Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: McCartney and McCartney II Deluxe Out June 13
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:26

Track listings have been announced.

[www.paulmccartney.com]

Re: OT: McCartney and McCartney II Deluxe Out June 13
Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:33

Not sure I know much about this man; wasn't he a co-writer of one of the earliest Stones recording, "I wanna be your man"? Did he become a writer of note for any other artists in the subsequent decades, or was that his claim to fame?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:59

Looking forward to this...can't wait for "Ram" to get the same treatment.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:00

Thanks tatters! I haven't looked on Maccas site for a while. This looks like a very detailed release. I have never been a big fan of McCartney II, but love McCartney, and the plethera of bonus tracks is great! The Maybe I'm Amazed live 79 looks like it is from the UK tour the Wings did before they all flew the coup. Should be very interesting. The deluxe Band on the Run in the hard back book form was FANTASTIC and it looks like he is replicating the same packaging for this release. Now bring on RAM!!!!! And Wings Over America with bonus material and the complet Rock Show movie on DVD!

Date: April 28, 2011 03:20

I was hoping for more unreleased material from the original 1969-1970 McCartney sessions, not live tracks from 1979, but maybe there wasn't all that much from the original studio sessions to choose from. I haven't listened to McCartney II since it first came out. Waterfalls is a pretty song, but the most interesting thing about the album is that it was the last new Paul McCartney music John Lennon ever heard. I agree with Justin and whitem8. Ram Deluxe should be really good.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-28 04:08 by tatters.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:40

I am really looking forward to these. I hope I will have enough money to buy the deluxe versions, though I may have to settle for the still-nice 2 disc editions. Either way I plan to get them. I love his first solo album, and McCartney II is an interesting curiosity with a few under-appreciated gems.

Date: April 28, 2011 04:28

Found some interesting info about the McCartney sessions.

[webpages.charter.net]

Just click on "1970"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-28 04:29 by tatters.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 28, 2011 04:31

Mccartney II sucks. Wonder where his head was at.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 28, 2011 08:32

Pretty sure they know Ram is the album a lot people are waiting for. That's why they're spreading them out. Hope it's not the last in the series, especially if they do all his solo albums. Most of them aren't very good in my opinion. I will buy the 1970 McCartney, it's one of my favorites.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 28, 2011 09:15

I'm still very happy with my Fold-out covers LPs...various stuff...and extremely good-sounding...

2 1 2 0

Date: April 28, 2011 09:34

yes i will get the first album but probably not II. like others said its not very good

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 28, 2011 10:51

frankotero
Pretty sure they know Ram is the album a lot people are waiting for. That's why they're spreading them out. Hope it's not the last in the series, especially if they do all his solo albums. Most of them aren't very good in my opinion. I will buy the 1970 McCartney, it's one of my favorites.

Funny that Ram was savaged by the critics and a lot of fans when released.
Now it's considered one of his best, and indeed it is. It's a great record.

Date: April 28, 2011 15:44

tomk
frankotero

Funny that Ram was savaged by the critics and a lot of fans when released.
Now it's considered one of his best, and indeed it is. It's a great record.

It should be a good candidate for the Deluxe Treatment. Between the demos he made in the summer of '70, and the full-band recording sessions in early '71, there could be quite a bit of interesting material in the vaults. Paul never again made an album that has as much of a Beatles flavor as Ram does. Back Seat Of My Car, to my ears at least, is a Beatles song. A GREAT Beatles song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-28 15:55 by tatters.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 28, 2011 15:49

Great especially McCartney "I" bit disappointed that there are only three outtakes/demo

CD 2 - Bonus Audio Tracks
Suicide [Out-take]
Don't Cry Baby [Out-take]
Women Kind (Demo) [Mono]

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 28, 2011 18:14

i would have prefered the now delayed boxed set ouf outtakes and altenates wich was in the tube but now stopped because mccartney has this new contract with all these re-relases...
though the first one BOTR was really great and these two also look great
i love him & i hate him

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 28, 2011 19:16

Bit disappointed at the tracklisting - there could have been more roughs/demo versions. When you see what is available on bootlegs you wonder why they bothered. Can't wait for the Red Rose Speedway deluxe version either - the Alt version boot of that is truly amazing and features some of the hardest rocking Macca did after The Beatles, especially those Holland and Belgium gigs in 72.

Date: April 29, 2011 02:14

If nothing else, I would expect Ram Deluxe to include the extremely rare mono version of the album, released only as a promotional disc that was sent to radio stations in 1971.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 29, 2011 07:10

The mono Ram is available from South American countries reasonably priced. But the drawback is usually they're not known for high quality records. I've heard it on CD and wasn't impressed. I believe it's a fold down, like many mono releases from that period.

Date: April 29, 2011 14:46

frankotero
The mono Ram is available from South American countries reasonably priced. But the drawback is usually they're not known for high quality records. I've heard it on CD and wasn't impressed. I believe it's a fold down, like many mono releases from that period.

The record I'm talking about (MAS3375) was specially mixed for mono and differs from the common stereo version (SMAS3375). It's never been released on CD. If you've heard it, you heard a bootleg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-29 14:57 by tatters.

Date: April 29, 2011 15:04

The record I'm talking about (MAS3375) was specially mixed for mono and differs from the common stereo version (SMAS3375

Released 1970?

2 1 2 0

Date: April 29, 2011 15:08

Come On
The record I'm talking about (MAS3375) was specially mixed for mono and differs from the common stereo version (SMAS3375

Released 1970?

Released May 17, 1971.

[www.bootlegzone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-29 15:15 by tatters.

Date: April 29, 2011 15:16

Were did you get it from? E-bay? Albums from 1969 - 1991 is very tough to find in Mono...

2 1 2 0

Date: April 29, 2011 15:25

Come On
Were did you get it from? E-bay? Albums from 1969 - 1991 is very tough to find in Mono...

See the link I posted above. The reviews say it differs from the stereo version in only subtle ways. Still surprising that such a thing even exists, though, considering that Abbey Road and Let It Be were never mixed in mono at all.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 29, 2011 19:28

NICOS
Great especially McCartney "I" bit disappointed that there are only three outtakes/demo

Suicide [Out-take]
Women Kind (Demo) [Mono]

I believe there is a snippet of "Suicide" that can already be heard on "McCartney."

It appears at the end of "Hot As Sun/Glasses" at the 1:57 mark.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 30, 2011 01:02

CD #2 will be good for a coaster for a bottle of beer. Love MACCA,but ALL of these songs are weak. IMO. Weak lyrics and not much else.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 30, 2011 12:14

tatters
Come On

Released 1970?

Released May 17, 1971.

[www.bootlegzone.com]

The mono mix (vinyl transfer) is available on the "Alternative Ram" boot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 20:24 by vudicus.

Date: April 30, 2011 13:49

loog droog
NICOS

Suicide [Out-take]
Women Kind (Demo) [Mono]

I believe there is a snippet of "Suicide" that can already be heard on "McCartney."

It appears at the end of "Hot As Sun/Glasses" at the 1:57 mark.
Yup you are right, that is suicide snippet. Interestingly, he wrote that song thinking Sinatra would sing it. Sinatra didn't like it.

Date: June 15, 2011 00:35

Anybody pick these up yet?

Date: June 15, 2011 03:59

Yeah have them both waiting for me in the US. I leave today and will check them out when I arrive. I ordered both on deluxe...McCartney II didn't do much for me, but as collector I really wanted the Deluxe of that as well. I will reappraise it and see it it clicks with me this time.

Date: June 15, 2011 04:06

This is a good one from McCartney II.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home