heard it in awhile or at all, check out one of the best albums B.B. ever did - Indianola Mississippi Seeds. This is in my permanent top 10 listens, ain't a bad track on it, and Carole King-Joe Walsh-Leon Russell are part of the backing band.

[www.youtube.com]

Best wishes to you, Mister King.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 2, 2015 20:45

So glad I saw him play at his club in New York late 1990's or sometime before 2003.

It was great and I will always remember it. Cheers BB King. smileys with beer

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: May 3, 2015 00:05

1978 Roanoke Civic Center- I went with a couple other college longhairs, higher than the proverbial Georgia pine to see BB King with Bobby Blue Bland opening- to our surprise it was a 90% older black audience in formal wear (gowns, tuxedos)- one of the best shows I've ever seen and a treasured memory- peace and God bless this great American.

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 4, 2015 11:08

100 years from now BB King will be one of just a handful of bluesman history remembers. He will go down in history, we are lucky to have lived at the same time as him and to have seen him play.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 8, 2015 17:44

B.B. King's family loses bid for control of his affairs

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Noted blues man B.B. King — his health failing at age 89 — is in the middle of tug of war between some of children and his longtime manager.

Three of King's 11 surviving children in a bid to take control over their father's affairs said they suspect the blues legend's manager of stealing his money and neglecting his medical care while blocking them from seeing him in home hospice care.

But a judge in Las Vegas tossed the dispute out of court Thursday, saying two investigations found no evidence King was being abused and that King's longtime business manager, Laverne Toney, should remain in legal control of his affairs.

Toney and King's lead attorney, Brent Bryson, deny the allegations by three of King's children, Karen Williams, Rita Washington and Patty King. They say the children can schedule visits just like they always have been able to do.

King's personal lawyer, Arthur Williams Jr., and his physician, Dr. Darin Brimhall, said outside the Clark County Family Court hearing that they saw no neglect or abuse.

King, who suffers from diabetes, did not attend.

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2015 08:50

Sad news....RIP B.B. KING.

> BB King

Date: May 15, 2015 08:51

Hairball
Sad news....RIP B.B. KING.

> BB King

beat me to it

Date: May 15, 2015 08:57

sad news indeed.
time to change the title thread.

Re: B.B. King passed away
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 09:19

Very sad news, the passing of a great talentsad smileyRIP

R.I.P Riley B king
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 15, 2015 09:10

thumbs down

Re: R.I.P Riley B king
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 15, 2015 09:12

Who is Riley B king?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home