Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
alice cooper says the stones are touring
Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: May 9, 2011 05:48

i just caught a few minutes of alice cooper on a late night talk show discussing keith richards and the stones. he said he was talking to keith this week and that the band is rehearsing right now for a tour.
this seems to go counter to what everyone else is saying... and really, could they be rehearsing and we don't know about it?

If ya cant trust Alice Cooper...
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2011 05:51

If ya cant trust Alice Cooper, ya cant trust nobody
Viola..... the tour is on..... see you there.

Re: alice cooper says the stones are touring
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 9, 2011 05:52

could they be rehearsing and we don't know about it?

......................... YEP!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 9, 2011 06:05

Alice Cooper would be a reliable source, but it seems very unlikely they could be rehearsing without already announcing a tour. Maybe they are playing together in preparation for recording some new material? Or, maybe Keith was just making it up?

Date: May 9, 2011 06:08

I can only imagine the comedians talking about this tour, back in 1989 they were calling it the STEEL WHEELCHAIRS tour, and that was like 10 years ago, what will they say now?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-09 06:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 9, 2011 06:33

Max'sKansasCity
I can only imagine the comedians talking about this tour, back in 1989 they were calling it the STEEL WHEELCHAIRS tour, and that was like 10 years ago, what will they say now?

They'll say your math is off. That was 22 years ago.

Date: May 9, 2011 06:59

Long John Stoner
Max'sKansasCity

They'll say your math is off. That was 22 years ago.

The Sicilian
The equation does not add the centuries, only debunkers try to.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 9, 2011 07:13

News of a Rolling Stones tour..stonescrow this only calls for one thing "The Rolling Stones 2012 World Tour" thread..Take it away mate,this one's yours!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-09 07:16 by colonial.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 9, 2011 07:39

colonial
News of a Rolling Stones tour..stonescrow this only calls for one thing "The Rolling Stones 2012 World Tour" thread..Take it away mate,this one's yours!

Thanks, mate, but I insist you take it! I am nothing but a mere drama queen and half ass cheerleader and can never match your devotion to the greatest rock 'n' roll band the world has ever known! If anyone deserves it, it is you, mate! Let the countdown begin!

Date: May 9, 2011 07:46

canadian.sway
i just caught a few minutes of alice cooper on a late night talk show discussing keith richards and the stones. he said he was talking to keith this week and that the band is rehearsing right now for a tour.
this seems to go counter to what everyone else is saying... and really, could they be rehearsing and we don't know about it?

Yeah, that's my Stones!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 9, 2011 08:07

What now, Celebrity Guest Stones Tour Speculation threads? I wonder what Gary Busey and Meat Loaf have to say about the Stones touring?

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: May 9, 2011 09:03

I've never seen the Stones in concert.

I hope they tour so I can one day tell my kids I got to see the Greatest Rock n' Roll Band in the World perform.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 9, 2011 10:18

canadian.sway
i just caught a few minutes of alice cooper on a late night talk show

smiling smiley From what year ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 9, 2011 10:51

Great news if it's true...but...

Ronnie has been in the Uk for several weeks, Jagger in the carribean and Keith in New York. Blondie touring as is Bernard. So, if they have been rehearsing where and when?

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: May 9, 2011 12:07

Yeah, Yeah, Alice Cooper, sure thing, "The Coop".... I think this is the announcement about the rehearsals

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 9, 2011 12:09

stonescrow
colonial

Thanks, mate, but I insist you take it! I am nothing but a mere drama queen and half ass cheerleader and can never match your devotion to the greatest rock 'n' roll band the world has ever known! If anyone deserves it, it is you, mate! Let the countdown begin!

stonescrow..gee' mate! If I do another thread that as much as sounds like a tour is on...Skipstone will start picking on me again..eye rolling smiley

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 9, 2011 12:26

Last night I dreamt of a new Zep album. I even heard the new single in my sleep, which was crap, in the manner of "The Song Remains The Same", and certain Physical Graffiti kind of stuff. - Little resemblance with the magnificent first four.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 9, 2011 13:14

brian jones says he will be at the final concert in castricum, holland tomorrow
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 9, 2011 13:28

canadian.sway

OK, canadian.sway, would you please detail by date and time and channel, and, eventually, when that late night talk was screened, if it not was life broadcast?

Any link to see it?

Thank you.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 9, 2011 13:47

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-09 13:50 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 9, 2011 14:19

This was on shidoobee seven weeks ago and we're just now hearing about it ?

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: May 9, 2011 14:22

Hi Guys,
The show was from last night. It was on here in Ontario at around 10:00pm or so.
The show was called the Joy Behar show. I am trying to find a video clip online. Apparently the show originally aired March 18th and this was a rebroadcast.

I did find this transcript of the show:

COOPER: It`s spec -- we opened for them in that show. We opened in about three for four cities for them.

BEHAR: Did you?

COOPER: Yeah. But Mick Jagger does a half an hour on a treadmill, and then does three hours on stage. He`s 66. 67?

BEHAR: Oh, yeah, sure, if he`s a day.

COOPER: Unbelievable. He`s a phenomenon. I mean, nobody`s in that good a shape.

BEHAR: Do you think he and Keith Richards actually like each other or not?

COOPER: Yeah, I think they do.

BEHAR: Do you think they do?

COOPER: Yes.

BEHAR: And I was surprised to see that Keith Richards actually writes all the music.

COOPER: Keith Richards--

BEHAR: He`s brilliant.

COOPER: -- is a modern-day medical miracle.

(LAUGHTER)

COOPER: If you got a transfusion of his blood, all of us would be dead in about an hour. But somehow, what would kill us is keeping him alive.

BEHAR: Yes, I think so. So they do get along, those two?

COOPER: Yes, they do.

BEHAR: He used to say he wrote songs so that Mick would look good on stage.

COOPER: Well, I mean, back and forth, those two guys back and forth, I thought the book might have sunk the Rolling Stones.

BEHAR: But they don`t care.

COOPER: I don`t think they care at all.

BEHAR: I think they`re just happy making gazillions of dollars.

COOPER: They`re rehearsing right now for a new tour.

BEHAR: They`re a still phenomenal, you know, tour group. Just like you are.

COOPER: They`re the Stones. And we look up to the Stones, because they were -- I was in high school when the Stones came out. And we just went -- this is -- my parents hate these guys so much, I love them.

BEHAR: And your parents hated them.

COOPER: Oh, yeah.

(CROSSTALK)

COOPER: They liked the Beatles.

BEHAR: They liked -- well, the Beatles had that cute haircut and they were, you know, can`t find me love, it was all very nice.

COOPER: Yes, it was.

BEHAR: And the Stones were dangerous.

COOPER: The Stones were dangerous. We looked at the Stones and said, we`re going to make them look like choir boys.

BEHAR: And you did -- but I mean, in retrospect, do you think you were more dangerous than the Stones?

COOPER: I think that we were more dangerous. See, we weren`t druggies. We weren`t getting busted for drugs and things like that. I think that our terror was more cerebral. I think that when people saw us, saw the name Alice Cooper and a snake and the makeup, and they looked at their kids -- and the kids were going, yes! Because the parents were going --

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 9, 2011 14:54

canadian.sway
Apparently the show originally aired March 18th and this was a rebroadcast.

Thank you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 9, 2011 15:06

canadian.sway

His words. Not Keith's. And being a celebrity doesnt make his opinion any more valid.

Plus, as we know now this interview is two months old, its clear he's wrong.

The Stones never rehearse for a tour until some considerable time AFTER it's been announced and shows have been put on sale.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: May 9, 2011 17:00

Joy behar??!! What a piece of crap.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 9, 2011 18:36

He also said "school's out forever". That never happened.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 9, 2011 19:02

better change the thread title to "alice cooper talks rubbish"

Date: May 9, 2011 20:03

colonial
stonescrow
colonial

stonescrow..gee' mate! If I do another thread that as much as sounds like a tour is on...Skipstone will start picking on me again..eye rolling smiley

Well, we don't want that, so maybe wait until it's official. The year will go by fast and before you know it we will have official confirmation. I think we will have something official sometime within the next 12 months and 22 days, May 31, 2012 at the latest.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 9, 2011 20:45

Probably a reference to Keith's return to the studio- which Alice assumed would involve the rest of the band.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 9, 2011 23:46

COOPER: Well, I mean, back and forth, those two guys back and forth, I thought the book might have sunk the Rolling Stones.

I agree with Alice Cooper, the Rolling Stones are history after this book

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1254
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home