Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Doors Drummer Densmore Says He's Done Signing Autographs
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2011 11:46

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 26, 2011 12:19

Date: April 26, 2011 12:41

hbwriter
my favorite beatle video - DICK!

"I'm warning you with peace and love, I have too much to do"; he actually says that, LOL. Ringo is such a tool, ahaha..

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: April 26, 2011 14:13

Densmore's cool. He gives 15 per cent of his income to charity.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 14:34

densmore is the only one of the surviving member of doors who doesn't treat jim morrison's image as a cash cow. a few yrs ago ray manzarek and robby krieger talked him into letting riders on the storm be used for a commercial.he later felt guilty about it and gave all the money to charity.while jim was alive the other doors allowed Buick to use light my fire for a commercial while morrison was away. when he returned and found out about it he went ballistic even though krieger wrote that song. he felt they sold out and the the relationship between morrison and the other doors was never as close again.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 26, 2011 14:44

ghostryder13
densmore is the only one of the surviving member of doors who doesn't treat jim morrison's image as a cash cow. a few yrs ago ray manzarek and robby krieger talked him into letting riders on the storm be used for a commercial.he later felt guilty about it and gave all the money to charity.while jim was alive the other doors allowed Buick to use light my fire for a commercial while morrison was away. when he returned and found out about it he went ballistic even though krieger wrote that song. he felt they sold out and the the relationship between morrison and the other doors was never as close again.

I think that was just a scene in the movie. I'm not sure it ever really happened. Any Doors experts know the true story about that?

Date: April 26, 2011 14:49

Palace Revolution 2000
hbwriter

"I'm warning you with peace and love, I have too much to do"; he actually says that, LOL. Ringo is such a tool, ahaha..

Considering it was a Beatles "fan" who murdered John, (and another one who stabbed George when he was ALREADY dying of cancer) I'm amazed Paul and Ringo have any interaction with Beatles fans at all. Seriously, if you were a Beatle how would you treat your fans post-1980? I think I might consent to perform for them, but only with sunglasses on, and I certainly would never SPEAK a word to any of them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-27 13:50 by tatters.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 14:51

tatters
I think that was just a scene in the movie. I'm not sure it ever really happened. Any Doors experts know the true story about that?

the big difference between what happened and what was in the movie was the commercial never made it to T.V.

John Densmore recalls that Buick offered $75,000 in October, 1968 to adapt the song for use in a Buick Opel TV commercial ("Come on, Buick, light my fire". Morrison, however, was still in London after a European tour had just ended on September 20 and could not be reached by the other group members who agreed to the deal in his absence. As the band had agreed in 1965 to both equal splits and everyone having veto power in decisions, Morrison consequently called Buick and threatened to smash an Opel with a sledgehammer on television should the (presumably ready) commercial be aired. Various sources claim that this was a turning point in the band's career and Jim started losing faith in the other members for selling out just for quick cash

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 26, 2011 19:11

tatters
Palace Revolution 2000
hbwriter

Considering it was a Beatles "fan" who murdered John, (and another one who stabbed George when he was ALREADY dying of cancer) I'm amazed Paul and Ringo have any interaction with Beatles fans at all. Seriously, if you were a Beatle how would you treat your fans post-1980? I think I might consent to perform for them, but only with sunglasses on, and I certainly would never SPEAK a word to them.
Well Paul consistently signs autographs at his shows without complaining.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 19:54

I recall on DAVID LETTERMAN's recurring "Brush with Greatness" bit where he would have audience members relate their encounters with celebrities, one woman shared getting Keith Richards' autograph. She said, "He was walking to his seat in the stands at a tennis tournament, carrying food from the snack counter. So I approached him in the aisle and said, `Mr. Richards, may I have your autograph?' And he said, `Sure. But could you hold my hotdog?'" [This got a BIG laugh from the audience!] "So I held his hotdog and he gave me his autograph."

Date: April 26, 2011 21:06

ghostryder13

densmore does sign off on every doors cd that gets released though

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: April 26, 2011 22:06

Date: April 27, 2011 01:31

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
Palace Revolution 2000
hbwriter

Considering it was a Beatles "fan" who murdered John, (and another one who stabbed George when he was ALREADY dying of cancer) I'm amazed Paul and Ringo have any interaction with Beatles fans at all. Seriously, if you were a Beatle how would you treat your fans post-1980? I think I might consent to perform for them, but only with sunglasses on, and I certainly would never SPEAK a word to them.

I know. He's amazingly good to his fans under the circumstances. Of course, he did stay pretty much out of sight for 9 years after John got shot.

Date: April 27, 2011 01:34

Title5Take1
I recall on DAVID LETTERMAN's recurring "Brush with Greatness" bit where he would have audience members relate their encounters with celebrities, one woman shared getting Keith Richards' autograph. She said, "He was walking to his seat in the stands at a tennis tournament, carrying food from the snack counter. So I approached him in the aisle and said, `Mr. Richards, may I have your autograph?' And he said, `Sure. But could you hold my hotdog?'" [This got a BIG laugh from the audience!] "So I held his hotdog and he gave me his autograph."

Being entrusted to take care of his hot dog is even better than getting his autograph.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 27, 2011 01:52

tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters
Palace Revolution 2000
hbwriter

I know. He's amazingly good to his fans under the circumstances. Of course, he did stay pretty much out of sight for 9 years after John got shot.
Yeah he definitely laid low after Lennon got killed.Can't blame him.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 27, 2011 02:34

What's the use of having a autographs of someone beside a signed big bill?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 27, 2011 03:09

21stcenturystones
I met Mick Taylor after a show once. I ask him to sign my CD. He said "let me go take a piss, then I'll sign it". And he did. (OK, go ahead and make the obvious joke)!

ok, i'll take the bait...

Did he offer to shake hands with you after?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 27, 2011 07:25

MACCA is super fan friendly. Said hello to him back in 2006 in Seattle,and he was nice. Didnt ask for his autograph. He did stop and sign a bunch of autographs for others and was talkative and super cool. Give him an "A" for being a cool dude and down to earth. Ronnie Wood is the same way.

Date: April 27, 2011 12:03

hbwriter

Some people tend to forget who made them stars in the first place. Priceless!

Date: April 27, 2011 13:21

DandelionPowderman
hbwriter

Some people tend to forget who made them stars in the first place. Priceless!

If the people who made you a star also shot and stabbed your bandmates you would have every right to tell them to all go f*uck themselves. What's amazing is that as recently as 2008 you COULD still send Ringo your Beatles memorabilia and he would sign it and send it back to you. He didn't HAVE to do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-27 13:49 by tatters.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 27, 2011 15:54

NICOS
What's the use of having a autographs of someone beside a signed big bill?
This is a good question, can anyone answer what is the attracion of autographs?
I kind of understand if you get it in person, but why would anyone EVER buy one?....
actually why would anyone ask for one in person? What is the point??

One time someone I was aquainted with (a record dealer) showed my an autogrpah he had just purchased for $400.00, he was very happy about it, It was supposedly Jimi Hendrix's. I tried to act like it was cool, but I did not really think that. He paid $400.00 for it? wtf? why?... I just thought (to myself) how silly can a person be to spend that much on a probably fake autograph?

What does it indicate if you have an autograph? so what? and then? and then?

I too ask....
What's the use of having a autograph of someone's besides on a signed BIG bill?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: April 27, 2011 16:04

in that richard starkey video he's saying that he won't sign things that people mail him. he never says "if you see me on the street, don't ask". he probably gets lots of mail. too much work to sign and reply to everything. i don't think that's necessarily THAT bad. but if a kid comes up to him while he's taking a stroll and he tells him no autographs? then yes, he's a dick.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: April 27, 2011 21:11

Midnight Toker
MACCA is super fan friendly. Said hello to him back in 2006 in Seattle,and he was nice. Didnt ask for his autograph. He did stop and sign a bunch of autographs for others and was talkative and super cool. Give him an "A" for being a cool dude and down to earth.

Where did you see him?

I don't blame Ringo or John D. for not wanting to sign anymore. They've been hounded for 40+ years; let them alone!

Aside: I never noticed before how much John Densmore resembles the actor Bruce Dern.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1385
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home