Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger attends 2011 Costume Institute Gala
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 6, 2011 12:49

Mick Jagger attends star-studded 2011 Costume Institute Gala
By Carla Hay
Rolling Stones Examine

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger was among the numerours celebrities who attended the annual Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. This year's event, which took place on May 2, was also the official unveiling of the Costume Institute Gala exhibit "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty," a tribute to fashion designer Alexander McQueen, who committed suicide in February 2010.
Jagger was accompanied by his longtime girlfriend, fashion designer L'Wren Scott. Other celebrities at the event included Madonna, Paul McCartney, Beyoncé Knowles, Jay-Z, Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas, Josh Duhamel, Colin Firth, Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, Iman, Taylor Swift, Salma Hayek, Penélope Cruz, Barbara Walters, Rihanna, Renée Zellweger, John Legend, Orlando Bloom, Kanye West, Tommy Hilfiger, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Eva Mendes, Claire Danes, Hugh Dancy, Naomi Campbell, Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Hudson, Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning, Vera Wang, Bruno Mars, Oscar de la Renta, Liv Tyler, Stella McCartney, Karl Lagerfeld, Mary-Kate Olsen, Ashley Olsen, Sarah Jessica Parker, Naomi Watts and "Glee" stars Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele and Dianna Agron.

I like this one. We know she is much taller than Mick, so how did they do it? special sneakers will not help, he probably wore stiltswinking smiley But still he looks fantastic

[www.examiner.com]

Re: Mick Jagger attends 2011 Costume Institute Gala
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2011 13:05

so how did they do it?

they are on stairs ....Mick is on the step above her

ROCKMAN

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 6, 2011 13:07

There is very fanny pic of Mick and Paul but I can't post it.

THERE was a rock-off on the red carpet when the Stones rolled up with the Beatles. Sir Paul McCartney was there with girlfriend Nancy Shevell to support his fashion designer daughter Stella.
Stones frontman Mick Jagger tagged along with his stylist-turned-designer girlfriend L'Wren Scott. Macca turned up in his Mull Of Kintyre tartan while Jumpin' Jack was a little less flash.

for photo
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: twenny revlights ()
Date: May 6, 2011 14:11

proudmary, thanks for that first pic of lwren, she looks better
than ever

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 6, 2011 14:46

proudmary
By Carla Hay
Rolling Stones Examine

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger was among the numerours celebrities who attended the annual Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. This year's event, which took place on May 2, was also the official unveiling of the Costume Institute Gala exhibit "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty," a tribute to fashion designer Alexander McQueen, who committed suicide in February 2010.
Jagger was accompanied by his longtime girlfriend, fashion designer L'Wren Scott. Other celebrities at the event included Madonna, Paul McCartney, Beyoncé Knowles, Jay-Z, Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas, Josh Duhamel, Colin Firth, Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, Iman, Taylor Swift, Salma Hayek, Penélope Cruz, Barbara Walters, Rihanna, Renée Zellweger, John Legend, Orlando Bloom, Kanye West, Tommy Hilfiger, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Eva Mendes, Claire Danes, Hugh Dancy, Naomi Campbell, Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Hudson, Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning, Vera Wang, Bruno Mars, Oscar de la Renta, Liv Tyler, Stella McCartney, Karl Lagerfeld, Mary-Kate Olsen, Ashley Olsen, Sarah Jessica Parker, Naomi Watts and "Glee" stars Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele and Dianna Agron.

I like this one. We know she is much taller than Mick, so how did they do it? special sneakers will not help, he probably wore stiltswinking smiley But still he looks fantastic

[www.examiner.com]

Mick looking really great. Respect to his hair colourist - shame Macca and others don't pay him/her a visit.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 6, 2011 17:42

Love the photo of Mick and Paul!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 6, 2011 18:07

proudmary
By Carla Hay
Rolling Stones Examine

Now does that look like a man who does'nt want to tour again...Definitely not!

[www.examiner.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-06 18:13 by colonial.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: May 6, 2011 18:10

Paul got the hotter chick.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 6, 2011 20:04

stonethobo

L'Wren is a successful designer, an artist like Mick. There's more to her than hotness. Love her dress.

It wouldn't kill Mick to consider dental bleaching.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 6, 2011 20:53

Bliss
stonethobo

L'Wren is a successful designer, an artist like Mick. There's more to her than hotness. Love her dress.

Why does´nt he get his thumb out of his ass, and do the tour to end all tours, and show those wimps U2 etc that they´re a hopeless bunch of wannabees...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: May 6, 2011 20:54

stonethobo

I agree like woody said 100% of the time

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: May 7, 2011 00:17

I think Mick's suit is much cooler than Paul's- Green plaid jacket- whoa. Mick's girl seems closer to his age than Paul's- but they are rock gods. I guess they should have 'young babes'. Mick looks great!

Date: May 7, 2011 01:04

I bet Mick's chick is younger the macca's.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 7, 2011 01:24

Donald Trump has a prettier chick than Mick Jagger. How did that happen?

Date: May 7, 2011 01:28

That peckerhead never smiles with all his wealth!

Date: May 7, 2011 01:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-07 15:45 by mitchflorida.

Date: May 7, 2011 01:47

That's right after he was talking about himself. What does on his face? His Skin tone is horrible!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 7, 2011 03:36

wait a second i thought mick n paul were the same height whats going on here?guess mick had on those special custom made nikes again

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: May 7, 2011 06:51

dougie
I think Mick's suit is much cooler than Paul's- Green plaid jacket- whoa. Mick's girl seems closer to his age than Paul's- but they are rock gods. I guess they should have 'young babes'. Mick looks great!
L'Wren's 43 and Nancy's 51.

Posted by: CatherineTramell ()
Date: May 7, 2011 08:56

Witty Mick

Inside the 2011 Met Gala with VOGUE

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 7, 2011 11:07

mickijaggeroo
Bliss
stonethobo

Why does´nt he get his thumb out of his ass, and do the tour to end all tours, and show those wimps U2 etc that they´re a hopeless bunch of wannabees...

Amen, well spoken indeed MJ chief viking !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2011 13:08

paulywaul
mickijaggeroo

NOW IS THERE GOING TO BE A TOUR OR NOT???!!!![

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-07 16:21 by Doxa.

Date: May 7, 2011 15:16

Doxa
paulywaul
mickijaggeroo

- Doxa

How in the hell do I know ? Ask BV. Ask Addicted. Ask Gazza. Ask Stonesdoug ... ask someone with c c c c c c c c connections. Otherwise, ask Colonial ... he seems to personify runaway optimism with no concrete foundation whatsoever. Alternatively, don't ask anyone at all, just sit back, relax, and wait. Wait for what exactly I dunno, but just wait !!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2011 16:26

paulywaul
Doxa
paulywaul
mickijaggeroo

- Doxa

How in the hell do I know ? Ask BV. Ask Addicted. Ask Gazza. Ask Stonesdoug ... ask someone with c c c c c c c c connections. Otherwise, ask Colonial ... he seems to personify runaway optimism with no concrete foundation whatsoever. Alternatively, don't ask anyone at all, just sit back, relax, and wait. Wait for what exactly I dunno, but just wait !!

Aah, sorry confusion; I wasn't asking you from you anything but just making a (humourous?) reference to "chief viking" and Mickijaggeroo's comment... but since the link was seemigly breaking some "hotlinking" rule (what a hell is that?) the picture was delated, and the whole rhetorical question lost its point...

Anyway, I put something similar back...

- Doxa

Date: May 7, 2011 16:39

Great cartoon, love it !! hot smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 7, 2011 18:04

mitchflorida
Donald Trump has a prettier chick than Mick Jagger. How did that happen?

Some girls like bad hair...

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: May 7, 2011 19:30

The Beatles SIR Paul McCartney/ Stones front man Mick Jagger...............?

Date: May 7, 2011 20:21

"Melania Trump says she married for love. Yeah, she loves money."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-07 20:27 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 10, 2011 01:57

Great photos of Mick who seems very refreshed!! He looks like a man in his 50's not 67!! Where did he get the tan? He's always gorgeous but usually much more pale. And I hate to say it, but Trump's wife is much prettier than L'Wren and Paul's fiance. How could a dork like the DON, get a model chick?? Oh, I KNOW!!! $$$$$$$$$

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 10, 2011 05:54

Mick looks fantastic and L'wren amazing. I love her hair like that, it shortens and softens her somewhat.

Amusing Lennon/Met/Jagger anecdtote from 1974:

In May Pang's book, she talks about how Mick invited her and John, who had been spending the weekend at Montauk where Mick and Bianca had a summer home, to a very prestigious Met gala on the spur of the moment. Lennon didn't have any formal wear, and declined, but Mick insisted. When they arrived at the event, Lennon was refused because of his casual attire. Mick tried to reason with the guard/doorman ('I can't believe you won't let John Lennon in!') but was unsuccesful. Then Bianca stepped up and according to Pang, after about 20 minutes of charming, cojoling and arm-twisting, the guard finally gave up and allowed Lennon in. Lennon was shy at first because the gala was full of people he was not accustomed to: the old money and glitterati and fashionistas of New York etc....but was thrilled when Jackie Onassis spoke with him and was charming to him. Pang said he was elated about "finally meeting Jackie O."
I'd love to see photos of Lennon among this crowd in jeans.

The depressing thing is that on E!, they covered the event and listed everyone, from Rhianna to JLo to Fergie to Beyonce to Fallon to Carmelo ANthony and finally....Ryan Seacrest! No mention of Mick at all.
I remember a time when Jagger's presence at an event like this would have been the first mention....it says more about our current-day celebrity culture than Mick.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 06:01 by stupidguy2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home