Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Jamming With Edward
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2021 05:23

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 16, 2021 05:47

I don't recall that song off hand, I have that flashpoint + collectibles though, have to dig it out and dig it.

Or, I am sure its on youtube.

jb

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 16, 2021 06:23

Thanks Rock!! So Rarities and the Singles box that I forget I have have it too!! Now I wanna know what’s on that Almost Hear You Sign single I can’t open. All my stuff is packed so I’ll need to search it out!! And yes JB give it a listen on YouTube!

Date: August 16, 2021 06:38

Dug it out and of course Rockman is correct, another hidden gem. Though I have not listened all the way through this Collectibles disk yet, all the titles show some promise. I bought this a long long time ago (the ticket for wheelchair access for their No Security Tour was inside the packaging, had forgotten all about that show) and not sure I even listened to it before. Thanks for drawing it to my attention.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2021 07:12

Now I wanna know what’s on that Almost Hear You Sign single I can’t open.

Hey yeah same here Voodoo ....
dunno know where I've got it stored
but picked it up some years ago and couldnt open it

ROCKMAN

Date: August 16, 2021 07:44

I got keef in the kan but not that Urban Jungle can.

jb

Re: jamming with Edward and/or Cook Cook Blues
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 16, 2021 10:54

VoodooLounge13
jbwelda
oh yeah that Flashpoint + collectibles cd, I have that, had forgotten about it because I don't think I even played it, having all the "collectible" material already.

Fancy Man Blues is ok, not up to Cook Cook Blues in my view. Edit to add, just listened to Fancy Man Blues, and yep, another great hidden track.

jb

So I was listening to a burned CD over the weekend in the car of SW, and I thought it was just that album, but I'd put the 3 B-Sides and 2 Flashpoint songs on it as well. I have Fancy Man Blues, Cook Cook Blues, and Wish I'd Never Met You back to back to back, and boy that was a great 3 pack of blues!!! They really can play the blues - their own blues - when they want to!! Fancy Man is my fave of those. Have they ever played a B-Side live? That would be something!! Jump On Top of Me would be my vote for it!! Imagine if they did the song vote using all B-Sides!!! Never happen but would be cool!!!

Jump on top of me was played live at the second paradiso-gig 1995 and at a soundcheck in 1999

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 16, 2021 13:13

I mixed up Jamming with Edward and Lee Perry's Superape on one disc - for me the ultimate 'chill out' album.................at least once a week, often more thumbs up

Date: August 16, 2021 15:44

Rockman

Now I wanna know what’s on that Almost Hear You Sign single I can’t open.

Hey yeah same here Voodoo ....
dunno know where I've got it stored
but picked it up some years ago and couldnt open it

That's the one Rockman!! OK so I'm NOT losing my mind - it is on there!! I used to be able to open, rather difficultly, but as years went by, it became harder and harder until it just won't open anymore. The tin has a slight discoloring to it over time as well.

Re: jamming with Edward and/or Cook Cook Blues
Date: August 16, 2021 15:45

deardoctor
VoodooLounge13
jbwelda
oh yeah that Flashpoint + collectibles cd, I have that, had forgotten about it because I don't think I even played it, having all the "collectible" material already.

Fancy Man Blues is ok, not up to Cook Cook Blues in my view. Edit to add, just listened to Fancy Man Blues, and yep, another great hidden track.

jb

So I was listening to a burned CD over the weekend in the car of SW, and I thought it was just that album, but I'd put the 3 B-Sides and 2 Flashpoint songs on it as well. I have Fancy Man Blues, Cook Cook Blues, and Wish I'd Never Met You back to back to back, and boy that was a great 3 pack of blues!!! They really can play the blues - their own blues - when they want to!! Fancy Man is my fave of those. Have they ever played a B-Side live? That would be something!! Jump On Top of Me would be my vote for it!! Imagine if they did the song vote using all B-Sides!!! Never happen but would be cool!!!

Jump on top of me was played live at the second paradiso-gig 1995 and at a soundcheck in 1999

Wow! That is awesome!! Did not know that! Wonder what made them do that?! Those in attendance certainly got a real treat!

Date: August 16, 2021 18:15

EddieByword
I mixed up Jamming with Edward and Lee Perry's Superape on one disc - for me the ultimate 'chill out' album.................at least once a week, often more thumbs up

I cannot for the life of me see any similarity between the two. But I guess if it works for you.

jb

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 16, 2021 20:30

jbwelda
EddieByword

I cannot for the life of me see any similarity between the two. But I guess if it works for you.

jb

On paper, yes, I agree - the thing in common is the laid back vibe I guess - the songs just flow into each other...........

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home