Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
References to the Stones in fictional TV programs or films
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 28, 2011 21:11

During CSI Las Vegas the other night the Bossman CSI Langston turns up at a crime scene., a laboratory of a ""professor" of flatlining"".

CSI Sarah Sidle was already there, there was a dead body in a cupboard, Langston says to Sarah Sidle "Where's the prof ? How is he ?"... Sarah, "Out in the corridor, he hasn't had so much fun since Altamont"..................

If I remember rightly there's another I think in the film Officer & a Gentleman......the marine seargent refers to "Not wanting any of that Mick Jagger music around here"........can't remember the detail of that though.............anybody know of any others ?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 20:28 by EddieByword.

Re: References to the Stones in fictional TV programs or films
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 28, 2011 21:36

Anyone remember Osmosis Jones (the animation set inside a human body)?

Check out 1:20 or thereabouts...

Posted by: cc ()
Date: April 28, 2011 22:26

there are those "video films we saw" that Bowie sings about in "Drive-In Saturday"...

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 3, 2011 16:40

Series1..Wayne in the British comedy Auf Wiedersehen Pet..who fancied himself as a Ronnie Wood lookalike once said something along the lines of

"People say I look like Ronnie Wood outta The Rolling Stones"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-04 07:18 by colonial.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 3, 2011 16:43

The Mighty Boosh.

"What would Mick Jagger do..."

This started my love for the Boosh.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 3, 2011 16:48

There was a movie with Whoopie Goldberg... Jumping Jack Flash wasn't it?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 3, 2011 17:09

What about that American soap opera from a few years ago ?

Can't get any more fictional that that crap. eye rolling smiley

Date: May 4, 2011 07:13

The Flintstones..Mick Jadestone and The Rolling Boulders..smoking smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 4, 2011 08:39

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH; Sean Penn as Jeff Spicoli talks about meeting Mick Jagger; (this YouTube entry says 'deleted scene," but when I saw the film it had this scene in it. So deleted from some prints perhaps).

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 4, 2011 09:17

They pop up three times in episodes of the Monkees.
In the episode of the Monkees on tour, a kinda documentary episode, the band are arriving at an airport in Phoenix and teenage girls are being interviewed upon their arrival. One girl says, "It's the Monkees? I thought it was the Rolling Stones." At the end, Nesmith thanks the Stones "for being a great group."
They're mentioned in another episode during a record swap. "Throw in the Stones."

Remember the show Room 222? There was a whole episode in the first season (69-70)
about some student promising (or scalping) tickets to a Stones show.
Of course Mr. Dixon, the hip teacher, is going to the show.

Date: May 4, 2011 14:51

Im sure The Stones have being mentioned in Coronation Street a few times

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 4, 2011 17:51

Edith Grove

Beverly Hills 90210?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: May 4, 2011 17:52

A couple of obvious ones:

Keith Don't Go

YCAGWYW in The Big Chill

Back to Ridgemont High, Spicoli says with the reward money he's gonna "Jam with the Stones".

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 4, 2011 19:49

colonial
Wayne in the British comedy Auf Wiedersehen Pet who fancied himself as a Ronnie Wood lookalike once said something along the lines of
Ah yeah...flashback, he did as well...Cheers Colonial cool smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 4, 2011 19:54

Elmo Lewis
Edith Grove

Beverly Hills 90210?

Was that it?

I could'a swore it was a daytime soap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-04 19:54 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 4, 2011 20:07

Elmo Lewis
Edith Grove

Beverly Hills 90210?

Phew !!
I thought you mentioned Melrose Place smoking smiley

BTW, I like Heather Locklear
She looks like a nice & friendly person ,plus she looks pretty imo .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 4, 2011 20:27

In the original Bad News Bears, Tatum O'Neill's character loses a bet and has to go on a date to a Rolling Stones concert with the kid on the motorcycle.

Date: May 4, 2011 21:21

Yeah, EG, "Streets Of Love" was used in a daytime saop. 90210 was back during the Voodoo Lounge tour.

Date: May 4, 2011 21:23

Sway said:

BTW, I like Heather Locklear
She looks like a nice & friendly person ,plus she looks pretty imo .

No kidding! She's a doll. Married both Tommy Lee (he ruined her for all future men - LOL) and Richie Sambora.

Posted by: stonesncrowes ()
Date: May 4, 2011 21:35

There was an episode in the last season of the TV show The Wonder Years that was titled "Ladies and Gentlemen...The Rolling Stones". The entire episode revolves around a rumor that the Stones are playing at some dive bar and the kids spend the entire night driving from place to place trying to find them. Since The Wonder Years takes place in the 60's there's a few other Stones references strewn about throughout the years.

It's also been mentioned in other threads but the TV show That 70's Show named every episode in one of the seasons after Stones songs. They've also done the same with Led Zeppelin and The Who.

There's also a scene in the movie Clueless where a burnout kid says something along the lines of "When my mom's bitching at me I just gotta remember that one day my kids will feel about Nirvana the way I feel about the Rolling Stones".

Another reference was from the Drew Carey Show. In one episode he wins tickets to a Stones show at the Rock n Roll HOF. There's a few wisecracks throughout the episode including one about seeing the ghost of death behind Keith.

At the end of the movie Taking Woodstock (all about the festival), the guy at the end says he's going out to California to do a show with the Stones (Altamont).

In the movie Get Him To The Greek, Puff Daddy's character makes a joke about how rock stars never die and says something like "Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, they don't @#$%& die".

The movie Almost Famous has a few Stones references including one in a deleted scene that explains that Penny Lane began her life as a Band Aid after Keith pulled her on stage during Midnight Rambler and she never looked back.

These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. If I can remember anymore I'll make sure to post them.

Date: May 4, 2011 21:42

Yeah, I saw that episode of The Wonder Years when it first came on. Would love to see it again.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 5, 2011 00:01

stonesncrowes
In the movie Get Him To The Greek, Puff Daddy's character makes a joke about how rock stars never die and says something like "Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, they don't @#$%& die".

Yea some funny shit, He emphazied British rock stars, he also says Ozzy Osbourne will out live Miley Cyrus.

Date: March 23, 2012 10:07

colonial
(Series1)..Wayne in the British comedy Auf Wiedersehen Pet..who fancied himself as a Ronnie Wood lookalike once said something along the lines of

Auf Wiedersehen Pet (Series3)

Oz.. "Thought she might of been a Stones fan with a name like Wyman"..
Wyman.. "ya hardly idolize a Bass player would ya"..

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 23, 2012 14:01

Horror movie Nightwing from the late 70s. One character says a woman doesn't even know who Mick Jagger is.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: March 23, 2012 14:11

Elmo Lewis
Yeah, EG, "Streets Of Love" was used in a daytime saop. 90210 was back during the Voodoo Lounge tour.

I hate to admit to knowing both of these, but the daytime show was "Days of our Lives"

The BH90210 episode was VL Tour at the Pasadena Rose Bowl. Could have been some clever editing, but it looked like the actors were at the actual show.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: March 23, 2012 14:20

colonial
The Flintstones..Mick Jadestone and The Rolling Boulders..smoking smiley

You deserve Extra Credit for this answer.

When I was in college the Flintstones were on the local channel every day at 4pm. I'd yell to my roomates, "hey guys, the stones are on TV". They'd come running only to be greeted by Wilma, Fred, Betty, & Barney. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-23 14:20 by KSIE.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 23, 2012 14:34

Elmo Lewis

lol..daytime soap operas on American Network TV. A thing of the past now. I do recall a funny one though. All My Children, back around 1981 or so. Character by the name of Tad Martin (later became one of the "stars" of this show, but at the time, a teenager and played by a different actor), is going through some teenage angst and whatever the "drama" was going on in the script otherwise, and he is cutting school or whatever and lights up his first joint. clearly he is heading for the wrong side of the tracks in life and he might have become a "runaway" for a bit. But anyway, as he is smoking the music in the background is "Dance Part 1" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 23, 2012 14:40

There's a scene in The Odd Couple TV show and the Tony Randall character makes some reference to The Beatles, and I forget how it goes, but he is questioned in some way, and the only member (of the Beatles) he can think of is Mick Jagger.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 23, 2012 14:54

The Knights Of Prosperity

(didn't go over then, would be even weirder now)

>>Eugine Gurkin (Donal Logue) is a janitor who scrubs toilets for the man until one day he decides to ditch the blue collar rat race, form up a group of equally downtrodden misfits and - armed with custom-made t-shirts and a plan -goes to work stealing the American dream. They call themselves The Knights of Prosperity and they "rob from the rich to give to themselves" according to Paul Shaffer's hysterical and catchy opening theme song. Their first target: Mick Jagger.<<

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: March 23, 2012 16:36

There's an episode of New Adventures of Old Christine called Exile on Lame Street which involves trying to get to a stones show.

Plus of course the Simpsons episode but i guess that's too obvious

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1290
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home