Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Keith Finally Back At Work
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 10, 2011 14:30

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
First - the book, now - a solo album, and in the near future - the documentary about his career (but with the use of the Stones' archival materials). It seems that someone has put an end to his work with the Rolling Stones.
What's an irony! No one expected that KR would turn out to be the person who'd destroy the Stones

Please stop speculating! We don't even know what Keith's recordings are. It could be for the new Stones album for what we know...

We can only speculate - me like all the others here.
"It could be for the new Stones album" - come on, you yourself do not believe in it!

Speculation leaves you blind here. Open up! If you don't know for a fact, don't rule out the other options. It's a 50th anniversary round the corner. No one in the Stones even has the power to let that go (even if one wanted to).

You just can not believe in the possibility that Richards may throw the Stones like that. But this is happening right here and now before our eyes.

No, it's not. In your imagination, perhaps. But luckily, time is on our side smiling smiley

Let's see but what if I'm right?

Then I'll bow down for you, proudmary, and announce that you were right and I was wrong smiling smiley

OK!!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 10, 2011 23:26

StonesJunkie
Sorry guys, that was me. My wife and friends that were with me were all freaked out that I posted it and were afraid of legal action so I pulled it. If Keith is working on something new, I don't want to be the one that causes him problems by letting it out too soon, but it was damn awesome to hear live!!

Many thanks StonesJunkie...were all good songs?! I hope you have heard a song called "You Got It Made" winking smiley

Date: October 22, 2011 00:44

"In 2011, Richards worked on the Rolling Stones' reissue of their 1978 album "Some Girls," and he returned to the recording studio to work on solo material with longtime collaborator Steve Jordan. GQ reports that Richards and Jordan have recorded six songs so far "which may or may not turn into an album." Richards said of recording his latest solo music: "I'm sort of basically recovering from the book, and this is my therapy at the moment. In the process of doing it, my chops are coming back. Songwriting's a weird game. I never intended to become one — I fell into this by mistake, and I can't get out of it. It fascinates me. I like to point out the rawer points of life. I work the seamier side of life."

Teddy will tell...if these songs will turn into a solo album! winking smiley

Date: October 22, 2011 16:26

C'mon Keef, these songs are good to finish the album! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: October 22, 2011 20:30

KRiffhard

Keith looks like he has the Steel Wheels album cover on his face.

Date: October 22, 2011 21:42

uhbuhgullayew
KRiffhard

Keith looks like he has the Steel Wheels album cover on his face.

grinning smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 22, 2011 21:56

So one recording in Con. Is there a home studio there ?
I thought it was in NY (?). Hit factory is closed. So where is the studio ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 23:45

They've been recording in both Connecticut and New York City.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 22, 2011 23:51

It's hard to understand why "She wouldn't listen to me" is still unfinished, is still not on an album. I've just heard it for the first time but I'd say it's one of Keith's best.

Date: October 27, 2011 23:38

billwebster
It's hard to understand why "She wouldn't listen to me" is still unfinished, is still not on an album. I've just heard it for the first time but I'd say it's one of Keith's best.

...just as "You got it made", "Randy Whore" and many others eye rolling smiley. "She never listen to me" could be a great reggae song.

Date: November 4, 2011 19:15

TeddyB1018
Keith's first choice bar none is a new Stones album. They are waiting on Mick.

I wonder if Keef is still waiting on Mick.
I think he's not recording with Steve for a new Stones album.

Date: November 5, 2011 14:13

Date: February 20, 2012 20:01

Date: May 14, 2011 10:14

Keith wants the Stones to roll. He's waiting on Mick. The work he's doing with Steve Jordan could wind up being used for anything. The Winos album could be a threat, it might wind up a stop gap. It all depends on Jagger. Keith is in good shape though, better than in some time.

Date: May 28, 2011 23:54

Keith is still recording toward a potential Winos project (...)

Date: May 14, 2011 10:14

Keith wants the Stones to roll. He's waiting on Mick. The work he's doing with Steve Jordan could wind up being used for anything. The Winos album could be a threat, it might wind up a stop gap. It all depends on Jagger. Keith is in good shape though, better than in some time.

Date: October 22, 2011 23:45

They've been recording in both Connecticut and New York City.

TeddyB1018
Yep. He's also back in the studio working in his own stuff. Playing well.

...confirmed by Ronnie: "(...)Keith is making his record in New York, Mick is like, forever, getting into different musical... we are not getting any younger.(...)”

Teddy, where are you? eye rolling smiley

Date: June 27, 2012 20:34

Date: June 27, 2012 20:52

Where is that video of Keith from the BANG tour on the B-stage during Honky Tonk Women (with the bizarre intro) where Darryl points at his feet so he won't fall off?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-27 23:55 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Date: June 27, 2012 23:35

I'm around, Riffhard. Keith is still working in the studio with Pierre as of two days ago. The word I heard from someone present daily at the studio in New Jersey is that it sounded really, even surprisingly great. Of course, as Gazza might point out, what are they going to say? -- especially as Gazza seems to have heard a bit differently. Anyway, it's all slowly moving forward. We can't say full steam ahead, as it's been more glacial, and Mick is obviously being cautious, but everyone still expects another go-round for the Stones.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 27, 2012 23:41

Thank you Teddy

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 27, 2012 23:43

KRiffhard
"GQ reports that Richards and Jordan have recorded six songs so far "which may or may not turn into an album."

Geez. One would think that the journalist would know that what 'may or may not' says is moot. Only one is necessary - it automatically implies the other. But people are dumb. That's why you hear someone, when talking to a group of people, say such ignorant tripe as "each and every individual".

Did any of those people take writng language classes? Is there a bottom to hit with stupidity in language?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 27, 2012 23:46

He should work his ass to London

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: June 27, 2012 23:55

This is just another rumor to throw us all off the track. I believe this message was provided to us in good faith to keep us informed, but I do not believe a word of it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2012 00:03

TeddyB1018
I'm around, Riffhard. Keith is still working in the studio with Pierre as of two days ago. The word I heard from someone present daily at the studio in New Jersey is that it sounded really, even surprisingly great. Of course, as Gazza might point out, what are they going to say? -- especially as Gazza seems to have heard a bit differently. Anyway, it's all slowly moving forward. We can't say full steam ahead, as it's been more glacial, and Mick is obviously being cautious, but everyone still expects another go-round for the Stones.

No. I didnt hear it differently. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 28, 2012 16:46

Gazza
TeddyB1018

No. I didnt hear it differently. tongue sticking out smiley

good news...thanks for sharing. we can be cautiously optimistic.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 28, 2012 16:50

new jersey? must be working on country songs...new jersey's in the country, innit?

Date: June 28, 2012 17:51

StonesTod
new jersey? must be working on country songs...new jersey's in the country, innit?

It has country in it.

Any idea where that video is of Keith playing HTW bizarrely in the beginning and almost falling off the B-stage?

Date: June 28, 2012 18:32

TeddyB1018

Many thanks Teddy, great news!
Do you know if Keith is still working with Steve Jordan (or other Winos) in New Jersey?

Date: June 29, 2012 16:31

TeddyB1018

Many thanks Teddy, great news!
Do you know if Keith is still working with Steve Jordan (or other Winos) in New Jersey?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 29, 2012 19:12

my guess is, it will never be released
jeroen

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: June 29, 2012 20:47

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod

It has country in it.

Sure. It's also the most urbanized State in America, and the studio is in the New York City metropolitan area.

Date: July 1, 2012 00:48

corriecas
jeroen

time will tell...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 1, 2012 00:57

KRiffhard
corriecas
jeroen

time will tell...

that's just an unsubstantiated rumor...it may not

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home