Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: Keith Finally Back At Work
Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:31

A great way to go would be to record again the first album song by song in the studio, 50 years later (in 2014). I don't think anyone has ever done that.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: April 27, 2011 15:53

I actually think that's a pretty good idea.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 27, 2011 17:21

riccardo99
A great way to go would be to record again the first album song by song in the studio, 50 years later (in 2014). I don't think anyone has ever done that.

was there a prob with the first go-round?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 27, 2011 17:36

Yeah,

...The squeaky kick drum pedal ;^)

Date: April 27, 2011 17:36

Spud
Yeah,

...The squeaky kick drum pedal ;^)

then a quick charlie overdub and we're done! voila! new album! yay!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 27, 2011 19:17

StonesTod
riccardo99

was there a prob with the first go-round?

While I appreciate the nod to nostalgia, I can't imagine them playing an album with almost all cover versions and the few originals are published by ABKCO. Part of the driver with recording is songwriting royalties and publishing rights.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 29, 2011 19:48

Keef has started working on a solo album just as Mick is about to release new material with EURYTHMICS star DAVE STEWART.
The guitarist has been in New York this week working on material with producer STEVE JORDAN and engineer DAVE O'DONNELL.
So that's two new solo projects from the Stones, with no official word on whether there will be anything else done as a group.
A source said: "Keith knows he's probably going to annoy Mick by doing his own album at the same time.
"Management think it could deepen the rift between them, which isn't ideal - especially as there's talk of a huge one-off gig for the Stones' 50th anniversary next year or even an Olympic gig."

Date: April 29, 2011 20:04

Exactly one year ago in May with the re-issuie of Exile while the Stones were the heroes of all world's media, I had no idea that this year will be this - a fued between them, the solo albums and the Stones on the verge of collapse
I have a feeling that Keith deliberately ramshackles the Stones. Why, all in the name of his personal popularity?

Date: April 29, 2011 20:05

they don't do anniversary one-off gigs

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 29, 2011 20:14

proudmary
Keef has started working on a solo album just as Mick is about to release new material with EURYTHMICS star DAVE STEWART.
The guitarist has been in New York this week working on material with producer STEVE JORDAN and engineer DAVE O'DONNELL.
So that's two new solo projects from the Stones, with no official word on whether there will be anything else done as a group.
A source said: "Keith knows he's probably going to annoy Mick by doing his own album at the same time.
"Management think it could deepen the rift between them, which isn't ideal - especially as there's talk of a huge one-off gig for the Stones' 50th anniversary next year or even an Olympic gig."
Where did you get these qoutes from?
Never mind. I see it came from the Sun.That's all I need to know to know that it's crap.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-29 21:23 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 29, 2011 22:06

LOL proudmary. Sometimes it seems you really believe all the crap you read. That's not really true, is it ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 29, 2011 22:48

Rolling Hansie
LOL proudmary. Sometimes it seems you really believe all the crap you read. That's not really true, is it ?

Believe what? There is nothing new in this article I posted - we knew that Mick and Keith work on their solo projects, and we knew there were talks about Olimpic gig. And there was thread about the possibility of one-off gig for last bow. So only news that Keith "knows he's probably going to annoy Mick by doing his own album at the same time" and "Management think it could deepen the rift between them" - not such a wild conclusions.

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: April 29, 2011 22:49

the stones WILL tour next year . the boys will get together in july to start work on the new album. it will be a VERY blues based album. very much back to their "roots". full circle so to speak. i got this VERY INSIDE INFO IN AN E-MAIL. so it has to be true. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 29, 2011 22:56

MRJIMMMY
the stones WILL tour next year . the boys will get together in july to start work on the new album. it will be a VERY blues based album. very much back to their "roots". full circle so to speak. i got this VERY INSIDE INFO IN AN E-MAIL. so it has to be true. eye rolling smiley

Ah! DONE DEAL THEN! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 29, 2011 23:09

Teddy, keep us updated...Keef is working on material for Deep's movie or his solo album??

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: April 30, 2011 00:38

The first work is Pirates IV.
I hope to see Keith in Cannes, Saturday 14 May for movie premiere
Sici

[edition.cnn.com]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 30, 2011 00:48

How many pirates movies are there to be made? I'll thank God for only one Ned Kelly...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 30, 2011 00:51

Check out the 2003 remake of Ned and ya'll thank Mick ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 30, 2011 20:39

Sici
The first work is Pirates IV.
I hope to see Keith in Cannes, Saturday 14 May for movie premiere
Sici

[edition.cnn.com]

...so Keef has worked with Steve Jordan on the movie soundtrack?

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: April 30, 2011 20:54

Considering the harsh comments on this board regarding the StonesĀ“last efforts, both tours and records, I find it hard to understand why there is a demand for more output from the old chaps. Cheers.

Date: April 30, 2011 21:23

Svartmer
Considering the harsh comments on this board regarding the StonesĀ“last efforts, both tours and records, I find it hard to understand why there is a demand for more output from the old chaps. Cheers.

gluttons for punishment (not a bad idea for the title of the next album/tour, btw)

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 1, 2011 02:24

... if you call that working.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 1, 2011 03:02

Rockman
Check out the 2003 remake of Ned and ya'll thank Mick ....

why did they remake an already terrible movie?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 1, 2011 03:19

Keith is not planning a solo album.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 1, 2011 03:21

the stones know exactly whats going on, the 50th is being planned as we speak

Date: May 1, 2011 03:22

TeddyB1018

please add to this to the headlines thread. would make a lovely headline.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 1, 2011 05:49

TeddyB1018
Thanks for pointing that out Teddy. Some people too easily jump to conclusions.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 1, 2011 16:18

sweetcharmedlife
[Thanks for pointing that out Teddy. Some people too easily jump to conclusions.

From the very first post since I started the thread here:

"Studio 1 at Germano Studios has been occupied of late by Keith Richards who is writing and recording new material with producer Steve Jordan. We don't know if it will be a full length album or bonus tracks to help sell Mindless Records' remasters of the three earlier WINOS CD's"

Later I noted it had been suggested the material might be for the Johnny Depp documentary. I don't think anybody jumped to conclusions. The point is Mick and Keith are writing and recording material separately with past solo collaborators. Dave Stewart denied Mick is working on a solo album. We know Mick is now mixing the project with Chris Lord-Alge. The speculation is that this is the Nokia project. The article states Keith is writing and recording material with Steve Jordan. Keith is the client so it is not session work for The Verbs. No one stated it was a Keith solo album. I speculated bonus tracks because Keith and Steve talked about doing an EP for Mindless Records during their interview a couple years ago. A better suggestion is tracks for a HAPPY soundtrack album. We will find out sooner rather than later what both their sessions are for, but I seriously doubt Mick and Dave Stewart and Keith and Steve Jordan are writing songs for a Stones album.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 1, 2011 16:49

...........< but I seriously doubt Mick and Dave Stewart and Keith and Steve Jordan are writing songs for a Stones album>....throw in Rob Thomas and that could be an ultimate Jekyl/Hyde Stones record....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 1, 2011 17:25

MRJIMMMY

I actually get even more interesting e-mails. Every day I get a couple of e-mails telling me that some very very diastant relative, usually from Africa, died and I inherrited a couple of billions dollars. All I have to do is to send my account number...I can't believe I still go to work every day :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-01 17:26 by Happy24.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home