Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Acoustic Album: What If?
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 28, 2011 14:27

This thread should not be taken seriously. Have fun and let your imaginations roll.

I almost wish they would do an all acoustic blues and country album. I think that could be cool.

Never really thought about it before. Wonder why they never did one.

What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-28 14:28 by MingSubu.

Re: Acoustic Album: What If?
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 28, 2011 14:42

Agreed. I've always sai this since tattoo you. Their days of producing cuting edge rock and roll are over, long over. So it makes perfect sense to go back to what they excel at. Stripped gave us a short insight into what they can do in this area and they still have the ability to produce great country and acoustic blues. Two guitars, keith and mick on vocals, charlie (bill if possible) and a piano (not chuck drowning everything out). It would work, it would sell and it would be a fine way to bow out rather than another ABB. I hate to see my favourite band fading out like they have been.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 28, 2011 15:03

crumbling_mice
Agreed. I've always sai this since tattoo you. Their days of producing cuting edge rock and roll are over, long over. So it makes perfect sense to go back to what they excel at. Stripped gave us a short insight into what they can do in this area and they still have the ability to produce great country and acoustic blues. Two guitars, keith and mick on vocals, charlie (bill if possible) and a piano (not chuck drowning everything out). It would work, it would sell and it would be a fine way to bow out rather than another ABB. I hate to see my favourite band fading out like they have been.

Totally agree!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 28, 2011 16:15

If a finished song just happened to turn out fully acoustic, fine, but I don't think they are the kind of band who would enjoy the challenge of deciding to work within any sort of musical straitjacket like a strictly acoustic album. The fashion for "unplugged" albums had come and nearly gone by the time they made Stripped, and they probably felt that doing one of their own would just look like jumping on the bandwagon a bit late - so they didn't.

Having said all that, Stripped was great, I love all their acoustic-ish songs and I'd be very happy to hear an album of that kind of material - but new songs this time, not reworkings of old ones. For all the gloomy speculation, we don't actually know what Keith's guitar skills are like these days, but I suspect he might find acoustic easier than electric.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:01

crumbling_mice

well put. agreed. and indeed I agree that it would sell!!!!!!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:28

Yeah as long as they do Blind Willie McTell's --- Scarey Day Blues

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:38

MingSubu
This thread should not be taken seriously. Have fun and let your imaginations roll.

I almost wish they would do an all acoustic blues and country album. I think that could be cool.

Never really thought about it before. Wonder why they never did one.

What do you think?

It's coming, but probably down the road a little bit after they take care of this 50th anniversary business. Of course the key is always going to be health from here on in.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:38

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:39

Good shout on that one Rockman

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:39

acoustic in the way Beggars Banquet is acoustic... x)
I just love how most of the album is kinda quiet and acoustic and suddenly you get punched by Stray Cat Blues.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:43

or, a better one, "When Can I Change My Clothes" - unfortunately I couldn't find a good version...
"the Stones Play Bukka White" would be such a treat.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: May 29, 2011 13:00

music is always acoustic, or did i get something wrong...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home