Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Usual suspects top the Sunday Times rich list of musicians (UK & Ireland)
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 23, 2015 16:39

Maybe the proceeds from the US tour will allow Mick and Keith to jump up the list winking smiley

Top 10 U.K. and Ireland rich list

1. Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell $1.1bn (£730m)
2. Andrew Lloyd-Webber $976m (£650m)
3. U2 $637m (£431m)
4. Elton John $406m (£270m)
5. Mick Jagger $338m (£225m)
6. Keith Richards $315m (£210m}
7. Michael Flatley $293m (£195m)
=8. Ringo Starr $270m (£180m)
=8. Sting $270m (£180m)
9. Roger Waters $240m (£160m)

Re: Usual suspects top the Sunday Times rich list of musicians (UK & Ireland)
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 23, 2015 16:43

I feel bad for U2 that they have to split their wealth fourways. smoking smiley

Date: April 23, 2015 16:46

The list I read had Bono on third place cool smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:05

<<Maybe the proceeds from the US tour will allow Mick and Keith to jump up the list>>

They could jump up the list by pooling their names together as The Rolling Stones.

It boggles the mind that several have made considerably more than the Jagger/Richards songwriting team's 400 songs and decades worth of record-breaking mega tours.

Maybe Allen Klein is the reason for this?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:15

Beast
Maybe the proceeds from the US tour will allow Mick and Keith to jump up the list winking smiley

3. U2 $637m (£431m)
=8. Sting $270m (£180m)

...So now we know how much Mick gets extra for his managerial duties. smoking smiley (see question in a different thread.)

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:30

Is this also a list of celebrities who have a "holier-than-thou" attitude when it comes to charity work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 17:31 by RomanCandle.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:44

Since Mick and Keith have had more or less identical career earnings, I guess we can surmise from this list Keith has spent $23M on drugs in his lifetime! smoking smiley

And if anyone happens to run into Ringo please give him a few dollars so he can move a notch up into 8th place, ahead of Sting. It's bad enough Ringo has had to endure decades or criticism for his drumming, but at least the guy deserves to be ahead of that pompous egomaniac Sting, for his 50+ years of work.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 20:40 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:57

RomanCandle
Is this also a list of celebrities who have a "holier-than-thou" attitude when it comes to charity work?

I don't really get what you're trying to say, actually.

...If one is (filthy) rich, one shouldn't do charity work?!

...If one is (filthy) rich, one should give all money etc. away, so there 'd be no need for charity work anymore?!

...If one is (filthy) rich, one is to blame for all the needs in the world that require charity work?!

(Although: come to think of it, that second one might - maybe not in this case, but generally speaking - actually be TRUE. smoking smiley )

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 23, 2015 18:14

RoughJusticeOnYa
RomanCandle

...If one is (filthy) rich, one shouldn't do charity work?!

...If one is (filthy) rich, one should give all money etc. away, so there 'd be no need for charity work anymore?!

...If one is (filthy) rich, one is to blame for all the needs in the world that require charity work?!

(Although: come to think of it, that second one might - maybe not in this case, but generally speaking - actually be TRUE. smoking smiley )

When your annual earnings are as obscene you'd better shut the f-uck up and don't tell non-wealthy people what to do, with their money, time, food or non-environmental behavior. Again, I don't say that their speeches are false because they are wealthy, I never really listen to them actually, just that their behaviour is annoying and insulting.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 18:15 by RomanCandle.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 23, 2015 19:35

RoughJusticeOnYa
RomanCandle

Seems like lame attempt of bonobashing...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 23, 2015 19:43

There must be some margin of error so I would treat with caution the apparant difference between Mick and Keith's individually quoted wealth.
Remember when Macca was going through his divorce? Even allowing for his counsels strategy of underplaying his financial position, his apparant wealth at the time was way below the media's estimates.
Macca has also retained his UK domicile in comparison to the Glimmers who have saved many fortunes by their legitimate tax avoidance arrangements.
If the figures are reasonably accurate, it would suggest that for some artists (Ringo, Jimmy Page for example) there is still a lot of dosh to be earned from record royalties.They cannot be increasing their wealth from performances.
My hunch also is that the ABKCO records royalty rates paid to the Stones(divide by ?5) may not be as generous as others.
Does anyone know what Prince Rupert's estate was valued at? As with the Stones, I suspect it was all pretty guarded, although I dont think he was ever a tax exile, unlike his most famous clients.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: April 23, 2015 21:03

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 24, 2015 00:45

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 24, 2015 05:34

What the Hades are Andrew Lloyd Webber and Michael Flatley doing on this list? Have they done anything new recently? But, than again, have Jagger or Richards done anything new? And who is Nancy Shevell? I know I'm old, set in my ways, like what I like, but, damn!, I ain't that old that I shouldn't know who Nancy is.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: April 24, 2015 10:46

The Rolling Stones don't make their charity giving public knowledge. Keith has given financial support to starving children across the world for years, and when a hurricane hit Haiti a few years ago he immediately sent airplanes full of food and supplies.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 24, 2015 19:44

dmay
What the Hades are Andrew Lloyd Webber and Michael Flatley doing on this list? Have they done anything new recently? But, than again, have Jagger or Richards done anything new? And who is Nancy Shevell? I know I'm old, set in my ways, like what I like, but, damn!, I ain't that old that I shouldn't know who Nancy is.

His wife and I think the list is current net worth (how would anyone know that - usually the person they are talking about does not even know). So does not matter what they have done recently.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 24, 2015 19:45

Ringo. Luckiest man in the world. He was good, he was 100% Beatle and 25% of the band. But also very lucky.

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 4, 2015 11:28

i love that on the same board people are complaining about the ticket prices there is a thread keeping score based on the wealth of keith and mick. lol.

i can't wait until the day Mick gets asked about high ticket prices and he says "we are doing it for the fans, they get disappointed when we fall below Elton John on the Sunday
Times Rich list"

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 4, 2015 13:56

RoughJusticeOnYa
Beast

3. U2 $637m (£431m)
=8. Sting $270m (£180m)

...So now we know how much Mick gets extra for his managerial duties. smoking smiley (see question in a different thread.)

Or what Keith's lost due to his drug addiction...

Posted by: ChelseaGirls ()
Date: May 4, 2015 15:08

chatoyancy
The Rolling Stones don't make their charity giving public knowledge. Keith has given financial support to starving children across the world for years, and when a hurricane hit Haiti a few years ago he immediately sent airplanes full of food and supplies.

Fantastic! I am impressed. I mean, what a sense of abnegation!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 4, 2015 15:23

Chelsea Girls, I don't get what your point is. We all know they are obscenely rich, they know it too and seem to be able to live with it.
Do you want their conscience to overwhelm them, so they start hating themselves for what they are?

Date: May 4, 2015 16:00

Love the way you caricature my views with your "either this or that" way of thinking but it does NOT work. Sorry.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 4, 2015 16:10

I just wanna know how exactly Mick and Keith would have to act in order to achieve your idea of moral integrity.

Date: May 4, 2015 18:23

Stop living in their ivory towers?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 4, 2015 19:19

Interesting. For all of the pictures I've seen of the residences Keith & Mick have lived in over the years, I've NEVER seen a single Ivory tower. I'm thinking that ChelseaGirls is just a wee bit jealous/envious.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 4, 2015 19:24

OK I knew that someone would make the joke. If that is not a joke, f-uck off. winking smiley

Date: May 4, 2015 19:54

Now I'm SURE that ChelseaGirls is jealous or envious. Possibly a former partner (business or otherwise) who feels they are entitled to some of that wealth? Care to enlighten us as to your true mission here or are you just yet another Roman Troll?

No need to cuss me... There's a good chance I'm lower on the economic totem pole than you are! I just don't think I'm quite as judgmental about those who are above me as you seem to be. And that's assuming you're not currently typing from you're OWN Ivory tower. Let me guess, someone peed in you mint julep and you lost the trifecta at Churchill Downs over the weekend? Did the Rolling Stones refuse to play your "Look How Philanthropic I Am" fundraiser this year?

Note: I case you haven't figured it out, it's ALL a joke! Laughing at yourself when you're the punch line is part of the fun!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 4, 2015 20:07

mr_dja
Now I'm SURE that ChelseaGirls is jealous or envious. Possibly a former partner (business or otherwise) who feels they are entitled to some of that wealth? Care to enlighten us as to your true mission here or are you just yet another Roman Troll?

No need to cuss me... There's a good chance I'm lower on the economic totem pole than you are! I just don't think I'm quite as judgmental about those who are above me as you seem to be. And that's assuming you're not currently typing from you're OWN Ivory tower. Let me guess, someone peed in you mint julep and you lost the trifecta at Churchill Downs over the weekend? Did the Rolling Stones refuse to play your "Look How Philanthropic I Am" fundraiser this year?

Stop writing when you are drunk, FFS!

Date: May 4, 2015 20:27

Stone cold sober ChelseaGirls. Working stiffs like me can't afford to be drinking during the day. I don't think I've ever been drunk online for that matter. Can't imagine what the appeal of that would be. Care to enlighten me?

Apologies if I got too close to determining the root cause of your envy. I'll quit guessing so as not to jeopardize your anonymity.

Here's hoping that your next fundraiser is successful beyond your wildest dreams & expectations! (Note even a little bit of a joke there)

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 4, 2015 20:39

"The roots cause of your envy"... well... not sure what do you mean by this... could you explain? smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-04 20:40 by ChelseaGirls.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1333
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home