Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Backstage 1976
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 25, 2011 20:40

Anyone seen this?

Re: Rolling Stones Backstage 1976
Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 25, 2011 20:43

Is that Tony Palmer footage?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 25, 2011 21:15

Ronnie's footage, yes ,if I am not mistaken but Keith's one after 2:36 ,no
Could it be on my 76's video bootlegs & I hadn't seen it ?

Then there is Mick at the Olympics, 1976 ,right ?

After 2:38, I am almost sure I never saw it .
Where did you get that,steffie ?smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 25, 2011 21:20

SwayStones

Do you mean after 1.38?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 25, 2011 21:34

Ironic words from Keith around the 0:54 mark...

The Tony Palmer footage for 'All you Need is Love' was from '75, surely?

Might this be from ITV's "Stones on the Road" special from the '76 tour? (I havent seen it in ages, so I cant remember). There were quite a few backstage clips on that one..

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 25, 2011 21:54

No, I have never seen this. Thanks for posting it!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 25, 2011 22:00

steffiestones
SwayStones

Do you mean after 1.38?

Yes,I did mean "after 1:38" smiling smiley
My bad ...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 25, 2011 23:43

Gazza
Might this be from ITV's "Stones on the Road" special from the '76 tour? (I havent seen it in ages, so I cant remember). There were quite a few backstage clips on that one..

Yep, I remember watching it avidly on TV with my Mum and Dad (they were not impressed) in 1976 round about the time I saw them at Stafford Bingley Hall.

There's a great little snippet in the program of Keith and Ronnie tuning up before the gig and playing Honky Tonk Women, just the two of them.

Is this the one where Mick calls the french "The Frogs" while watching a European Cup game on the telly?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 25, 2011 23:49

Nah, this is the 1976 band:

2 1 2 0

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 25, 2011 23:52

yup, this is all from the Stones on the Road doc

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 26, 2011 00:17

Good post steffie...my favorite stones - the firt year I hd the pleasure to worship at the alter of The Stones

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 26, 2011 11:51

Gazza

All You Need Is Love - the Tony Palmer documentary came out in 68 I believe. I've been trying to find the ITV Stones special for some time now. I don't think it has appeared on any silver disc boot DVDs. From what I recall there is footage of Mick arriving at Earl's Court on the back of a motorbike. Anyone know where I can find it?

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: May 31, 2011 01:16

Its from an ITV programme called "This Week" I have an old C90 tape I made of it at the time. Before videos and all that new fangled stuff.

Date: May 31, 2011 01:40

Silver Dagger
Gazza

All You Need Is Love - the Tony Palmer documentary came out in 68 I believe. I've been trying to find the ITV Stones special for some time now. I don't think it has appeared on any silver disc boot DVDs. From what I recall there is footage of Mick arriving at Earl's Court on the back of a motorbike. Anyone know where I can find it?

Definitely mid/late 70s. There's footage of the Stones backstage at Fort Collins 1976 with Elton. I remember watching the series on Saturday nights on ITV around 1976-77.

the only copy I have of the 'Stones on the road' documentary was from Swiss TV, with German overdubs. Which doesnt exactly make for easy viewing. Dont think it was ever repeated on ITV. In fact, I cant recall ANY ITV made programme on the Stones being produced since then. Even one thats used footage from elsewhere. Even the likes of Channel 4 and the now defunct L!ve TV have done Stones' specials.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-31 01:40 by Gazza.

delete
Posted by: GilbertsGirl ()
Date: May 31, 2011 09:05

delete

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-31 00:18 by GilbertsGirl.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 31, 2011 10:55

Gazza
Silver Dagger
Gazza

Definitely mid/late 70s. There's footage of the Stones backstage at Fort Collins 1976 with Elton. I remember watching the series on Saturday nights on ITV around 1976-77.

the only copy I have of the 'Stones on the road' documentary was from Swiss TV, with German overdubs. Which doesnt exactly make for easy viewing. Dont think it was ever repeated on ITV. In fact, I cant recall ANY ITV made programme on the Stones being produced since then. Even one thats used footage from elsewhere. Even the likes of Channel 4 and the now defunct L!ve TV have done Stones' specials.

Just checked DVD collection and the one I was thinking about is called All My Loving. Knew it was a Beatles title and produced by Tony Palmer.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 31, 2011 12:24

Gazza
Silver Dagger
Gazza

All you need is love: the Stones bit is from 1975. The 1976 backstage bit is from the docu Stones on the road. It's been on youtube for quite a while and some bootleggers sell it.

Date: May 31, 2011 14:37

Fort Collins - '75, not '76. My typo!

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: May 31, 2011 18:04

go to Freemantlemediaarchive.com Register, (its free and easy and quick) then search for Stones on The Road and you can watch the whole half hour! Brilliant!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home